PS3HEN Trophy ban?

Gagan_30

38 minutes ago, Gagan_30 said:

If i have jailbroken my ps3 with ps3HEN, and i get trophies, would i get banned if i sync all the trophies on psn or will i get banned ion this website?

Yes, you will get banned for cheating. Many players have been banned even though they didn't hack trophies, but used HEN or CFW just like that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gagan_30 said:

If i have jailbroken my ps3 with ps3HEN, and i get trophies, would i get banned if i sync all the trophies on psn or will i get banned ion this website?

Out of curiosity, what legitimate features did you gain or hope to gain by jailbreaking the PS3 in the first place?

And what makes someone do something that, let’s be honest here, probably has no actual legitimate legal purpose (and is probably against the EULA or some other contract involved), then go and say “so I did the bad thing, is it bad?”

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ashande said:

Out of curiosity, what legitimate features did you gain or hope to gain by jailbreaking the PS3 in the first place?

If you do not care about trophies and PS3 pirated games->access to homebrew... I guess... like emulators etc.

Edited by Smashero

If you're using CFW to hack trophies such that your timestamps are impossible to obtain (i.e. popping an entire list in a few seconds, popping trophies out of order, etc), you'd get flagged for that, yes. If you just happen to have CFW on your PS3, but you're unlocking the trophies through normal gameplay, then there's not really much that can be done about it on this site unless you're going around telling people your PS3 is hacked.

• Like 3

im trying to say what if you have play normally on a jailbroken console would you get banned if you sync your trophies which you unlocked. Example i want to play silent hill 2 and i play it and unlock a few trophies and then sync it with psn. Would i get banned?

1 hour ago, Gagan_30 said:

im trying to say what if you have play normally on a jailbroken console would you get banned if you sync your trophies which you unlocked. Example i want to play silent hill 2 and i play it and unlock a few trophies and then sync it with psn. Would i get banned?

Paging the CRT for confirmation: @MMDE, @Squirlruler, @B1rvine and @grimydawg___ but the odds are the forum software will detect it and give you an auto-ban. As for Sony, it's hard to say but I wouldn't risk it.

You will get banned from here if you manipulate or autopop trophies (in a order that they physically can’t be) 

Although you won’t be banned by Sony for that. They don’t care less about ps3 trophies being popped. But like I said if anything seems suspicious you will straight up be taken off the leaderboards here. 

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Paging the CRT for confirmation: @MMDE, @Squirlruler, @B1rvine and @grimydawg___ but the odds are the forum software will detect it and give you an auto-ban. As for Sony, it's hard to say but I wouldn't risk it.

What forum software? Sony can tell that someone is using CFW when you play pirated games for instance. This site however can't know that unless you get trophies out of order.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Just the act of jailbreaking your PS3 itself won't get you banned I don't think

Pretty sure people still get banned on PS3s even nowadays. The problem with using a modded console to play games legitimately is that nobody will ever believe the trophies are legit. While a modded console would definitely be useful for playing delisted/pirated games, the risks aren't worth it. If the guy wants to play Silent Hill, he should just play on a non-modded PS3. Why risk his console getting banned over trophies?

18 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Pretty sure people still get banned on PS3s even nowadays. The problem with using a modded console to play games legitimately is that nobody will ever believe the trophies are legit. While a modded console would definitely be useful for playing delisted/pirated games, the risks aren't worth it. If the guy wants to play Silent Hill, he should just play on a non-modded PS3. Why risk his console getting banned over trophies?

They do, your system sends back hidden info to sony when you're playing online/signed in, and if the data doesn't exactly match what it's supposed to be on their end, the system gets banned

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Yeah, wouldn't trust that. 

Considering I know people that have gotten their console perma banned for that, they're pretty good at catching people. Even with the spoofers, it's only a matter of time before you get caught. Don't install CFW or HFW if you care about your console or account at all

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

they're pretty good at catching people. Even with the spoofers, it's only a matter of time before you get caught. Don't install CFW or HFW if you care about your console or account at all

I agree that one shouldn't do anything with CFW but I would say from what I have seen they are really not that good at catching people. There are plenty of places on reddit and various forums where you see people posting that they go online frequently do to everything from regular online play, to modding games online, or syncing trophies. They could be lying (for internet points or maybe to try to get others to do it so they also get banned? ?) but the idea they are good at catching people is sort of disproved by the fact that when people get removed here it does not mean they are banned from PSN, logically however if a few people are able to tell someone used CFW (just by timestamps and unlock order) there should be no way that Sony who has records of the account activity that we might not be privy to would not know they had CFW. 

Edit: They are way better at banning people on PS3 compared to Vita lol

Edited by SpaceIsDandy

26 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

I agree that one shouldn't do anything with CFW but I would say from what I have seen they are really not that good at catching people. There are plenty of places on reddit and various forums where you see people posting that they go online frequently do to everything from regular online play, to modding games online, or syncing trophies. They could be lying (for internet points or maybe to try to get others to do it so they also get banned? 1f604.png) but the idea they are good at catching people is sort of disproved by the fact that when people get removed here it does not mean they are banned from PSN, logically however if a few people are able to tell someone used CFW (just by timestamps and unlock order) there should be no way that Sony who has records of the account activity that we might not be privy to would not know they had CFW. 

Edit: They are way better at banning people on PS3 compared to Vita lol

You're more likely to get caught if you're sitting signed in online for hours on end, compared to just signing online to sync your cheated trophies and then signing back out

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

What forum software? Sony can tell that someone is using CFW when you play pirated games for instance. This site however can't know that unless you get trophies out of order.

I don't know the specifics of how it works but I'm 99% sure the CRT can tell if you have a hacked console, regardless of if the trophies are out of sequence or not.