PS3HEN Trophy ban?

Gagan_30

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

You're more likely to get caught if you're sitting signed in online for hours on end, compared to just signing online to sync your cheated trophies and then signing back out

if you can avoid what should be "automatic detection" by being signed in for a minute or so instead of an hour I would argue that they are not " pretty good at catching people "...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

Going by this documentation for the API, no such identification exists. The only "firmware" viewable is the version of the list itself, which is unconnected to whether someone is using OFW or CFW. Unless you can provide the API that is able to pull this up so we can see for ourselves, this seems incredibly far-fetched.

Sony have good telemetry on their consoles, and have access to various data - including lack of licenses for pirated games, which is confirmed by an employee.

Only few people know the full extent of their telemetry, so it's pretty silly seeing you and others berate B1rvine on what Sony can and can't do based on the API.

11 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

And its better to not share too much info that could help cheaters to avoid detection, I personally dont care what they use as long as they can continue finding cheaters.

Wouldn’t knowing this stuff discourage them from cheating at all? Not that the law stops all crime out there in the world of course ?‍♂️ and I guess this wouldn’t count the users who say “I don’t care about this” when they make a dispute lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

Wouldn’t knowing this stuff discourage them from cheating at all? Not that the law stops all crime out there in the world of course ?‍♂️ and I guess this wouldn’t count the users who say “I don’t care about this” when they make a dispute lol

No. The more info that's out there, the better chance hackers have of finding a way around it.

If you know there's a speed trap on a highway, you know how to avoid it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

No. The more info that's out there, the better chance hackers have of finding a way around it.

If you know there's a speed trap on a highway, you know how to avoid it.

So, do the CRT tools evolve at a slower rate than cheater methods? If so, that’s already not great.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 8:06 AM, Ashande said:

Out of curiosity, what legitimate features did you gain or hope to gain by jailbreaking the PS3 in the first place?

And what makes someone do something that, let’s be honest here, probably has no actual legitimate legal purpose (and is probably against the EULA or some other contract involved), then go and say “so I did the bad thing, is it bad?”

Reasons do not have to be legal to be legitimate. And the OP wasn't asking "is it bad?", they were asking if Sony could detect it.

Besides that, I'd imagine emulation, mods, etc are part of the appeal. I just recently found out you can use custom songs on Beat Saber and Audica on PSVR if you have a jailbroken PS4 (which I do not, nor am I willing to risk this account), and I'd imagine there's far more mods on PS3 since it's much more easy to jailbreak.