New Tales From The Borderlands TROPHY GUIDE & ROADMAP

I don’t get it. Started with 89% skateboard score. Tried everything to lower it. Failed all not necessary QTEs, choose all choices I think they lower Skate. Still nothing. Ended up with 82%

some of the choices are so unclear that you can’t even tell whether they are positive or negative. In addition, you can only look at the end of the chapter to see how the decisions have affected. No display of increasing or decreasing properties in the game. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, laddyvalentine said:

By the end of episode 4 I was down to 78%.

I think playing from 5.1 onwards can fix it.

But I'll try to kill Ock first.

Edit:

Only the neutral ending is missing now, the question is... I'm having trouble reducing the team's score. What actually reduces the team's score? Because I managed to make Ock die by undermining his relationships as of 5.4 (in addition to missing several QTEs). But my team score is still great, just to give you an idea he died, and I still had 74% of the boards.

Failing QTE´s and specific dialogue. Like pushing Lou13 in ep.5. Pick options where you are selfish. And don´t hug the teammates.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diddi89 said:

I don’t get it. Started with 89% skateboard score. Tried everything to lower it. Failed all not necessary QTEs, choose all choices I think they lower Skate. Still nothing. Ended up with 82%

some of the choices are so unclear that you can’t even tell whether they are positive or negative. In addition, you can only look at the end of the chapter to see how the decisions have affected. No display of increasing or decreasing properties in the game. 

I'm in the same boat. Started episode 5 with 70% skateboard, lowered two relationship bars and raised the third one to get one of three bad endings. Also decided to let the game play itself, which I thought would definitely lower the skateboard rating. And guess, what? I finished the game with all of three protagonists alive and got 82% skateboard (+12 % to the previous 70%).  And i barely touched the controller. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LazyJournalist said:

I'm in the same boat. Started episode 5 with 70% skateboard, lowered two relationship bars and raised the third one to get one of three bad endings. Also decided to let the game play itself, which I thought would definitely lower the skateboard rating. And guess, what? I finished the game with all of three protagonists alive and got 82% skateboard (+12 % to the previous 70%).  And i barely touched the controller. 

Yeah I think skateboard over 75% will always give the good (best) ending

Edited by Diddi89
  • Like 1

Replayed the final episode third time in a row. Not from a specific chapter, but the whole episode. Each time I choosed different replics and choices. THIRD time in a row I get good ending (82%) All three times I managed to get required relationships, but that f**king scateboard score continues to increase, which prevent me from getting bad endings. Never felt so desperate in such games. How you people managed to get 50-60% in final chapter? I have no more clues what to do cause I mixed , as I think, all options I have.  The author of this topic said he had 70% before starting this chapter. I start it with the same score. Still he managed to reduce it to 64 when in my case it's always 80+ no matter what I do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LazyJournalist said:

Repetiu o episódio final pela terceira vez consecutiva. Não de um capítulo específico, mas de todo o episódio. Cada vez eu escolhia diferentes réplicas e escolhas. TERCEIRA vez consecutiva eu recebo um bom final (82%) Todas as três vezes eu consegui os relacionamentos necessários, mas a porra da pontuação do scateboard continua a aumentar, o que me impede de obter finais ruins. Nunca me senti tão desesperado em tais jogos. Como vocês conseguiram 50-60% no capítulo final? Não tenho mais pistas do que fazer porque misturei, como acho, todas as opções que tenho. O autor deste tópico disse que tinha 70% antes de iniciar este capítulo. Eu começo com a mesma pontuação. Ainda assim, ele conseguiu reduzi-lo para 64, quando no meu caso é sempre 80+, não importa o que eu faça.

Look, I'm trying to do everything using just chapter 5, and I got to it with a high score. I was under the impression that only the QTEs really help to lower the team's score, so I put the QTEs in hard mode in the settings, to really get them wrong when I wanted to.

From then on, throughout Chapter 5 I messed up as much as I could. I only hit the ones that otherwise I would have died. So when Anu tries to open the door, I let her get everything wrong, I just let go of the controller. Same thing with Fran when she goes to do the ice cream puzzle, I miss EVERYTHING. Will Ock throw the stone at Anu? Mistake! And so on, I only get it right if I'm going to die.

In the sense of making mistakes, I just don't press anything, I just wait for time to run out. But you need to keep an eye on your setup, without being the difficult one, the others can lead you to the QTE hit.

The only action in the story that I thought could impact, is to push LOU13 over Tediore's guard, and avoid responses that value the team.

It's working to lower the team's score, but I still haven't gotten the neutral ending itself. Someone always dies.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, laddyvalentine said:

Look, I'm trying to do everything using just chapter 5, and I got to it with a high score. I was under the impression that only the QTEs really help to lower the team's score, so I put the QTEs in hard mode in the settings, to really get them wrong when I wanted to.

From then on, throughout Chapter 5 I messed up as much as I could. I only hit the ones that otherwise I would have died. So when Anu tries to open the door, I let her get everything wrong, I just let go of the controller. Same thing with Fran when she goes to do the ice cream puzzle, I miss EVERYTHING. Will Ock throw the stone at Anu? Mistake! And so on, I only get it right if I'm going to die.

In the sense of making mistakes, I just don't press anything, I just wait for time to run out. But you need to keep an eye on your setup, without being the difficult one, the others can lead you to the QTE hit.

The only action in the story that I thought could impact, is to push LOU13 over Tediore's guard, and avoid responses that value the team.

It's working to lower the team's score, but I still haven't gotten the neutral ending itself. Someone always dies.

That's exactly what I am doing, my friend. As I wrote earlier, I even left the game play itself, which still gave me 82%. Nonsense. Failed all unnecessary QTE's except for ones which could cause death. In the final chapter it seems impossible to fail most of them because of the game over. My first ending was neutral. Then I replayed final chapter and got good one. And after that I couldn't reduce skateboard rating lower than 82% each playthrough, no matter how rude I am to my teammates or how many QTE's are failed. It's such a waste of time. Thing frustrate me the most - I get the same skateboard rating every time (82), when relationships are always different. It's like game registered the number and don't want to lower it dawn.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LazyJournalist said:

That's exactly what I am doing, my friend. As I wrote earlier, I even left the game play itself, which still gave me 82%. Nonsense. Failed all unnecessary QTE's except for ones which could cause death. In the final chapter it seems impossible to fail most of them because of the game over. My first ending was neutral. Then I replayed final chapter and got good one. And after that I couldn't reduce skateboard rating lower than 82% each playthrough, no matter how rude I am to my teammates or how many QTE's are failed. It's such a waste of time. Thing frustrate me the most - I get the same skateboard rating every time (82), when relationships are always different. It's like game registered the number and don't want to lower it dawn.. 

Could it be that we are suffering from a kind of "bug"? That's too much!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, laddyvalentine said:

Could it be that we are suffering from a kind of "bug"? That's too much!

Considering I tried everything except replaying the whole game - might be. I just really don't get how some people finish it with score 60 or lower. It was such a stupid idea not to use a simple notification bar for your choices and actions like in previous TT games. Especially when they decided to add such a garbage trophy.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LazyJournalist said:

Considerando que tentei de tudo, exceto repetir o jogo inteiro - pode ser. Eu realmente não entendo como algumas pessoas terminam com pontuação 60 ou inferior. Foi uma ideia tão estúpida não usar uma barra de notificação simples para suas escolhas e ações, como nos jogos TT anteriores. Especialmente quando eles decidiram adicionar um troféu tão lixo.

Don't even talk to me! I finally managed to reduce the team's score, and now for very few choices, either Ock or Fran dies. It doesn't make any more sense to me.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, laddyvalentine said:

Don't even talk to me! I finally managed to reduce the team's score, and now for very few choices, either Ock or Fran dies. It doesn't make any more sense to me.

Just completed final chapter in episode 5. Somehow got ending with Anu dies. My stats are :

Scateboard - 82

Anu/Fran - 52

Anu/Oc - 47

Fran/Oc - 76. 

Does it mean scateboard scores is not important? What the hell going on with this game?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LazyJournalist said:

Acabei de completar o capítulo final no episódio 5. De alguma forma, acabou com a morte de Anu. Minhas estatísticas são:

Scateboard - 82

Anu/Fran - 52

Ano/Oc - 47

Fran/Oc - 76. 

Isso significa que as pontuações do scateboard não são importantes? O que diabos está acontecendo com esse jogo?

It makes no sense. Only if the stat stuck for you visually, but it still works for the finals.

Just now, LazyJournalist said:

What choices you make for both Fran and Oc to die? From now on I'm not sure if endings really depends on scateboard ratings.

So I have two guesses!

The first is that some choices matter, and that if you don't achieve them, characters will die regardless of score:

- Fran doesn't control anger.
- Ock remain selfish.
- Anu did not admit that he was wrong with his brother.

The second is that regardless of these previous choices, if the score between them is not balanced, the one with the lowest sum in the score will die.

On 2.11.2022 at 9:12 PM, laddyvalentine said:

I honestly don't understand this game. I just finished with:

Team 70%
Anu and Fran 68%
Anu and Octavio 57%
Octavio and Fran 47%

And guess what? Fran died, and my neutral ending didn't come.

1 hour ago, Diddi89 said:

Update:

get the Fran Death Ending
Skateboard 26%
Anu Fran 63%
Ocatvio Anu 67%
Octavio Fran 33%

That's the only ending I am missing now. Which choices did you pick to get Fran to die? I got the ohter endings (Octavio and Anu dead), they both died in the spaceship crash.

Edited by Billie_691

2 minutes ago, Billie_691 said:

That's the only ending I am missing now. Which choiced did you pick to get Fran to die? I got the ohter endings (Octavio and Anu dead), they both died in the spaceship crash.

always choose the angry choice.
But im not sure if this is the deciding factor.
Makes Octavio the selfish options and he never dies... i dont get it

1 minute ago, Diddi89 said:

always choose the angry choice.
But im not sure if this is the deciding factor.
Makes Octavio the selfish options and he never dies... i dont get it

I'm at an impasse between Fran and Ock, if I vary the answers, one or the other dies. The neutral ending never comes.

For Ock to die, I just say "no" when Anu asks about Eridium. And for Fran to die, but I say I already found it.

That simple.

Does anyone have any other ideas to give me for the neutral ending?

I'm at an impasse between Fran and Ock, if I vary the answers, one or the other dies. The neutral ending never comes.

For Ock to die, I just say "no" when Anu asks about Eridium. And for Fran to die, but I say I already found it.

That simple.

Does anyone have any other ideas to give me for the neutral ending?

nothing is simple in this game ^^

i choose no with erdidium, always pick selfish options between anu and oc, but still Fran dies....

I think neutral must dependent on skateboard score between 50 and 75. charachters should be close together.

2 minutes ago, Diddi89 said:

i choose no with erdidium, always pick selfish options between anu and oc, but still Fran dies....

I'm gonna try that, still need Fran to die :D

So you didn't merge with the crystal, when you have the eridium choice ... I'm gonna try that, for the Anu and Octavio deaths I merged with the crystal. Anu killed Fran than, I was so happy and thought I finally got it, but no, she revives her and either Anu or Octavio died on the spaceship crash in the very end

5 minutes ago, Billie_691 said:

I'm gonna try that, still need Fran to die :D

So you didn't merge with the crystal, when you have the eridium choice ... I'm gonna try that, for the Anu and Octavio deaths I merged with the crystal. Anu killed Fran than, I was so happy and thought I finally got it, but no, she revives her and either Anu or Octavio died on the spaceship crash in the very end

I'm laughing with respect, lol. We're so close, but nothing makes sense.

I'll try to play since chapter 4 to see if I can change the situation (but every time an attempt like this goes wrong, it hits an excess of discouragement).

I'm laughing with respect, lol. We're so close, but nothing makes sense.

Makes no sense at all.

So far, in my very first playthrough I got the neutral ending. Skateboard score was something about 70%. The three relationships were not even. Something like 70%, 65% and 40%. So one relationship was clearly lower than the rest.

After that I got the best ending, raising the skateboard score to 82%. Took me two tries, first one was not good enough.

After that I went for the bad endings, with no success. Always came out with the neutral or good ending.

So I started to massively reduce the skateboard score. Got Fran angry, Anu and Octavio selfish. Anu merged with the crystal, killed Fran, revived her, spaceship crashed, Anu dead.

Replayed episode 5 chapter 4 and were more friendly with Fran, same options with Anu and Octavio. Played out exactly the same way, but Octavio died in the crash, which makes no sense to me. I only changed the behavior of Fran, so why does this change the Anu/Octavio death while taking exactly the same choices with these two characters ?

20 minutes ago, Billie_691 said:

Não faz o menor sentido.

Até agora, na minha primeira jogada, consegui o final neutro. A pontuação do skate foi algo em torno de 70%. As três relações não eram equilibradas. Algo como 70%, 65% e 40%. Assim, um relacionamento foi claramente menor do que o resto.

Depois disso consegui o melhor final, elevando a pontuação do skate para 82%. Levei duas tentativas, a primeira não foi boa o suficiente.

Depois disso fui para os finais ruins, sem sucesso. Sempre saiu com o final neutro ou bom.

Então comecei a reduzir massivamente a pontuação do skate. A Fran ficou com raiva, Anu e Octavio egoístas. Anu fundiu-se com o cristal, matou Fran, reviveu-a, a nave caiu, Anu morreu.

Repetiu o episódio 5 capítulo 4 e foi mais amigável com Fran, as mesmas opções com Anu e Octavio. Aconteceu exatamente da mesma maneira, mas Octavio morreu no acidente, o que não faz sentido para mim. Eu só mudei o comportamento de Fran, então por que isso muda a morte de Anu/Octavio enquanto faz exatamente as mesmas escolhas com esses dois personagens ?

Now you've discouraged me from trying again. What if the percentage has no relationship, but certain choices?

Trying to kill Octavio by being selfish and saying no when Anu asks for the Eridium. Did it with two different saves:

72% Skateboard -> Neutral Ending

33% Skateboard -> Fran Died

I don’t think there’s an easy way to set-up the endings in the last chapter to guarantee deaths

Edited by Doc_Bodes

11 minutes ago, Doc_Bodes said:

Tentando matar Octavio sendo egoísta e dizendo não quando Anu pede o Eridium. Fiz isso com dois saves diferentes:

72% Skate -> Final Neutro

33% Skate -> Fran morreu

Eu não acho que haja uma maneira fácil de configurar os finais no último capítulo para garantir mortes

For Ock to die it's good to play all of Chapter 5 again:

- Shoot yourself in the cell.
- Ask the guards for a compliment when you have Brock.
- Push LOU13 into Tediore's guard.
- Play with the voice in the Echodex, when Tediore's guard is closing the door.
- Choose nasty answers for Anu during the fight that anticipates the loss of LOU13.
- I make the end by separating from the fragment, and in it make Ock say "no" to Eridium.

If that doesn't work, try merging with the shard and choosing to embrace Anu. And if it doesn't work again, try choosing the fragment at the end.

One of those worked for me, I really just don't remember which one it was, lol.

• Like 4