Don't even bother trying for MP trophies legit, you will regret it

2 hours ago, Xillynoc said:

No, I'm gonna stick to that opinion. In its attempt to emulate Uncharted rather than actual previous Tomb Raider titles, Tomb Raider 2013 ends up being Shock Value: The Game at the expense of literally anything else. With a meandering story, one-note stereotypical characters, dull gameplay and nary any actual tombs to raid, what you're left with is shit constantly blowing up or falling apart around Lara at the drop of a hat or the slightest interaction from her if she's not just dying in some overly gruesome way during the hundreds of instant-kill moments and areas scattered throughout the game and exacerbated by the poor traversal and platforming controls. It's a doable platinum - not a Wolfenstein II situation by any means - but it is not a satisfying one. The only good entry in this godforsaken trilogy is Rise, and even then it's just good, not great.

Emulate Uncharted? Because it has action and is an adventure game? Uncharted isn’t an original idea of a game to begin with… And if someone took inspiration from one another it was definitely Uncharted way before it was the other way around.

Your point about there being no tombs is just plain wrong. Tombs and ruins are very much at the center of the story in all 3 of the games and they all have plenty of optional tombs. The environments outside the tombs are gorgeous and they differ from each other very well with different predators in each of them. The games shouldn’t have variety with different environments to explore? You just want tombs and nothing else?

Poor traversal? The gameplay is very smooth I didn’t have any problems with the traversal so not sure what exactly you’re referring to. Dull gameplay in what way? It has great exploration, action sequences and rewarding upgrades.

The only point you make that I agree with is the characters. They are all very forgettable and stereotypical with the exception of Lara but I don’t mind it too much since I don’t really play these types of games for an amazing story or deep characters. But the story in the all the 3 games are fine, it does the job and hit the most important point which is uncovering mysteries.

To me Tomb Raider should be a mix of puzzles, exploration, survival, action and a story about uncovering mysteries in different environments. This trilogy hits all those points and does it in a very good way.

The fact that you despise the trilogy but decided to 100% every game is just hilarious in itself 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 11:04 PM, Rawzix said:

The fact that you despise the trilogy but decided to 100% every game is just hilarious in itself 

I gave each game an honest try in the hopes of it being good, and only Rise came close to meeting those expectations - the other two I persisted on 100%ing purely out of spite at the idea of them beating me instead of the other way around and so I didn't just waste my money. If you're trying to humiliate me for having rare 100%s...that's not gonna work, buddy. All it really proves is that I earned my negative stance by suffering through the entirety of all three games instead of, say, copying my opinion from some right-wing Youtuber.

And the traversal does suck! Half the time, even when done with correct timing, Lara will just leap into the ocean or the bottomless pit or whatever instead of to the next grappling point or ledge because the targeting system is so imprecise! The games are not built for precision platforming, yet they ask you to do it anyway! Again, only Rise is tolerable here because it made the correct decision to do away with the majority of the instant-death moments in the platforming gameplay. Speaking of which, the gameplay is indeed shite - maybe the dullest and most frustrating 3rd-person shooters I've played in years, particularly in Shadow with the no-respawning-enemies attribute making all those combat trophies insanely missable.

Read what I said, Tomb Raider 2013 specifically has no real tombs to raid, just optional areas to explore that are called tombs (with Lara herself even making the inane remark of "I hate tombs!" during one of them) compared to the two sequels at least providing areas that live up to the connotation of a tomb and the designs of the previous games.

And finally, no, Tomb Raider 2013 is an Uncharted clone. Compare it to that series (explosive action setpieces bridged by platforming, protagonist ending up stranded from civilization in search of a lost treasure, gritty and realistic story/physics, killing lots of minorities) and notice how the previous Tomb Raider games don't have that shit! It's very clearly riding on the coattails of Uncharted in the same way Dante's Inferno did God of War, and it's absolutely pathetic in doing so. The only note of "originality" from Uncharted comes in Shadow...where the story is a legitimate, honest-to-god white savior narrative in the year of our lord 2018. Unforgivable. Nothing and no one can make me like these games (or in the case of Rise, love it rather than tolerate it), and my sincere hope is that the next game apparently in development is a complete 180 back to the roots of the franchise, abandoning everything about the reboot.

• Like 2

On 2023-01-14 at 10:02 AM, Xillynoc said:

I gave each game an honest try in the hopes of it being good, and only Rise came close to meeting those expectations - the other two I persisted on 100%ing purely out of spite at the idea of them beating me instead of the other way around and so I didn't just waste my money. If you're trying to humiliate me for having rare 100%s...that's not gonna work, buddy. All it really proves is that I earned my negative stance by suffering through the entirety of all three games instead of, say, copying my opinion from some right-wing Youtuber.

And the traversal does suck! Half the time, even when done with correct timing, Lara will just leap into the ocean or the bottomless pit or whatever instead of to the next grappling point or ledge because the targeting system is so imprecise! The games are not built for precision platforming, yet they ask you to do it anyway! Again, only Rise is tolerable here because it made the correct decision to do away with the majority of the instant-death moments in the platforming gameplay. Speaking of which, the gameplay is indeed shite - maybe the dullest and most frustrating 3rd-person shooters I've played in years, particularly in Shadow with the no-respawning-enemies attribute making all those combat trophies insanely missable.

Read what I said, Tomb Raider 2013 specifically has no real tombs to raid, just optional areas to explore that are called tombs (with Lara herself even making the inane remark of "I hate tombs!" during one of them) compared to the two sequels at least providing areas that live up to the connotation of a tomb and the designs of the previous games.

And finally, no, Tomb Raider 2013 is an Uncharted clone. Compare it to that series (explosive action setpieces bridged by platforming, protagonist ending up stranded from civilization in search of a lost treasure, gritty and realistic story/physics, killing lots of minorities) and notice how the previous Tomb Raider games don't have that shit! It's very clearly riding on the coattails of Uncharted in the same way Dante's Inferno did God of War, and it's absolutely pathetic in doing so. The only note of "originality" from Uncharted comes in Shadow...where the story is a legitimate, honest-to-god white savior narrative in the year of our lord 2018. Unforgivable. Nothing and no one can make me like these games (or in the case of Rise, love it rather than tolerate it), and my sincere hope is that the next game apparently in development is a complete 180 back to the roots of the franchise, abandoning everything about the reboot.

Nah just pointing out the fact that you decided to go for the 100% in these games that in your words have the dullest and most frustrating gameplay while abandoning games such as Bloodborne and the Middle Earth games.

I’ll see you at the release of the next game that I guarantee you’ll hate (but still play).

11 hours ago, Rawzix said:

Nah just pointing out the fact that you decided to go for the 100% in these games that in your words have the dullest and most frustrating gameplay while abandoning games such as Bloodborne and the Middle Earth games.

I’ll see you at the release of the next game that I guarantee you’ll hate (but still play).

I assure you that I haven't abandoned either of those games, I just prefer to structure my plats in a specific order - Bloodborne will be part of a binge of all 7 mainline Souls games, same with both Middle-Earth games.

And as stated before, I don't play games expecting or wanting to hate them - I try and give everything an honest chance, but if they disappoint me that's their own damn fault. Simple as.

• Like 2