Fishing grind recommendations?

SamNickzx

I’ve not played for long yet, but the only place I’ve caught anything other than fish is the beach. Maybe fish in the ponds and rivers instead so you’re guaranteed a catch. I have the opposite problem I need seaweed and keep catching fish! Such a grindy game but im really enjoying it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

I’ve not played for long yet, but the only place I’ve caught anything other than fish is the beach. Maybe fish in the ponds and rivers instead so you’re guaranteed a catch. I have the opposite problem I need seaweed and keep catching fish! Such a grindy game but im really enjoying it!

It seems that even in the ponds and rivers in all the biomes you still catch seaweed, I just wondered if anyone had found a lucky spot which only gives fish! Enjoy the grind :)

Ah I’ve not found any seaweed in the ponds or rivers yet. Yesterday I was fishing at the beach for seaweed, not in the designated fishing spots with the bubbling circles and I would catch 1 seaweed then 7 fish in a row. Moved somewhere else and the same thing would happen. I was just at the beachfront. I only wanted seaweed and kept getting fish ?

On 10/28/2022 at 8:54 AM, tonkie18 said:

Ah I’ve not found any seaweed in the ponds or rivers yet. Yesterday I was fishing at the beach for seaweed, not in the designated fishing spots with the bubbling circles and I would catch 1 seaweed then 7 fish in a row. Moved somewhere else and the same thing would happen. I was just at the beachfront. I only wanted seaweed and kept getting fish 1f615.png

Is this game good?

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Is this game good?

I love it but I’m a huge disney fan. But even if you’re not it’s just a nice chill game. It’s a bit of a grind and the plat isn’t obtainable at the moment as they’ll be adding more content. But the grind is pleasant and time just passes on the game so effortlessly. I can definitely recommend it for you or your girlfriend ☺️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

I love it but I’m a huge disney fan. But even if you’re not it’s just a nice chill game. It’s a bit of a grind and the plat isn’t obtainable at the moment as they’ll be adding more content. But the grind is pleasant and time just passes on the game so effortlessly. I can definitely recommend it for you or your girlfriend 263a.png

I been eyeballing it hoping it's not a glorified mobile game with pay to progress after a point

No it isn’t. You don’t have to spend any money you can earn everything on the game with in game currency as far as I’m aware. By the time all the other characters come out you’ll have enough saved up to buy them. I’ve unlocked all characters now and biomes so just saving all my Dreamlight for new updates. 

• Like 2

On 11/1/2022 at 2:36 AM, tonkie18 said:

No it isn’t. You don’t have to spend any money you can earn everything on the game with in game currency as far as I’m aware. By the time all the other characters come out you’ll have enough saved up to buy them. I’ve unlocked all characters now and biomes so just saving all my Dreamlight for new updates. 

I got it the other day started it earlier so far I'm having fun lol for once I kinda hope for some laid back dlc trophies nothing hard just more than 16 trophies lol especially if this is going to be an ongoing type thing

• Like 2

@Taliesin_2943 yeah it’s awesome I love it. I tell myself I’ll just go on to do a few bits but end up spending hours on it ? I’ve now got so much money and not many dreamlight tasks left so hoping they add a lot more content.

It’s not a game where I’m rushing the trophies either, so it will be nice for them to unlock naturally. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...