What series are the most impressive to trophy hunt?

Rebourne07

2 hours ago, randotrophy said:

Resident Evil I am sure some games are not that hard, but they seem very difficult to me

Hey what’s up?

Id say most of them range from 5-6/10.

Resident Evil 7 is probably a 7(lol) if you go for 100%.

Rev2 is a 6.

Rev 1 is 6 but can be a 8-9 if done solo beyond the one trophy that is required for platinum.

Rest are 5 or be below(imo)

On topic, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry just due to the skill required or Star Ocean because they are almost all massive grinds.

SO4 being one of the most infamous.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 4

Final Fantasy, Yakuza, mainline Soulsbourne, Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts...if you have the patience and skill to get all the trophies in even one of those series (let alone all 5), you have my respect. Hell, I'm planning to get them all eventually so one day I can respect myself too

• Like 2

5 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

Yakuza. It's got everything that trophy hunters hate. High difficulty, long grinds, RNG, missables, and a large number of games in the series.

Well Yakuza doesnt include everything trophy hunters really hate. There are no online trophies at all or unobtainables. Unobtainables is the most problematic aspect of a series completion by far. 

Keeping this in mind a series like NBA could be the most impressive one. Even though some of those games were unobtainable from the very start.

4 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

The LEGO games.

You heard me. While they aren't hard games at all, there are a lot of them and none are quick. They take a lot of fiddly work to get through, can range very high in potential playtime. 100%ing so many are a testament to ones will to complete stuff.

I've played a lot of LEGO games (well, 12 anyway), but got burnt out and haven't played one in years.

3 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

While I haven't played those games, having all the plats in Disgaea series would be an absolutely batshit insane achievement cause of how long those games on average are and due to the amount of stacks each of those games have. Disgaea and Star Ocean stacking is something I would not go for.

I was going to mention Disgaea. I've got Disgaea 3's plat on Vita, and that was a lot of grinding. I can't imagine trying to do that on a console before "suspend play" became a feature. (Specifically, the Item World feature where you can level-up items via continual back-to-back turn-based TRPG fights with 10-fight checkpoints if I recall correctly.)

• Like 2

Kingdom Hearts- With the exception of KH3 which is easy and hence my only KH plat, the rest of the games are both difficult and very time consuming to platinum, especially birth by sleep, KH1, Remind DLC and CoM. Lots of collectibles, difficulty specific trophies, hard bosses and mini games. 

Disgaea Series- these are incredibly grindy and take so much time, especially Disgaea 3 and 4 

Yakuza series- again very long, most over 100 hours and there's quite a lot of these games. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

The kingdom hearts series . It takes a lot of time and effort to plat any one title .

Hey, I got platinum in every Kingdom Hearts game, it's not that time consuming really especially compared to other JRPGs, the annoying part is completing every mini game under the sun, BBS on the other hand is very time consuming tho as you have to 100% the game 3 times.

5 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

Star Ocean by far. Nothing more impressive than a series where every game is like 600-1000 hours. 

I have the platinum in Star Ocean First Departure and Star Ocean 5, SO3 and SO4 I'm still working on, they are not overly complicated just absurdly boring, especially SO4.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 2

Guitar Hero/Rock Band due to the difficulty alone. I would like to mention a bunch of fighters and shoot em ups but the difficulty tends to lessen a lot with newer releases so it’s hard to mention a specific series lol.

Doing every Lego game is also really impressive due to the amount of time it would take to do every one of them. Most people forget about Lego Rock Band, although it’s hard to really class it as a lego game at all. Final Fantasy is a pretty crazy one to complete with FFXIV on PS5 now being a thing too.

Edited by Darkette
  • Like 2

Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, Tales of - just about any JRPG series to be honest. They all typically take a lot of time, dedication, and mental fortitude. 

Fighting, Racing, and Platforming games are impressive. Memorizing endless combos and track/ level layouts, pinpoint precision and timing, basically no small amount of skill, blood, sweat, and tears.

People who can legitimately beat RTS's on the hardest difficulties without save scumming or other exploits, this would be for like XCOM and Civilization. 

1 hour ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Kingdom Hearts- With the exception of KH3 which is easy and hence my only KH plat, the rest of the games are both difficult and very time consuming to platinum, especially birth by sleep, KH1, Remind DLC and CoM. Lots of collectibles, difficulty specific trophies, hard bosses and mini games. 

Disgaea Series- these are incredibly grindy and take so much time, especially Disgaea 3 and 4 

Yakuza series- again very long, most over 100 hours and there's quite a lot of these games. 

You should check out @MakoSOLIDER, every Kingdom Hearts trophy AND every Final Fantasy trophy.

9 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Resident Evil 7 is probably a 7(lol) if you go for 100%.

Rev2 is a 6.

Can attest to these 2. Some of the Re7 DLC trophies are inane. Including the 21 card game which is just pure RNG 

Revelations 2 is a pain (unless Rev2 refers to code veronica which i have not played yet)

Also anyone who has obtained any platinums and/or 100% for sports games legit are absolutely insane and deserve respect

• Like 1