What series are the most impressive to trophy hunt?

Rebourne07

Any series of sports games 

While there's some difficult games/series out there. I've always felt anyone who completes a sports series is definitely a special breed. Especially those that go after and complete multiple series. Because unlike playing notoriously hard racing, fps or platformers. Your skills in one series can't really translate the same to another. For example someone who has completed all of the NBA2K games and goes after MLB The Show series too is pretty varied. Especially when compared to someone completing Gran Turismo after Grid Series.

• Like 1

Any game with mission/game/challenge ranking, because I hate them and they hate me :D
For example, Resident Evil Village would be fun and easy platinum (if you did more playthroughs than you absolutely must have) if not for Mercenaries mode. Or Mercenary since there was only one. I don't like score based game modes, time trial/attack modes and "keep replaying until you master it" modes, and this was all combined. It wasn't THAT hard, but it wasn't enjoyable for me at least. And combos, god I hate combos, always hated them. I want to play my way and combos are artificial challenge for no other reason than to stress the player.
So, series like Devil May Cry (yes, I understand the irony), Arkham XYZ or MGS, while I love them, are absolute pain to platinum and I respect anyone who did.

Edited by czDante92
  • Like 1

Earth Defense Force. Those games are the sheer embodiment of "grind". Also anyone who has platted White Knight Chronicles after it went offline...I can't even imagine going for that.

And much respect for anyone who has to basically troubleshoot their way through a glitchy, unsupported indie game. I went through A Hole New World a while back and nearly went insane.

Edited by EmperorZetta
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Street Fighter

Devil May Cry

Call of Duty

What about you guys? @TriadThunder-X @Copanele @Yuber6969 @AihaLoveleaf @Honor_Hand @LancashireLad87

In a past life I would have definitely said Call of Duty, however Dark Souls has always been my thing.

Souls - Great story with a great challenge. All these games are great for a solo player or for those who wish to summon friends to help out. 

DOOM - Rip and Tear, enough said.

Fallout - A fan favourite, plenty of meaty story and questlines.

Edited by TriadThunder-X
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

While I haven't played those games, having all the plats in Disgaea series would be an absolutely batshit insane achievement cause of how long those games on average are and due to the amount of stacks each of those games have. Disgaea and Star Ocean stacking is something I would not go for.

Was actually coming here to mention Disgaea. I so far only have the plats for 5 and 6, but have been playing them since #1 on the PS2 and would deeply respect anyone with all of them.

• Like 1

Sports games like FIFA, MLB, NBA, NHL are probably the most difficult to complete an entire series. You don't see too many people with at least 10+ MLB or NBA platinums completed.

I am surprised no one mentioned Dragonball and Sonic. Those games are also impressive to complete imo, considering so many Dragonball and Sonic games with trophies have been released on PS3, PS4, and PS5. Some of those games are very time consuming, and some of them are difficult. You don't see too many people with a complete set of all Sonic platinums and 100% of Sonic psn games completed. I am hoping one day to have both of those series all platinumed + 100% for all of the Sonic PSN games like Sonic Adventure. 

Edited by x7251
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, darkrequiem7 said:

I've played a lot of LEGO games (well, 12 anyway), but got burnt out and haven't played one in years.

Return to us, keep going! We are all one in the 2x2 brick and we believe in you!

11 hours ago, Darkette said:

Guitar Hero/Rock Band due to the difficulty alone.

Yeah actually I had forgotten about music games. I've always been a big fan of them, right back from Bemani.

But over the years these games got harder, and harder and in recent years where I can actually play the piano now. I put a credit into the arcade version of BeatMania DXII Mix 34 (or whatever it was) and man I almost died on the very first level and then had no hope on the 2nd stage which was like 3 out of 8 stars or something. The amount of notes and pace was relentless..

I still remember not being able to even complete let alone master some of the hardest songs on the hardest settings for PS2 Guitar Hero. The fact that it's harder to get platinum on some of these music games that it is to learn an actual real musical instrument. That's honestly some serious dedication right there!

• Like 3

Anyone who has locked in the LittleBigPlanet / Sackboy series before the servers closed has my respect.

Tons of online trophies that either require coordinated boosting or actually being creative. Tons of difficult platforming with no deaths allowed. Tons of collectibles many of which require more then one person to collect. A butt load of DLC that has long been delisted. The requirement to own a PS3, PS5, and Vita to get all the possible games. Plus you need PS Move controllers for one of the spin-offs and DLC packs. Two of the games have a ton of janky bugs and trophies.

It's a lot.

Spoiler

I actually have most of the series done and was able to get all the online done in time. But I don't own a PS5 and don't see myself getting one anytime soon so I can't finish it up.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 1

Some other impressive series are 007/James Bond, Batman, Borderlands, God of War, Grand Theft Auto, Hitman, Killzone, Ratchet & Clank, Red Faction, Sniper Elite, Far Cry, XCOM, Worms, UFC, Uncharted, Cabela's, MotoGP and Warhammer (which also includes all the Space Hulk, Mordheim, Necromunda and Blood Bowl games). Also, don't forget about Ben 10. :shakefist:

• Like 2

I think I said sports games like NBA and FIFA in a similar thread. Most of us are not big fans of them, but they're impressive to 100%, most of them are ultra rare, and they become unobtainable too quickly.

But this time, I want to mention some other franchises. Metal Gear, GTA, and.... Sonic.

MGS3 is mostly fine.

MGSV and Peace Walker are grindier and more challenging.

MGS2, MGS4, and Rising are hard to complete and are the main reason this series is impressive to get.

GTAV - both the single player and multiplayer ask a lot from you. Not to mention DLC.

GTA4 - Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic, need I say more?

Those two are already enough, but there's also stuff like that Godfather rating trophy in the old version of Vice City.

Sonic is also impressive to complete. There are many games, new and old. I'm personally familiar with the old PS3 ports of Sonic 1 and 2 where the time attack trophies are the main challenge. Not many people get them. As for the rest of the games, you'll see most of them have their fair share of challenges and ultra rare trophies.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...