2011 Best Game?

Jazzerman

2011 Game Of The Year  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is this the best gaming season ever? What was your favorite game?

• Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    • Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    • Battlefield 3
    • Batman: Arkham City
    • Assassin's Creed: Revalations
    • Uncharted 3
    • Dead Island
    • Portal 2
    • Killzone 3
    • Resistance 3
    • Infamous 2
    • L. A. Noire
    • Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
    • Motorstorm: Apocalypse
    • Little Big Planet 2
    • DeusEx: Human Revolution
    • Dark Souls
    • Dead Space 2
    • Rage
    • Hey Jazz! You forgot... (post below) I'm out of spaces left in the poll!

You can make an argument that this was the best year ever for video games. With so many released it could be hard to pick one as the best, but it's gotta be asked. Which game did you like the best?

(As of the time I made this poll, I'm still playing through a few of these games. I'll vote once I'm done with them) B)

No Deus Ex or SR3?

I'm not going to vote as its too tough to call for me but the ones I've enjoyed the most this year in no particular order are Skyrim, Batman AC, Portal 2, LA NOIRE, and although not released this year, I loved DCUO

You must vote!!!! :shakefist: I think your favorite game of the year just me judging by being around you a lot is Skyrim.

I knew I made this too early in morning and left some games off. Serves me right. I'll add some I've seen to the list. Hopefully you are allowed to change your vote if you wish. Just shows how many great games there have been this year.

I agree... im a 31 year old gamer who has seen every generation of console but i have never seen this many great games come out all at once... and as gaming becomes more popular as it has been we will be seeing more and more great games coming out... I have a little over 30 games right now and thats not normal for me because i like to only keep 10 games at once so i don't get overwhelmed... TO LATE!!! lol... and i tend to lean toward the RPGs that take 100+ hours to platinum...

• Like 1

Does Oblivion 5th Anniversary count, yes i was late to this party, i had it on PS3 but i just couldn't get into it, maybe since i have played the Fallouts it's made it a little easier but i have been playing this game on my 360 almost every chance i get

But i have to say L.A. Noire is one of my all time favourite games the story is just awsome and i loved every minute of it

I have to admit that I've been quite underwhelmed by a lot of the games that i've played this year and it's pissing me off, i had such high expectations for this fall and in the end i wound up barely even playing videogames at all :(

The only game this year that really blew my mind this year was Portal 2. That game had everything, a great story, an amazing co-op and a sense of humor to ease your mind after all of the hours spent thinking about routes and such. If you haven't played this game yet i strongly suggest that you do so.

Also, i hadn't played the first Portal when i played the second so i had no idea what to expect. That might have contributed a bit to the proportion of which my mind was blown.

I have to admit that I've been quite underwhelmed by a lot of the games that i've played this year and it's pissing me off, i had such high expectations for this fall and in the end i wound up barely even playing videogames at all :(

The only game this year that really blew my mind this year was Portal 2. That game had everything, a great story, an amazing co-op and a sense of humor to ease your mind after all of the hours spent thinking about routes and such. If you haven't played this game yet i strongly suggest that you do so.

Also, i hadn't played the first Portal when i played the second so i had no idea what to expect. That might have contributed a bit to the proportion of which my mind was blown.

Huh??? i totally forgot about Portal 2 and i didn't even see it in that poll, lmao but yeah Portal 2 has to be one of the best games that came out this year, loved everything about it and it was such a leap above the first game in every aspect

i really enjoyed assassins creed revelations, but it was short, the ending was rather dissapointing, and it was really boring after i platinumed it. i just got battlefield and its one of the best games ive played in the past year, so thats why i voted for that. but my friend just let me borrow skyrim which i played for 30 minutes, and that is pretty awesome as well. but i would need to get more into it before i would put my vote on skyrim.

I've only played five games out the poll, so I'm not gonna vote yet.

As of right now, my favorites are U3, P2 and DS2. Portal 2 may have a slight lead, but it's still too early to tell. Wish I could have gotten into LA Noire, but it just didn't do anything for me.

I already have Resistance 3 plus MW3 and Batman AC under the tree. :P

I'll have to say Skyrim, no game matches its sense of scale and still maintains the level of quality and attention to detail.

Honorable Mentions:

Uncharted 3 - Love the attention to detail, but the game is the shortest and easiest iteration yet. The story, while stronger than the other games, has a more disappointing ending.

Portal 2 - Very clever, well-written game. Beyond that, the puzzles all start to blend together by the end and offers little motivation to play through more than once.

Portal 2 takes my vote. Superb gameplay, tough yet fair challenges and the voice acting was phenomenal. Wheatley stole my heart then crushed it, only to steal it again in the ending. GLaDOS was hiliarious, as were the cores and Cave Johnson. It was just...awesome.

ACR is a close second for me. I love the way they closed Ezio's and Altair's stories while moving Desmond's forward. Arkham City rounds out my top 3. The game was a great big fanservice and I loved every minute of it. If only there was more Talia.

• Like 1

Deus-Ex, becuase out of all the game i have played this year, this one genuinely, 100% managed to satisy, and lived up to its hype, which never happens these days. It was fun, did everything it promised (people need to not bitch over the bosses, its a minor issue), and I enjoyed playing the whole time....plus with the length and extra stuff, it has so much replay value if you want it to.

Wow, a lot of the games in the poll I feel like were released pre-2011. I'm losing my grasp of time.

I voted for LittleBigPlanet 2 (which is without all of those spaces, by the way!). It impressed me so much. MediaMolecule improved so much on the game from the first installment that I didn't even think was possible.