New Tales From The Borderlands TROPHY GUIDE & ROADMAP

4 hours ago, SensaiGaia1 said:

Nice guide so far! I finished the game and got the ending where Anu died but Octavio and Fran are alive. Gonna wait a while until I know all endings have been found :) 

All endings ARE found. There are 5 as the guide says ?

What where your scores in Ep.5 for this ending?

I have got the Fran died ending 

with 65% Skateboard rating

Anu Fran was 42%
Anu Ock was 61%
Fran Ock around 55%
I reunite with the shard and hug Anu at the end.

For the neutral ending 

Skateboard 67%
Anu Fran 42%
Anu Ock 60%
Fran Ock 75%

For the best ending I have got

80% Skateboard

and the relationships were all about 55-60%

The do not remember the scores of the other endings.

Thank you for the good work Ben-gun.

12 hours ago, zekromtobi said:

I have got the Fran died ending 

with 65% Skateboard rating

Anu Fran was 42%
Anu Ock was 61%
Fran Ock around 55%

For the neutral ending 

Skateboard 67%
Anu Fran 42%
Anu Ock 60%
Fran Ock 75%

For the best ending I have got

80% Skateboard

and the relationships were all about 55-60%

The do not remember the scores of the other endings.

Thank you for the good work Ben-gun.

Nice! This follows the system above ? How Octavio dies is probably the trickiest, it seems that it don't follow the scores solely.

Please let me know the scores when you get it ?

For the Anu died ending I have used 

my best ending savefile and only replay episode 5 chapter 6 and reunite with the shard but this time in the final choice I grab the shard instead of hug Anu.

For the Ock died ending I do not remember the stats because I overwrite the savefile after getting it. 
But I have used my best ending savefile and replayed episode 4 and 5 to give bad choices to lower the relationship between Ock and Anu, Ock and Fran.

The stats for my best ending are in my previous post.

I hope this will help a little bit by discovering the conditions for the endings.

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Reading all this is making me go insane.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to Platinum this which is sad because I've done every other borderlands plat twice.

One playthrough of this made me wanna jump off a cliff. I don't think I'd survive 4+ more playthroughs.

I would wait for a solid 100% confirmed guide, I’ve just tried again and all of a sudden following the guide I’ve dropped down too 67% skateboard score on episode 3 I was on 75% at the end of episode 2! The decisions shown in videos at the end don’t seem to actually matter that much it’s hitting QTEs and making the absolute correct speech decisions the developers wanted you to make. Such a stupid way to design a game and ending when the whole point is to make your own story and you get penalised for doing so.

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SzzMN said:

I would wait for a solid 100% confirmed guide, I’ve just tried again and all of a sudden following the guide I’ve dropped down too 67% skateboard score on episode 3 I was on 75% at the end of episode 2! The decisions shown in videos at the end don’t seem to actually matter that much it’s hitting QTEs and making the absolute correct speech decisions the developers wanted you to make. Such a stupid way to design a game and ending when the whole point is to make your own story and you get penalised for doing so.

Yep exactly, you're gonna need to follow a guide to a T to get all the endings. One slight mistake could mean an entire new playthrough...

15 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Yep exactly, you're gonna need to follow a guide to a T to get all the endings. One slight mistake could mean an entire new playthrough...

I’m gonna have to say unfortunately we’re both correct… the end of chapter decisions you see make little to no difference it’s all in the QTEs and conversational decisions right at the start of the game in literally the first 30 minutes is a huge decision with no correlation to the rest of the story which can change the path it’s beyond dumb. I followed the guide again and ended up with the same ending so that’s 30 hours wasted on this game. I’m gonna join in you hoping someone makes a concrete guide because fuck this ?.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

I’m gonna have to say unfortunately we’re both correct… the end of chapter decisions you see make little to no difference it’s all in the QTEs and conversational decisions right at the start of the game in literally the first 30 minutes is a huge decision with no correlation to the rest of the story which can change the path it’s beyond dumb. I followed the guide again and ended up with the same ending so that’s 30 hours wasted on this game. I’m gonna join in you hoping someone makes a concrete guide because fuck this ?.

It's like whoever made this trophy list saw how easy and simple all the telltale games were and wanted to just troll and say fuck you, you've had it easy for too long.

By far the worst borderlands game and worst trophy list for the series.

Wish they at least added a cut scene skip, they added collectibles for endings so you'd think they'd add something to help get them, but nah.

Kinda funny a game that takes literally no skill is the most painful to plat in the series.

Just finished the game only reading up beforehand that “if you make positive choices and don’t fail any QTEs you’ll get the 80% skateboard score”. Felt like I did all this, yet somehow ended on 65%, despite being on 75% at the end of Episode 4..

Trash, inconsistent and vague trophy requirements aside, this game was just so bad. For what is essentially an interactive story, the story needs to be solid. Telltale’s was a masterpiece. This was a hot mess that felt like it was written by a bunch of teens. Even if a proper trophy guide is written up I don’t know if I can stomach another playthrough (and multiple repeats of Ep 5 for all the endings) just to tick off a Plat. Here’s hoping they patch in a cutscene skip for those who have beaten the game.. Wishful thinking. 

/mini rant

Edited by OTPYG
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OTPYG said:

Just finished the game only reading up beforehand that “if you make positive choices and don’t fail any QTEs you’ll get the 80% skateboard score”. Felt like I did all this, yet somehow ended on 65%, despite being on 75% at the end of Episode 4..

Trash, inconsistent and vague trophy requirements aside, this game was just so bad. For what is essentially an interactive story, the story needs to be solid. Telltale’s was a masterpiece. This was a hot mess that felt like it was written by a bunch of teens. Even if a proper trophy guide is written up I don’t know if I can stomach another playthrough (and multiple repeats of Ep 5 for all the endings) just to tick off a Plat. Here’s hoping they patch in a cutscene skip for those who have beaten the game.. Wishful thinking. 

/mini rant

Yeah I was trying to make sure I picked the best choices and ended up with 60%...

Had like 90% in chapter 2

And yep it's absolutely dumpster fire of a game, borderlands 3 story is trash but had amazing gameplay to back it up, this is even worse than borderlands 3 story with no gameplay to back it up.

• Like 1

I don't get it ...

@Ben-Gun in your video guide for getting 80% skateboard rating you end up with 75% in the end of episode 5, or am I missing something? Trophy requires 80%?

In the end of episode 2, I have over 90% skateboard rating. No matter what I do in episode 3 (played it four times now), I drop to 65% or even 53%, depending on choices. Of course I don't fail QTEs an pick up the nicest options available, tried different ones, nothing works. In episode 4 and 5 I can increase it again, but not enough to end up with 80%.

What I can tell you so far: Having QTEs on easy, hard or even completely disabled, doesn't matter for the skateboard rating. I played episode 3 with both options (hard QTEs and disabled QTEs), took the same choices, both runs ended in 53% skateboard rating. But I disabled the timer on QTEs, maybe that matters.

I don't know and I'm not gonna try it again for now, after playing this shit over and over again, it's enough for now. Game was funny in the first playthrough, but the second one immediately gets boring.

I think I'm gonna wait for a confirmed and complete guide. Most (text)guides I found simply doesn't work, some videoguides like OverHypedGamer's just shows episode 5, starting there with a rating over 70%. Great.

So in my case something goes completely wrong with episode 3, dropping me totally down in rating.

edit:

ok, found one more guide that looks promising. Last try now :D

Edited by Billie_691

On 31.10.2022 at 1:41 AM, SzzMN said:

Are you trying to get the best ending??

Others have confirmed they got the ending following my series - When you do the same choices you get the same scores... I did it myself for my last ending, followed a random playthrough on YT.

5 hours ago, Billie_691 said:

I don't get it ...

@Ben-Gun in your video guide for getting 80% skateboard rating you end up with 75% in the end of episode 5, or am I missing something? Trophy requires 80%?

In the end of episode 2, I have over 90% skateboard rating. No matter what I do in episode 3 (played it four times now), I drop to 65% or even 53%, depending on choices. Of course I don't fail QTEs an pick up the nicest options available, tried different ones, nothing works. In episode 4 and 5 I can increase it again, but not enough to end up with 80%.

What I can tell you so far: Having QTEs on easy, hard or even completely disabled, doesn't matter for the skateboard rating. I played episode 3 with both options (hard QTEs and disabled QTEs), took the same choices, both runs ended in 53% skateboard rating. But I disabled the timer on QTEs, maybe that matters.

I don't know and I'm not gonna try it again for now, after playing this shit over and over again, it's enough for now. Game was funny in the first playthrough, but the second one immediately gets boring.

I think I'm gonna wait for a confirmed and complete guide. Most (text)guides I found simply doesn't work, some videoguides like OverHypedGamer's just shows episode 5, starting there with a rating over 70%. Great.

So in my case something goes completely wrong with episode 3, dropping me totally down in rating.

edit:

ok, found one more guide that looks promising. Last try now :D

I got 75% first, then I replayed 5.4 to get the last 5%. - updating with a new video to avoid confussion :D 

I used wrong recording for last part, you can see that I get 80% here:

Edited by Ben-Gun

On 31.10.2022 at 2:02 AM, OTPYG said:

/mini rant

Did you follow my video series and do the EXACT same choices?? Then you would have a higher score.

and failing QTE´s affects skateboard score, I can confirm - updating the guide.

And as I wrote - sometimes you get a negative respond to a "nice" answer, then quit and try another choice. But again, if you want to be 100% sure and get 80% - follow the choices in the video series. ALL choices, not only major ones. ALL dialogue

Edited by Ben-Gun

On 30.10.2022 at 8:47 PM, SzzMN said:

ALL dialogue affects the scores. You need to follow my playthrough for ALL dialogue choices. It´s not only the major choices that decide the relationships.

"Failing QTE´s lowers your skateboard score. And note that ALL dialogue choices affect your scores, not only the major choices you can see on the end chapter screen."

Edited by Ben-Gun

6 hours ago, Ben-Gun said:

I got 75% first, then I replayed 5.4 to get the last 5%. - updating with a new video to avoid confussion :D 

Yeah thanks, I got a little confused there :D

I got it now. Best ending (everyones survived, game says "The team reflects on a job well done..."). Only 78% skateboard rating, but I'm sure that's fixable in episode 5 to get 80%.

I don't know what's wrong with the game, I started with over 80% after episode 4. Followed a guide where the rating was increased during episode 5 from 70% to 80% step-by-step, I lost rating.

The game is just confusing by itself with choices and skateboard rating. You think you made a nice choice, but the outcome of the dialog after the choice is not friendly. So sometimes you just don't see the nice choices as they are written ...

@Ben-Gun next question (sorry :D)

I collected all 16 vaultlander figures. I had FL4K as an extra figure from the beginning (pre-order bonus). Game says 17/18 in the collection. No trophy for me. :(

And yes, absolutely 100% sure, I collected all 16 figures available in the game.

Edited by Billie_691

7 hours ago, Ben-Gun said:

Did you follow my video series and do the EXACT same choices?? Then you would have a higher score.

and failing QTE´s affects skateboard score, I can confirm - updating the guide.

And as I wrote - sometimes you get a negative respond to a "nice" answer, then quit and try another choice. But again, if you want to be 100% sure and get 80% - follow the choices in the video series. ALL choices, not only major ones. ALL dialogue

I used Powerpyx’s guide for my first playthrough. 

However upon finding your videos here I used yours for a chapter 1 replay. Every single decision the exact same as yours. You ended the chapter with a brother/sister score of 66%, however I only got 33%. And I noticed several comments on the video saying they only got 33% too. Not keen on replaying the remaining 4 chapters if the results are already so wildly different after just 1 chapter!

Edited by OTPYG

Little update from me ... this game is so f*king weird ... I get more confused the more I play and try to understand things :D

I got the 80% skateboard rating now. The video from OverHypedGamer didn't work at all, while he was raising his skateboard rating, my rating got reduced while I took the same options than he did. After that I replayed episode 5 with the video from @Ben-Gun here ... worked perfectly! Thank you!

12 minutes ago, OTPYG said:

However upon finding your videos here I used yours for a chapter 1 replay. Every single decision the exact same as yours. You ended the chapter with a brother/sister score of 66%, however I only got 33%. And I noticed several comments on the video saying they only got 33% too. Not keen on replaying the remaining 4 chapters if the results are already so wildly different after just 1 chapter!

Yeah like I said, there must be something wrong in the game or there must be something we all don't see yet. I've read this under a lot of guides ... "didn't work" ... "wrong" ... people are copying the exact choices and get different scores. Happened to me with two different guides, I started from the very beginning, picked every single choice like it was done in the guide, even the QTE settings were the same ... different outcome.

17 minutes ago, OTPYG said:

I used Powerpyx’s guide for my first playthrough. 

Me too, but I found that he is missing a lot, especially details in some trophies. In his "all endings" guide people are complaining too, doesn't seem to be correct.

2 hours ago, Billie_691 said:

I collected all 16 vaultlander figures. I had FL4K as an extra figure from the beginning (pre-order bonus). Game says 17/18 in the collection. No trophy for me. :(

And yes, absolutely 100% sure, I collected all 16 figures available in the game.

My trophy popped after I finished the game once more, for no reason. I didn't collect any figures there, I don't know what happened. Absolutely 100% sure that I had all 16 figures before, I double checked the collection from the main menu.

So, only one trophy left for me, the endings. Already got the good one (they wished they had earned more skateboards) and the best one (the team reflects on a job well done). Missing the three bad endings. Hopefully this is gonna work better then the rest did up to this point. What a pain

8 hours ago, laddyvalentine said:

Does anyone have the quickest solution for us to go from best ending to neutral?

YES. What is your skateboard score in ep 4? You can replay from 4.1 or even 5.1 :D - I could have just replayed from 4.1, but replayed the whole game... learn from my mistake

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ben-Gun said:

YES. What is your skateboard score in ep 4? You can replay from 4.1 or even 5.1 :D - I could have just replayed from 4.1, but replayed the whole game... learn from my mistake

By the end of episode 4 I was down to 78%.

I think playing from 5.1 onwards can fix it.

But I'll try to kill Ock first.

Edit:

Only the neutral ending is missing now, the question is... I'm having trouble reducing the team's score. What actually reduces the team's score? Because I managed to make Ock die by undermining his relationships as of 5.4 (in addition to missing several QTEs). But my team score is still great, just to give you an idea he died, and I still had 74% of the boards.

Edited by laddyvalentine

6 hours ago, laddyvalentine said:

Only the neutral ending is missing now, the question is... I'm having trouble reducing the team's score. What actually reduces the team's score? Because I managed to make Ock die by undermining his relationships as of 5.4 (in addition to missing several QTEs). But my team score is still great, just to give you an idea he died, and I still had 74% of the boards.

So failing QTEs reduces the relationships as well? Yesterday I tried one of the bad endings, didn't work, got the best ending again :D

But I think QTEs were disabled / automatically won ...

3 hours ago, Billie_691 said:

So failing QTEs reduces the relationships as well? Yesterday I tried one of the bad endings, didn't work, got the best ending again :D

But I think QTEs were disabled / automatically won ...

I honestly don't understand this game. I just finished with:

Team 70%
Anu and Fran 68%
Anu and Octavio 57%
Octavio and Fran 47%

And guess what? Fran died, and my neutral ending didn't come.