*Patched* You can get the "Going Dark" trophy solo if your partner leaves

On 16/11/2022 at 1:30 PM, MilanYildirim said:

Can anyone confirm if latest patch fixed that or not? 

It seems that the trophy is currently buggy and impossible to unlock even without this glitch.

EDIT: I just contacted a guy who got the trophy early this morning. You need to complete the mission without triggering any alarm and you can't die/retry between the objectives. Then yes, it got patched. 

Edited by nathan23drake
Add info
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, nathan23drake said:

It seems that the trophy is currently buggy and impossible to unlock even without this glitch.

EDIT: I just contacted a guy who got the trophy early this morning. You need to complete the mission without triggering any alarm and you can't die/retry between the objectives. Then yes, it got patched. 

Thanks i edited topic

8 hours ago, nathan23drake said:

Does that mean you can get hit and still do the run if no alarm has been triggered?

Got the trophy 2 mins ago can confirm the glitch still works but abit differently, all you have to do is secure the objectives without any alarms start with a b then c because c is the hardest, once you secure the objective in c kill yourself or let the guards kill you before the alarm goes off, hit retry and you get the trophy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ryuzaki_22194 said:

Got the trophy 2 mins ago can confirm the glitch still works but abit differently, all you have to do is secure the objectives without any alarms start with a b then c because c is the hardest, once you secure the objective in c kill yourself or let the guards kill you before the alarm goes off, hit retry and you get the trophy

Yeah, I can confirm that. Just secure a target without setting off the alarm and kill yourself immediately with a grenade. After respawning, all enemies in the target area are gone and you can move on to the next one. 

Edited by xDaniel0601

I was trying this last night. Each objective was secured without alarms and I downed myself after each checkpoint. Trophy didn't pop after the 3rd or when I reached the exfil undetected.

What I was wondering is, Does an alarm also mean when a AI discovers a body but is killed quickly? Only thing i can think of as to why my trophy didn't pop or maybe it needs to be a single run through now without retries.

20 minutes ago, kumo_mick said:

I was trying this last night. Each objective was secured without alarms and I downed myself after each checkpoint. Trophy didn't pop after the 3rd or when I reached the exfil undetected.

What I was wondering is, Does an alarm also mean when a AI discovers a body but is killed quickly? Only thing i can think of as to why my trophy didn't pop or maybe it needs to be a single run through now without retries.

Killing yourself after each checkpoint doesn't work anymore you must secure all objectives without alarms and without dying then kill yourself and hit retry you will get the trophy immediately even without exfil, the alarm sound is very distinct if you wear headset and no it doesnt go off if a guard sees a dead body but if his buddy is shot in front of him the alarm goes off even if he doesn't see you.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kumo_mick said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I would say the alarm is recognized by the sirens that go off after your discovery. I was even shot by the guards and it still counted but as long as the alarm is not heard it should work.

29 minutes ago, Ryuzaki_22194 said:

Killing yourself after each checkpoint doesn't work anymore you must secure all objectives without alarms and without dying then kill yourself and hit retry you will get the trophy immediately even without exfil, the alarm sound is very distinct if you wear headset and no it doesnt go off if a guard sees a dead body but if his buddy is shot in front of him the alarm goes off even if he doesn't see you.

Thanks for clearing that up. I figured that would be the case.

Just got this trophy. Best strategy is objective C, A then B last. Keep restarting until the objective is in the right side building with the AI on the roof. It's much easier then the other building which I think is impossible. Then on to A which is easy enough. The reason B is last is you can enter through the skylight after killing the AI and the trophy will pop as soon as you collect the objective which is always on the second floor. It's nearly impossible to kill the last 4 AI on the bottom floor without setting off the alarm. I did this solo as I couldn't find a willing partner. (sorry to all that I went AFK on to get you to leave). Keep in mind this has to be done in 1 run with no retries since the patch. Not sure if this will change in the future. The inability to lure enemies or hide bodies makes this a pretty crappy trophy at the moment. Good Luck!!!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, xDaniel0601 said:

Yeah, I can confirm that. Just secure a target without setting off the alarm and kill yourself immediately with a grenade. After respawning, all enemies in the target area are gone and you can move on to the next one. 

This works current patch? I thought any action causing a checkpoint restart voided the trophy?

it seems harder to leave sites undetected than sneaking in so I hope this is true. 

Edited by BestUsername----

On 18.11.2022 at 10:48 PM, Ryuzaki_22194 said:

C is definitely not the hardest. You can land on the very top of the tower with the flashing lights, as soon as you exit the plane and take everybody out(except the juggernaut, just sneak past him). Luckily nobody can spot you from up there. A is undoubtedly the hardest because guards rarely leave their post within the buildings.

On 19.11.2022 at 7:15 AM, kumo_mick said:

Just got this trophy. Best strategy is objective C, A then B last. Keep restarting until the objective is in the right side building with the AI on the roof. It's much easier then the other building which I think is impossible. Then on to A which is easy enough. The reason B is last is you can enter through the skylight after killing the AI and the trophy will pop as soon as you collect the objective which is always on the second floor. It's nearly impossible to kill the last 4 AI on the bottom floor without setting off the alarm. I did this solo as I couldn't find a willing partner. (sorry to all that I went AFK on to get you to leave). Keep in mind this has to be done in 1 run with no retries since the patch. Not sure if this will change in the future. The inability to lure enemies or hide bodies makes this a pretty crappy trophy at the moment. Good Luck!!!!

Do you mind explaining how you did objective A? I can't get enemies to leave the building so i can snipe them. And as soon i enter the building, i get spotted by one guard and he immediately alerts everyone else.

4 hours ago, MikeLove_NotWar said:

C is definitely not the hardest. You can land on the very top of the tower with the flashing lights, as soon as you exit the plane and take everybody out(except the juggernaut, just sneak past him). Luckily nobody can spot you from up there. A is undoubtedly the hardest because guards rarely leave their post within the buildings.

Do you mind explaining how you did objective A? I can't get enemies to leave the building so i can snipe them. And as soon i enter the building, i get spotted by one guard and he immediately alerts everyone else.

Best strategy for A. Start on the water tower taking out the 3 on the roof. Wait a moment to see if 2 guys walk in the lower door. if they do kill them then the other 2 you can see standing out side. Parachute to the opposite side onto the bridge and run down opposite the building. There is a small ledge you can jump up onto so you can watch the second floor door. If you didn't kill the 2 ground floor guys as they walked in then you'll get anywhere up to 6 guys come out the second floor door. kill them as they head for the stairs to go up to the roof. You'll be left with 1 or 2 guys inside who will more than likely be in separate rooms.

• Like 2

Unfortunately with the latest patch. In order to get the trophy it has to be done in a single run, meaning no deaths nor retries. If an alarm sounded or death occurred, you will have to restart the mission. Trophy should pop when picking up last one, if the trophy doesn’t pop it means an alarm has sounded and you might missed it. Not glitched nor bugged. They made it more challenging but doable with stealthy and strategic options. Good luck 

edit: guide needs updating because that exploit has been patched. 

Edited by ZEE11W
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Having trouble with this one. 

Read many things about it where you need to do all 3 pickups then down yourself / retry and the trophy will pop. Is that still the case (Dec 21st)?

Did a few runs yesterday and didn’t hear a single alarm. When is the alarm/s triggered?

When they see you and start shooting at you? 

When they see a dead body? 

Had many instances where we snipe them from such a distance they had no idea of our location yet we were close enough to these areas to surely hear the alarm had they gone off. 

The enemy did end up seeing their dead friends .. do we need to take them out without them seeing their friends which I assume stops them running around? 

This was c in particular.

Trophy should pop as soon as you've picked up the third objective and didn't raise any alarms. No need to exfill or die. 

Guards can spot dead friends but are not allowed to shoot at you. If they do and another guard hears this the alarm will trigger. If you're spotted they will shoot you from far away. Being shot at is almost certain 100% failure (unless it's the last guard alive) and you should back out and restart the whole mission. 

• Like 1

Just did it yesterday with a friend and we both got the trophy at the same time. We were spotted by some ennemies but didn't got any alarm ringing. Also it was first try, no die or restart from checkpoint. Also, we were using the Recon class to have the perk to see ennemies trought walls.

At start, we posted ourself on top of the big electric tower with red lights at C and killed everyone including the Juggernaut (~23 sniper bullets in the head). After everyone was Dead, we went to pickup the target.

Next, direction A. I posted myself on top of the radio tower North of the main building and my friend on the roof of the building. He was luring the ennemies out while I shoot them as soon as I saw them. At this point, some ennemis shoot at us, but no alarm. After all clear, same thing, we pick the target and fly to B.

At B, we arrived from the South directly where the ladder to the roof was, we got up and shoot the 2 guards right where the roof window is. Some ennemies came to see what happened and we shooted them as soon as they entered the room. When the second floor was cleared, we entered and rushed to pick the target and we got the trophy instantly.

Also, after that I went on a friend's account, we did exactly the same thing and got the trophy.

• Like 1

Just grabbed all the devices twice with a partner without hearing an alarm and still did not get it. We are both 100% certain we did not hear an alarm go off.  On the first attempt, we died shortly after grabbing the third objective at B. On the second attempt, we even managed to successfully exfil without raising an alarm.  We were spotted of course and did a lot of shooting from the tower in the center, but again no alarm went off. I'm inclied to think that it's actually bugged.

Edited by JingjangSotona

26 minutes ago, JingjangSotona said:

Just grabbed all the devices twice with a partner without hearing an alarm and still did not get it. We are both 100% certain we did not hear an alarm go off.  On the first attempt, we died shortly after grabbing the third objective at B. On the second attempt, we even managed to successfully exfil without raising an alarm.  We were spotted of course and did a lot of shooting from the tower in the center, but again no alarm went off. I'm inclied to think that it's actually bugged.

Each run should be from the main menu. You can’t fail and restart mission because even if you will finish without alarm trophy will not pop

13 hours ago, JingjangSotona said:

I've done it 3 times now solo with no alarms going off and it's still not popped.