*Patched* You can get the "Going Dark" trophy solo if your partner leaves

2 minutes ago, Cruscah said:

They don't even have to leave, after doing all the objectives both players get themselves killed, the trophy will pop right after retrying.

Yeah i get that.  If you have a boosting partner that works great.  Im just putting this out there for people who dont want to wait for partner or maybe just want to play alone

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 1:41 AM, xTaterNutsx said:

You can just go loud the whole time as well.  I had multiple alarms go off.   Start with C ( because the Juggernaut here can make this a pain), then B and end with A. Take your time and clear out the enemies. Theres checkpoints after each objective and you can retry infinite times.  After you finish A kill yourself and the trophy pops

You made my life so much easier, thank you haha. 

• Like 1

On 28/10/2022 at 8:41 AM, xTaterNutsx said:

You can just go loud the whole time as well.  I had multiple alarms go off.   Start with C ( because the Juggernaut here can make this a pain), then B and end with A. Take your time and clear out the enemies. Theres checkpoints after each objective and you can retry infinite times.  After you finish A kill yourself and the trophy pops

I can confirm that this method is working on ps5 ?

I recommend to do this before they'll patch it !

Edited by raphi_boss67

Yup, this trophy is absolutely glitched. I got it to pop after 20 mins in my first spec ops game, blasting up the place with someone else, alarms everywhere, constantly dying and reviving eachother. Once we finished the third objective and we went to the exfill I killed myself and the other player just died in a gunfight. Both hit retry and it popped.

16 hours ago, Spraragen88 said:

I'm so daft. So we can go in guns blazing, get the parts from A,B and C and die - select Retry and it will spawn with the trophy? Do we just need to die anytime between collecting the last piece and Exfil to click retry?

that is right mate once you get all 3 parts kill yourself and select retry . 

Still works on Version 1.008.000

16 hours ago, Spraragen88 said:

I'm so daft. So we can go in guns blazing, get the parts from A,B and C and die - select Retry and it will spawn with the trophy? Do we just need to die anytime between collecting the last piece and Exfil to click retry?

Correct. The Spec Ops mechanic of being able to 'respawn' gives a weird twist to the game. With MW2019, dying means game over. With this version, dying means respawn after the first completed objective, with the advantage(?) that the chaos/enemies/alarms are also reset. So for 'Going Dark', doing the first 3 objectives, die and push 'retry' apparently the game thinks you've finished the first 3 without a scratch...I think? Whatever, it seems to work.

• Like 1

Did this today and it’s working just fine on PS5. If only there was a simple way to do Kings of the Mountain. I keep getting paired with idiots that continually hit restart in the starting area. It’s happened three times in the last couple of hours! What do they hope to achieve? 

1 hour ago, GAZDAN said:

Did this today and it’s working just fine on PS5. If only there was a simple way to do Kings of the Mountain. I keep getting paired with idiots that continually hit restart in the starting area. It’s happened three times in the last couple of hours! What do they hope to achieve? 

Yeah I've had this, or people just sitting at the observtory I just don't understand, it's super annoying. They only started moving after I got downed in Wave 2.

16 hours ago, wardragon989 said:

Yeah I've had this, or people just sitting at the observtory I just don't understand, it's super annoying. They only started moving after I got downed in Wave 2.

I didn’t even get that far, every time I moved, they’d hit restart mission. 

EDIT: 2nd game in today and it’s already started. How can one person be allowed to restart for both people? This is fucking stupidly annoying.

Edited by GAZDAN

Thanks, glitch still works. I did this with a random. After completing all areas, we hopped into an armored vehicle and I drove him to the extract and then drove out of the mission zone and got us both killed. We both restarted and got the trophy.

Edited by shade-BD

On 05/11/2022 at 8:53 PM, GAZDAN said:

I didn’t even get that far, every time I moved, they’d hit restart mission. 

EDIT: 2nd game in today and it’s already started. How can one person be allowed to restart for both people? This is fucking stupidly annoying.

Yeah it’s idiots trying to get you to leave so they can just afk weapon levels. Sucks big time when trying to get that trophy 

• Like 2