Max affinity with Tonberry Blacksmith

1 hour ago, tobaldou said:

Hello trophy hunters, as I get a lot of PM's for this trophy I will try to say what I did here, as this trophy will not come alone when going upstairs.

Reveal hidden contents

First of all you need the tonberry monster in your lobby, and talk to him as many times as he wants each time he comes back from a mission (he has to pay back the money to his grandfather who is the blacksmith if I understood correctly what he was telling me), it seems to me that you have to give him 12 000 gils in total, but he takes 300 each time he wants money, so you might as well say that it's a long time...

On the other hand it seems to me that there is another method, because personally I didn't need to make him pay everything back. You have to add the Pampa (French name, its the cactus monster) as a friend in the room as well and make his friendship rise in the same way as the tonberry. 
Once the friendship is well established with the pampa he will offer you a knife which is the knife that the tonberry lost, once the knife is obtained the tonberry will want to talk to you and will explain that it is his knife and you will have to give it back to him (you have choices to make, personally I always made the first choice) you will have the tonberry who will become an adult and tell you his real name. ... at that point you just have to make a portal again, and when you come back the tonberry blacksmith will want to talk to you and thank you etc, he will tell you his real name, which is the name on the trophy and the trophy will appear.

PS: It is possible that other monster is needeed, I have a lot up the friendship of monsters, but I think it is the only 2 for the trophy. I advise you to put your savegame on the cloud, if you die you lose your monsters and so the friendship that goes with it I think and so the trophy will reset...

Personally I got the trophy at stairs 40, I think this trophy is achievable as soon as you have the pampa and the tonberry in monster (it seems to me that if you put your save before using your summoning stones, you can summon, and if it is not the tonberry or the pampa you have to recover your save and try again, This will allow you to get the trophy early in the stages, I remind you that the EXTRA mode is only available until stage 22, after that there is no more EXTRA mode, so you have to make a build or open your lobby, and hope to have randoms with a big stuff, the dlc is recent so you'll meet a lot of them, I doubt it will still be the case in a few weeks.

I tried to detail as much as possible, I hope it helps, and I hope I haven't forgotten anything, if you find another trick, 
do not hesitate to indicate it.

Thanks for the tip! I finally got the cactus so its time to lvl him ^^. 

Would you also be willing to share how to give an elixir to a magic pot? Is it one of the summon monsters or did I miss something? (The wolf talks about the pot but I have his quest maxed?)

13 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

Thanks for the tip! I finally got the cactus so its time to lvl him ^^. 

Would you also be willing to share how to give an elixir to a magic pot? Is it one of the summon monsters or did I miss something? (The wolf talks about the pot but I have his quest maxed?)

no problem,
As for the magic pot, it appears in the lobby when you come back from the portal, for me it appeared 2 times at the bottom left when you return from the portals. You just have to buy an elixir from astos, and give it to him he will give you resources. no need for a particular monster it seems to me, it appears randomly. On the other hand I don't know if it appears from a particular floor, I got it at lvl 25 but I never really looked before if it appeared, because I didn't know what this trophy meant, I also thought that it was a monster that you summon ^^

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tobaldou said:

no problem,
As for the magic pot, it appears in the lobby when you come back from the portal, for me it appeared 2 times at the bottom left when you return from the portals. You just have to buy an elixir from astos, and give it to him he will give you resources. no need for a particular monster it seems to me, it appears randomly. On the other hand I don't know if it appears from a particular floor, I got it at lvl 25 but I never really looked before if it appeared, because I didn't know what this trophy meant, I also thought that it was a monster that you summon ^^

Aaaah cool, then its just a matter of grinding some floors. Thx! :D

Edit: I found him like 2 runs after posting on floor 24 woooot! 

Edited by Laozuli

2 hours ago, Ampki said:

What summon stone did you use to get tonberry ? It won’t let me use the basic ones anymore just flawless and greater. I have about 100 blue stones I can’t use :(

You need flawless summon stones for both the cactuar (mr.prickles) and the monster tonberry that will be placed next to the blacksmith tonberry. 

You can upload your save to the cloud to keep trying for these drops and to save you time grinding (the final ones need like 16 to 18 stones each) but from experience I found out you need to play at least a new rift before the drop changes. Otherwise you will always summon the same monster. 

• Like 2

I have the tonberry and cactuar in my Rift room, i dont now if it works if people join my game and get affinity with the cactuar by doing rifts with me, if that works i can people let me join me.

I still need the trophy myself but building up affinity goes slow because im weak lol 

Edited by chellesan

• 2 months later...

I give the Tomberry the knife and choose the 2nd option in the dialoge. He say me his Name ("Mid" in german) and nothing happend. I give him 1time money before. Now i make the rifts and give him 4 times or so money and the trophy doesnt pop. Its a very wired trophy? Can anyone explain it for me?

Finally i got it. 

Here are some tips for players without a good build to get this trophy before you come stage 22 (there you lose Chaosmode and that makes the game much harder)

After a view stage, you have to fight against Gilgamesh. When you doesnt choose this mission, you dont get a stage higher and thats the point where to farm stones to get the Monsters in the Hall (you need Mrs. Pickles and the little Tomberry)

Play through stage 17 and choose so often you can, the rifts where you must find the portals. Open all chest and defeat all enemys for the stones.

On this way and with a little bit luck you become Tomberry and Mrs Pickles. When not, farm here (Stage 17 for all the stones). Give Mrs Pickles all what she wont (or some mystic food) and talk with the Tomberry. After a while, you get a Knife from Mrs Pickles and that you have to give the Tomberry. Play every time rifts between that to activate the dialoges. 

I choose the 1st option in all the dialoges and he say you his Name "Mid"

When this happend, you can fight against youre last time against Gilgamesh to get his weapons (you must bring all the weapons to the Blacksmith but thats automaticly after the Gilgamesh fights)

After the last weapon from Gilgamesh, the last dialoge is activ and you can talk with the Blacksmith and he call you his Name "Cid"

Hope that helps. And hope my english is fine enough to understand.

Greetings✌?