No longer able to log into PSN on PS3

kmosesltd

16 minutes ago, kmosesltd said:

I have exactly 29 friends on my PSN.

I have my time and date set to not be automatic because right now the DST is incorrect because where I live we have DST starting later than what the PS3 thinks (poor programing I guess)

My timezone is EST in Ontario, Canada

29 friends should be fine so yeah not related I guess.

The thing is, PS3 doesn't have programming to automatically change the time for DST. You have to manually set whether DST is in effect or not, so the fact that the time changes back an hour when you attempt to log in (when you have the machine to check for time automatically) is bizarre. Would be curious to hear if others experience the same thing. Like I said in my previous post though, having the incorrect time shouldn't really affect logging in so it may not be related to the issue at all.

24 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

29 friends should be fine so yeah not related I guess.

The thing is, PS3 doesn't have programming to automatically change the time for DST. You have to manually set whether DST is in effect or not, so the fact that the time changes back an hour when you attempt to log in (when you have the machine to check for time automatically) is bizarre. Would be curious to hear if others experience the same thing. Like I said in my previous post though, having the incorrect time shouldn't really affect logging in so it may not be related to the issue at all.

Once I turned off the "Automatically set time" feature it stopped setting my time back an hour. 

47 minutes ago, kmosesltd said:

Once I turned off the "Automatically set time" feature it stopped setting my time back an hour. 

Which makes sense. What I'm saying is, even when you have it set to 'On', your time should not be changing when you attempt to log in because the PS3 doesn't detect or change your DST setting automatically (it's a manual setting you have to either turn on or off in the date/time settings). Your time going back an hour by itself is odd so I'm curious if this is just isolated to you or if others who are getting the same error message experience something similar.

Only other thing I can think to try is deactivating/reactivating your PS3 or checking to see how many PS3s you have activated on your account from https://playstation.com/acct/management/ I wonder if maybe it has something to do with having too many PS3s tied to your account but again, I don't think this would necessarily stop you from logging in. Grasping at straws at this point lol

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 9:06 PM, TheRedMaverick said:

Which makes sense. What I'm saying is, even when you have it set to 'On', your time should not be changing when you attempt to log in because the PS3 doesn't detect or change your DST setting automatically (it's a manual setting you have to either turn on or off in the date/time settings). Your time going back an hour by itself is odd so I'm curious if this is just isolated to you or if others who are getting the same error message experience something similar.

Only other thing I can think to try is deactivating/reactivating your PS3 or checking to see how many PS3s you have activated on your account from https://playstation.com/acct/management/ I wonder if maybe it has something to do with having too many PS3s tied to your account but again, I don't think this would necessarily stop you from logging in. Grasping at straws at this point lol

The only thing I haven't tried is deactivating my PS3 from my account... when I go to the Playstation account management from the link you sent the only option I have is to deactivate ALL my devices and I'm hesitant to do that. 

I did try playing around with the daylights savings option and the set time automatically and it still wasn't working when I tried logging in. 

This is incredibly frustrating. 

• Like 1

Hello,

Lately, it seems that the two step verification must be enabled to log into your PS3

I had the problem with my PS3 and Vita at the beginning of the year after using another Internet network. When I came back to my usual network, I could not log in.

For both my PS3 and Vita the solution was:

- Click on you avatar top right

- Account setting

- Security (will bring you to another page, just click "OK")

- Activate the two step verification if it is not

- Emergency codes (not sure about the English terms but it is just below the Two step verification state)

- Use one of those codes to log into your PS3 with your usual ID/email address.

Hope it will work for you. Let me know.

41 minutes ago, FebuKev said:

Hello,

Lately, it seems that the two step verification must be enabled to log into your PS3

I had the problem with my PS3 and Vita at the beginning of the year after using another Internet network. When I came back to my usual network, I could not log in.

- Account setting

- Emergency codes (not sure about the English terms but it is just below the Two step verification state)

Not worked to me. :(

4 hours ago, FebuKev said:

Hello,

- Account setting

Didn't work for me either... and I think by emergency codes I think you mean either backup codes for the two step verification or the device setup password... the backup codes are only for activating the devices and logging into your account should you not have your two step verification device available. 

I'm going to try one more thing later tonight. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kmosesltd said:

The only thing I haven't tried is deactivating my PS3 from my account... when I go to the Playstation account management from the link you sent the only option I have is to deactivate ALL my devices and I'm hesitant to do that. 

I did try playing around with the daylights savings option and the set time automatically and it still wasn't working when I tried logging in. 

This is incredibly frustrating. 

Can you account for all the devices that you see listed? I would say if you get desperate, you can give it a try (maybe make it your last resort since it may not even fix the problem). One potential problem you might run into by doing this is if you have more than 2 PS3s currently associated to your account. Before, you could associate more than 2 PS3s to your account (I think the limit was 5 PS3s) and they reduced this number from 5 to 2 some years ago. If you deactivate your consoles, this means afterwards you'll only be able to associate 2 PS3s at a time. If you currently only have 1 or 2 PS3s, then it doesn't really matter or make a difference, otherwise then I could see why you might be hesitant to pull the trigger.

It's a lame situation indeed and I hope you can somehow get past this...I know I would be annoyed in your shoes and it is weird that not everyone is experiencing this so I'm hoping there is some solution.

• Like 1

I read the whole conversation, and sheesh... what a weird issue. In Europe we also switch to daylight savings time (or rather flip to standard winter time), but I never encountered this problem afterwards. Why? I guess it was totaly my dumb luck. I knew the day for all those ,,less-intelligent'' devices is coming, so before turning off the console I changed the time on the console the day BEFORE (one hour earlier than the current time), so to save myself a trouble of doing this the next day. Damn.... just pure luck.

I restarted my Playstation 3 about 3 weeks ago, after standing still for about a year. When it started up, I got a message that there was a new firmware update so I downloaded and installed it.

When everything was installed I could no longer log in and I got another message, I seem to remember that it also had to do with the 2-step authentication but I had the option to check whether I wanted to activate that, and once I did I could just log back in without any problems. 

On a sidenote: now when I play a game on my Playstation 3 I sometimes get logged out, out of the blue. Then I have to log back in manually. But that also happened to me before the new firmware update.

8 hours ago, kmosesltd said:

I had a similar issue a fee months ago, I had sold my PS3 years ago, but was visiting a friend and wanted to log into my account on her PS3, and it wouldn't let me log in. I called Sony Australia for help, and they were able to go in and remove/deactive my old PS3 that I no longer owned (without deactiviting my PS4, PS5 or PS Vita consoles). After that, I was able to log into my friend's PS3 without any issues.

If you don't want to risk deactivating ALL of your devices via the online account management, then it might be worth calling Sony or Playstation Support in your country, and just ask them to only deactive the PS3's on your account, while leaving your other consoles active.

It worked for me. Good luck!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kmosesltd said:

Didn't work for me either... and I think by emergency codes I think you mean either backup codes for the two step verification or the device setup password... the backup codes are only for activating the devices and logging into your account should you not have your two step verification device available. 

I'm going to try one more thing later tonight. 

Well, anything works?

On 2/11/2022 at 8:58 AM, kmosesltd said:

I have done this in multiple occasions and I´ve never encountered issues. I´ve being able to log back in every device, that being  2 PS3, a PS VITA and 3 PS4 without problem. If you're hard stuck with your issue, I can't imagine doing this making it worse. As far as I know PS4 and PS5 servers are working fine

22 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Can you account for all the devices that you see listed? I would say if you get desperate, you can give it a try (maybe make it your last resort since it may not even fix the problem). One potential problem you might run into by doing this is if you have more than 2 PS3s currently associated to your account. Before, you could associate more than 2 PS3s to your account (I think the limit was 5 PS3s) and they reduced this number from 5 to 2 some years ago. If you deactivate your consoles, this means afterwards you'll only be able to associate 2 PS3s at a time. If you currently only have 1 or 2 PS3s, then it doesn't really matter or make a difference, otherwise then I could see why you might be hesitant to pull the trigger.

It's a lame situation indeed and I hope you can somehow get past this...I know I would be annoyed in your shoes and it is weird that not everyone is experiencing this so I'm hoping there is some solution.

I can account for all the devices listed on my account, I only have one PS3 and one PS5... Both are activated but I think I'll deactive both after I'm done work and see what happens. 

18 hours ago, GuigaBlack93 said:

Well, anything works?

Nothing works? haha

21 hours ago, Lorabella said:

I had a similar issue a fee months ago, I had sold my PS3 years ago, but was visiting a friend and wanted to log into my account on her PS3, and it wouldn't let me log in. I called Sony Australia for help, and they were able to go in and remove/deactive my old PS3 that I no longer owned (without deactiviting my PS4, PS5 or PS Vita consoles). After that, I was able to log into my friend's PS3 without any issues.

If you don't want to risk deactivating ALL of your devices via the online account management, then it might be worth calling Sony or Playstation Support in your country, and just ask them to only deactive the PS3's on your account, while leaving your other consoles active.

It worked for me. Good luck!

I could try that or I'll just deactivate all of them and reactivate them ... I think for me I'll be comfortable doing all or nothing.

1 hour ago, kmosesltd said:

I can account for all the devices listed on my account, I only have one PS3 and one PS5... Both are activated but I think I'll deactive both after I'm done work and see what happens. 

Nothing works? haha

I could try that or I'll just deactivate all of them and reactivate them ... I think for me I'll be comfortable doing all or nothing.

Yeah with only 1 PS3 there's 0 risk to doing this. You'll get a notice saying that you can only deactivate your devices this way once every 6 months, but that doesn't really matter in your scenario since you'll be immediately activating them again. I hope this works for you...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 5:38 PM, TheRedMaverick said:

Yeah with only 1 PS3 there's 0 risk to doing this. You'll get a notice saying that you can only deactivate your devices this way once every 6 months, but that doesn't really matter in your scenario since you'll be immediately activating them again. I hope this works for you...

So I finally tried deactivating and reactivating my PS3... I can reactivate my PS5 but I can't reactivate my PS3 because it requires me to log into my PSN on my PS3. And guess what... I still can't log in ... 

... I guess I now have a paperweight now... 

3 hours ago, kmosesltd said:

So I finally tried deactivating and reactivating my PS3... I can reactivate my PS5 but I can't reactivate my PS3 because it requires me to log into my PSN on my PS3. And guess what... I still can't log in ... 

... I guess I now have a paperweight now... 

Did you try generating a new device password for the PS3 after deactivating?

Change your system clock back to automatic/sync through internet and change your daylight savings setting now to disabled since DST ended. Does the clock still go back an hour when you attempt to log in?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Did you try generating a new device password for the PS3 after deactivating?

Change your system clock back to automatic/sync through internet and change your daylight savings setting now to disabled since DST ended. Does the clock still go back an hour when you attempt to log in?

I've done all of that. I've revoke the new device password, I have tried turning the automatic clock setting on and off, I've tried Wireless and wired internet, I've tried deactivating the PS3, I've tried logging into a different network altogether (I drove 4 hours to do this one), I tried logging into a different PS3, I've tried everything I can think of and that's been suggested. 

14 minutes ago, kmosesltd said:

I tried logging into a different PS3, I've tried everything I can think of and that's been suggested. 

Have you called Sony's support hotline? Or used the support chat? If not, why? Why do so many people ask other users for help even if that's quite obviously something that only the support can fix?

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/support/?smcid=pdc%3Aen-ca%3Aprimary nav%3Amsg-support%3Asupport

2 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Have you called Sony's support hotline? Or used the support chat? If not, why? Why do so many people ask other users for help even if that's quite obviously something that only the support can fix?

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/support/?smcid=pdc%3Aen-ca%3Aprimary nav%3Amsg-support%3Asupport

Maybe because support is absolutely terrible and they are closed weekends anyway. 

• Like 2

On 2.11.2022 at 11:32 PM, Cellcrash1991 said:

On a sidenote: now when I play a game on my Playstation 3 I sometimes get logged out, out of the blue. Then I have to log back in manually. But that also happened to me before the new firmware update.

This has been an issue since the dawn of PSN. Nothing unusual.

Edited by El Duderino

5 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

This thread was opened two weeks ago.

I've been on PSN for over 14 years, created over 180 accounts (and am still managing 161 of them), corresponded with Sony countless times. Guess what? Everything could be resolved. Even issues that normally cannot be resolved. From my experience, stuff like this usually always happens because the user does something wrong.

Lol errm ok. 

28 minutes ago, kmosesltd said:

I've done all of that. I've revoke the new device password, I have tried turning the automatic clock setting on and off, I've tried Wireless and wired internet, I've tried deactivating the PS3, I've tried logging into a different network altogether (I drove 4 hours to do this one), I tried logging into a different PS3, I've tried everything I can think of and that's been suggested. 

The only thing you should need to have activated is 2step. If i was you i would revoke device password, turn off 2step, then change email and password, basically start fresh. If you don't want to change email at least do a password reset. 

3 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

And you thought this was a useful comment? I've already removed this section from my post. Be quicker next time.

Why do i need a useful reply to you? And if you had bothered to read the OP you would see they already tried contacting Sony.... 

Oh, and just because I already made that exact mistake:
When creating a new device password on playstation.com, make sure to log in with said password before closing the page. Otherwise the password will become invalid immeditately. I had some issues with this when Sony made device passwords a requirement.

4 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Why do i need a useful reply to you? And if you had bothered to read the OP you would see they already tried contacting Sony.... 

That's why I removed... ah, fuck me... ?

Edited by El Duderino