Not available on PS5?

Crypto151

The game is available on PS5... Well, the PS4 version that is.
Now obviously you are asking if there's a PS5 native or enhanced versions and the answer is no. To make it even more confusing REverse is not an Add On or DLC. its simply a game mode that for some reason is presented as an individual game. I guess that Capcom is still trying to figure out a MP for their RE series and they are testing these akward strategies.

Now lets talk about the ID thing. From now on all of Capcom games, especially if they have crossplay, will require and ID for that specific purpose.

11 hours ago, Crypto151 said:

Is this not available on PS5? I found it on the store but the only options I have there are wishlist and follow. When I bought RE Village, there was no voucher in the case. Apparently, you also need a Capcom ID. Why is this game so difficult to aquire? 

Are you sure you didn't get a voucher? Which edition did you purchase? 

On 10/30/2022 at 6:29 PM, Crypto151 said:

Is this not available on PS5? I found it on the store but the only options I have there are wishlist and follow. When I bought RE Village, there was no voucher in the case. Apparently, you also need a Capcom ID. Why is this game so difficult to aquire? 

Having the same issue except I bought it digitally, is the voucher code seriously not in PS5 cases? If so this situation keeps getting more hilarious. We may have to buy a brand new PS4 physical version to get the voucher code in order to play.

Edited by RipvanX

On 10/31/2022 at 6:26 AM, ZZ383 said:

Are you sure you didn't get a voucher? Which edition did you purchase? 

Pretty sure its just the basic version.

22 hours ago, RipvanX said:

Having the same issue except I bought it digitally, is the voucher code seriously not in PS5 cases? If so this situation keeps getting more hilarious. We may have to buy a brand new PS4 physical version to get the voucher code in order to play.

I mean I didn't get a voucher with mine. I'm certainly not buying the game again just to play a basic multiplayer game. Thought it would've come with the rose dlc.

22 hours ago, RipvanX said:

We may have to buy a brand new PS4 physical version to get the voucher code in order to play.

I got a voucher code when I bought Village when it came out. Now that Reverse is out I tried to redeem the voucher code and it doesn’t even work. Says “please try again later.” What a hassle.

I am in the middle of contacting Capcom on this issue. I sent a video proving purchase and that the game is not in my library and is nowhere on the store. I think that would be the final straw for me if I manage to get a code that doesn’t work. Re:Verse simply does not want to be played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MTGMkSHQss

Here is a video of me browsing my library and the store, the game is nowhere to be found. I am waiting to hear back from Capcom on this but if they are unable to help, the only solution left I can think of is to log into an actual PS4 system and see if the game will automatically download. Again, I bought RE8 digitally day 1 on my old PS4 pro so there was no voucher code.

Edited by RipvanX

On 11/3/2022 at 11:07 AM, RipvanX said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MTGMkSHQss

Here is a video of me browsing my library and the store, the game is nowhere to be found. I am waiting to hear back from Capcom on this but if they are unable to help, the only solution left I can think of is to log into an actual PS4 system and see if the game will automatically download. Again, I bought RE8 digitally day 1 on my old PS4 pro so there was no voucher code.

I watched the video you made. Very informative.

I am curious if you hid the REverse title on your PS5. In Game Library, under the Your Collection tab, the Filter tab on the left will let you turn On/Off Hidden Items filter. Maybe it is in there. 

Checking your PS4's Game Library would also be a good idea. There isn't much of a reason for it not to be there, but maybe it is. It could be hidden due to Parental Controls, that can also be a factor. 

One other thought I had was to check the PS App. See if it is in your game library there.  You can't hide games on PS App, as far as I know, and it should allow you to choose to download to your consoles. Assuming you have linked a console in the App.

I did experience the same bug where trying to go to the REverse game from a piece of dlc led you back to RE8's page. The game icon when hovering over the REverse tile is the RE8 game, so that's probably just a simple error on Sony's part.

I await your experiences.

Edited by ZZ383

4 hours ago, ZZ383 said:

I am curious if you hid the REverse title on your PS5. In Game Library, under the Your Collection tab, the Filter tab on the left will let you turn On/Off Hidden Items filter. Maybe it is in there. 

Checking your PS4's Game Library would also be a good idea. There isn't much of a reason for it not to be there, but maybe it is. It could be hidden due to Parental Controls, that can also be a factor. 

One other thought I had was to check the PS App. See if it is in your game library there.  You can't hide games on PS App, as far as I know, and it should allow you to choose to download to your consoles. Assuming you have linked a console in the App.

I did experience the same bug where trying to go to the REverse game from a piece of dlc led you back to RE8's page. The game icon when hovering over the REverse tile is the RE8 game, so that's probably just a simple error on Sony's part.

THANK YOU! My god this was driving me insane for the past week. I never hid this game but that was indeed it. After checking my hidden games it was there. What an epic and stupid bug! After contacting Capcom support for about a week they blew me off. Bunch of moronic monkeys.

Edited by RipvanX
  • Like 2

On 11/5/2022 at 7:03 AM, ZZ383 said:

WOW. Ok, so apparently I did get a voucher and I must have used it right when I got village and just forgot. Went to my library in the ps app and it was there. Why the hell would it be hidden???

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Fiercethetear said:

If I buy Resident Evil Village digitally I am guaranteed to receive ReVerse as well right?

It should come with Village, unless something has changed since its initial release. This information is coming from myself as I received Re:verse due to purchasing the 'Gold' Version of Resident Evil: Village. Though, to be honest with you, @Fiercethetear, it is not very good and not really worth it unless you're into that is FFA-based type gameplay.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, x410xDragon said:

It should come with Village, unless something has changed since its initial release. This information is coming from myself as I received Re:verse due to purchasing the 'Gold' Version of Resident Evil: Village. Though, to be honest with you, @Fiercethetear, it is not very good and not really worth it unless you're into that is FFA-based type gameplay.

I can tell I am most likely not going to enjoy this, but since I want that 100% Resident Evil completion, I'll have to go for it, same with Re Resistence.

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1