Campaign crash

7 minutes ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

I had a crash happen every time I died on a certain segment and it tried to restart checkpoint. Playing on veteran, took me 3-4 gos to do it, crashed every single time. Never had this happen in a CoD until now

Me neither. Games are a total mess at launch nowadays. It’s like you can’t expect simple things to work. You have to wait for a patch and then for another patch to fix the previous patch. Total joke. No way I’m playing the campaign all over again.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kovy27 said:

I’m playing on veteran and the game keeps crashing every time I get into hangar 3 on ghost team mission.

It makes it impossible for me to finish my veteran playthrough. Talk about an annoying broken mess….

I had the same issue at this point, kept having other numerous game reloads etc. I finally gave in and restarted that level. It sucked but it helped fix it. Such a buggy story mode

I was having issues with the campaign crashing for me as well. It started on the final mission and everytime I would choose to resume the mission it would load and then crash again. What kind of worked for me was uninstalling the two campaign packs and installing them again. After I installed them again, I was finally able to continue that mission and finish it. The game would still crash at times after that when I was cleaning up the last few campaign trophies, but I was able to load back into the mission normally without it crashing on startup. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AWinstead11 said:

I was having issues with the campaign crashing for me as well. It started on the final mission and everytime I would choose to resume the mission it would load and then crash again. What kind of worked for me was uninstalling the two campaign packs and installing them again. After I installed them again, I was finally able to continue that mission and finish it. The game would still crash at times after that when I was cleaning up the last few campaign trophies, but I was able to load back into the mission normally without it crashing on startup. 

I’ll try that. Thanks.

I had zero issues with this game up until the final mission on Veteran. Game kept crashing, deleted, re-installed, started mission over, everything I could.

Took over 2 hours for it to finally work and get plat. I get co-op/MP potentially having issues, but for the campaign to be broken like that? Come on Devs. Be better.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 10:44 AM, AWinstead11 said:

Didn't work for me, would still crash ?

Everyone, i figured out a simple workaround to use while this crashing error will hopefully be patched in the future: When you're playing in a campaign mission that has made your game crash, it seems to trigger whenever you get sent back to a checkpoint after you've either failed an objective/get killed. Whenever that happens DON'T let the game automatically load you back to your last checkpoint, you'll want to PAUSE the game and hit 'Last Checkpoint' whenever you've died. I tested it on the last mission that kept on crashing whenever i died in a certain section and works like a charm. Hope this saves you some frustration :) 

Just got the same problem at the exact same location. Hopefully one of the tips here will work.

EDIT: To be more precise, I'm talking about mission Ghost Team. My game crash all the time right after you get Valeria from hangar 3. After that, you assume SOAP's view (I think) and you need to go up some stairs to the second floor. To your left there's 2 armored enemies. After dying one time from them, my game keeps crashing upon reloading/resuming.

I first tried to "fix" the game while reusing my previous checkpoint:

• Completely shutting down the PS5 didn't work for me.
  • Playing offline didn't work for me.
    • Both from turning internet off to the console or stopping MW2 from connecting to servers
  • Uninstalling/reinstalling both campaign data didn't work for me.
  • Resuming game from the first icon in the menu nor selecting the mission and choosing resume didn't work for me.
  • Disabling multiple graphical settings like "streaming textures" didn't work.
  • Even creating a save file right before the stairs and uploading it to cloud to reuse it didn't work. Looks like the crash really comes out from completely reloading this part of the level.

Only solution (to me)

• I created a save file right before getting to Valeria, a place I know won't crash. I uploaded that save to the cloud.
  • Once getting to the stairs, I try to "simply" not die. If I die and that I'm quick enough, I hit "options" and manually select "last checkpoint" (thanks to @AyyRobo). For whatever reason this works. If I'm too late, I redownload my cloud save.
  • To note: I was able to finish the stair battle, but if you take too much time, Graves will run away. If the mission stops because of that, the reload will crash again (back at the stairs). I had to repeat all those steps.
  • Once on the tank battle, I was able to die and let the game reload just fine.

So, my last resort was to restart the mission. Upon restarting it, I came to the section where you go out of a van, the game started crashing there. Lucky for me, the checkpoint is just seconds before you get out of the van. So, in this case, I was able to resume my campaign but crashing as soon as I would leave the van. I tried pausing the game and doing a "last checkpoint" load and that enabled me to continue the mission.

Sadly enough, when I came back to my original point (the stairs), I died again and now I keep crashing, again.... I guess I'll have to restart the mission again and try to not die at this spot...

Btw, what a stupid game that says there's an update EVERY SINGLE TIME that the game relaunch...

Edited by LeavingGoodbye

• 2 months later...
On 11/8/2022 at 11:34 AM, X-GhosT-SappeR-X said:

Try to disable on-demand texture streaming or set it to low. It worked for me. 

My campaign on Vet didn’t crash at all until I was on the last mission (17). Midway, it crashed during every time that I relaunched from the checkpoint after the server room. 

I followed the advice of turning off the on-demand texture streaming in the graphics settings and it resolved the crashing instantly. So relieved!