Stolen bases aren't being counted

relauby1

I'm trying to get the Base Collector trophy and no matter what I do, I can't get my stolen bases to be recognized. As far as I can tell, I'm doing everything right. I'm following the guides and the videos correctly. Get someone on base, extend the lead with L1, hold L2 to queue up the steal, release it as the pitch starts. My runner always beats the throw and is called safe. But none of my attempts are being counted when I check my stats (and when I get thrown out it's not considered being caught stealing), so I haven't made any progress towards the trophy. The same thing happens if I try in retro mode or with player-lock on.

The thing is, when I check the player stats, the hits I'm using to get on base aren't being counted either, so I don't know what's going on. Is there something I could be doing with the sliders or difficulty settings that would stop me from getting the trophy? None of the guides mention anything like that, but it's the best I can think of. Although, I was able to get all the other trophies with no trouble.