Winter 2022/2023 Backlog Challenge (signups open until December 31)

7 minutes ago, reaperveteran86 said:

If your main goal is to get more platinums and a higher completion rate, then finish a few of your older/shorter games.

For example: You have Assassin`s Creed 2 (PS4) on your profile sitting on 95% (you can play games that are not on your list and participate in the event despite it) and the only trophies that you not have are for the subject 16 riddles and for the feathers. Look up a youtube video guide for this two things and you should get this platinum in 1-3 hours.

Another example is Minecraft Story Mode. As a Telltale game this one should play itself for most of the trophies and for the rest follow the psnp trophy guide.

Far Cry 3 Classic Edition, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, Concrete Genie, Assassin`s Creed: Liberation the Spyro and the LEGO games on your profile are further options for easier platinums.

I , by no means, am a completionist or top trophy hunter and haven`t even cleared all of my own easy and short games, but I hope this will help you a bit by completing your goals. 

And a tip: Order your games like this:

- Dark Cloud

- Dark Souls Remastered

- and so on

or at least make the titles of your games bold. Your posts are much easier to read this way.

okay thanks 

46 minutes ago, StilRh said:

Hey chickies,

This week I managed to briefly pop my shoulder out of its socket. Thankfully it wasn't a full dislocation and other than pain++ I have most of my shoulder power and mobility. To compensate I played Spiritfarer pretty much one handed. It was a cute indie game and I liked a lot of the mechanics but I found some aspects a bit frustrating. Managed to get the platinum for this though :) Also completed the platinum for The Callisto Protocol, nice horror but dull as a game. I went on a bit of a hot streak in Slay the spire, getting my first infinite and heart kill.

I was totally pumped to read @TheBusToYoker's posts about conquering Wolfenstein 2 and plans to tackle Frostpunk. I love the later but its so emotionally painful to play that I don't think I'd ever go for the platinum in that. It's motivated me to look at some of my harder games - I'll be chipping away at them between other games but I don't think I'm going to commit to these like listed games though.

This week I'd like to get back into Deathloop but I may be playing Nioh or looking at the January sales instead.

Have a nice one :)

Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream 28%

Dead Cells 24%

Deathloop 27%

Hades 33%

Inscryption 10%

Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III 10%

Muv-Luv: Alternative 20%

Pixeljunk Nom Nom Galaxy 87%

Potion Permit 25%

Resident Evil 5 36%

Returnal 16%

Slay the spire 34% > 39%

Steamworld Dig 2 24%

NEW: Spiritfarer 0% > 100%

Tactics Ogre: Reborn 10%

The Callisto Protocol 91% > 100%

Platinum/100% 2/16

Swaps 0/3

enjoy those are alot of games you play nice my last platinum trophie was persona 5 royal that was easy game long but easy it costed me above 60 hours for to finish it now i am looking at my trophielist but i cant find a game to play so its just anoying  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBusToYoker said:

Ouch! Glad I've inspired you though.

Excuse me while I bounce off with some waffle about strategy games and trophy hunting.

Strategy games, the sub genre of building strategy. These games are not popular at all among trophy hunters. Maybe it's partly a demographic thing, as this was a genre/many sub genres of games that were big in the 90s. Now a niche in a niche, with that niche being at home on PC. So unless you are some weird 30 something, not highly likely you are going to play them.

Let's just take a look at the number of people who have strategy games I've done to plat or 100% on their profiles as of me composing this post.

Cities: Skylines - I got the plat in this before the avalanche of DLC started rolling onto console.  Skylines does have a pretty respectable number of people who have it their profile. 122,886. 2,840 of which have the plat, and only 44 - 100%. 

Skylines is also the daddy of DLC packs for these games. Another reason why trophy hunters perhaps avoid them like the plague, the DLC. The plat in Skylines will only give you around 40% total completion. In the Natural Diasters DLC, there's a trophy called "What the...?". A trophy for a special weather event called Chripnado, which must hit your city. I've heard reports it's taken people 40 to 50 hours for Chripnado to actually spawn. The trophy is also just a bronze. 

Edit: I don't know why the text has went more gray in this part of my post. 

Jurassic World Evolution 1 - I have the 100% in this. 48,077 have it on their profile, 5,422 - plat, 299 - 100%. While there is 5 DLC packs for the game, they don't have many trophies in each. There is one trophy that is probably chief among the DLC preventing people from obtaining 100%. "A New Home". Aww what a sweet sounding trophy, making a nice new home for the dinosaurs.

*reads trophy description* 

"Complete challenge mode on Sanctuary in under 8.5 hours (hard difficulty or above)"

Fuck....

But at least it's a silver.

I can't remember having to many problems with it, but I was so used to the game by the time I did get around to it.

Plague Inc: Evolved - 

ed69psQ.png

Another one I have 100% in, and done the plat at a highly appropriate time. The lockdown of 2020.

17, 450 people have it on their profile, 1312 - plat, 324 -100%. I didn't really have many problems doing the plat and 100% in this. I have read some people have a really tough time doing "Scenario Master" though. This is also realtive to other strategy games a very short game to plat and 100%. 

Sid Meier's Civilisation VI - 100% in this as well, the EU stack. The plat for which is very rare, where as the NA stacks plat is UR.  

For the EU stack there is 14,128 people with it on their profile, 750 - plat, 86 - 100%. It should be noted I believe some glitch before an update meant a DLC trophy wasn't popping for some people, so that might play a factor in it's extremely low 100%. I didn't have this problem when I returned it.

The trophy list for CIV 6 is mostly garbage, going completely aganist natural gameplay. Thus heavily impacting your experience of the game.

Tropico 5 - The game a good chunk of people got when it was free on plus, and never returned to. When I got the plat it was 8.00%. The 100% I finally got back in 21 after I was boosting the Tropico 6 online with someone, and then I helped them with 5 + the DLC online for me and them.

Tropico 5 has 227,418 with it on their profile, 4,823 - plat, 936 -100%. To all those who downloaded and played it during the time it was free on plus. Thanks for a cheap UR plat!

While the guide gives the game a 2/10, this might be misleading. For folk who are familiar with games like Tropico, sure. Those who aren't, probably not. I have had some people tell me they've struggled with certain things in Tropico 5.

Tropico 6 - I think Tropico 6 is the superior game to Tropico 5. Much more true to the earlier games in the series.  However, only 6, 143 people have this on their profile, 474 - plat, no DLC (thank fuck). I really think more people who play strategy games on consoles should give it a go. The game is cheap, and the online like 5 is an easy boost.

I think from the evidence of strategy games I've played, you get the picture. Most trophy hunters don't like them for whatever reason. But they can because be incredibly rewarding platinums/100% to obtain because of how much you have to put in to get out of them. I'd say that's definitely true in the case of Skylines and Jurassic World Evolution 1.

strategy games are difficult i have jurrasic world evolution1 and kings bounty2 i play alot of genres strategy rpg horror shooting adventure racing i want to have this year alot of games done but  i have started way to many games already and  above 300 games are in my digital library and i do trophie hunting aswell so far i collected 2241 trophies in total 

i have changed my list often from my phone but now with the laptop  i going to do a list ? for i do those games                                                                                                                                        -dark souls remastered 5% enter the gungeon1% wolfenstein2 0% tiny tinas a wonderlands one shot adventure0% biomutant0% that is my list i do this now on laptop so it type much better then on mobliephone 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, StilRh said:

Hey chickies,

This week I managed to briefly pop my shoulder out of its socket.

:jaymon: That really sucks. I hope you get better soon.

Anyways, I'll be outsie. I won't probably update until I get LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga completed because I will probably not do World of Final Fantasy until I get done with that Kyber Brick grind. ;)

Also, with Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden porting to PS4 in a couple of weeks, I am interested in them, especially since I learned that Atlus is making a few QoL changes to make the games more accessible(like having quick saves that let you save anywhere, so maybe farming Hardcore Risette won't be impossible xD).

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, maxfighter27 said:

i have changed my list often from my phone but now with the laptop  i going to do a list 1f3c6.png for i do those games                                                                                                                                        -dark souls remastered 5% enter the gungeon1% wolfenstein2 0% tiny tinas a wonderlands one shot adventure0% biomutant0% that is my list i do this now on laptop so it type much better then on mobliephone 

my-man-my-man-denzel.gif

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, slicknick3822 said:

1. Ratchet & Clank (25% --> 74%-->87%-->92%-->98%-->100%):platinum:

2. Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight (10%-->63%-->100%) :platinum:

3. Life Is Strange (0%-->100%) :platinum:

4. Yakuza 0 (0%-->15%-->25%-->32%-->34%)

5. inFAMOUS Second Son (0%)

Midweek update because FINALLY Death by Disco is complete.

nice i wil unlock the platinum trophie from final fantasy type 0 hd 16% i am now 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Redblaziken8 said:

Update #4

1) GTA IV: 48%

2) Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1: 0% -> 100% :platinum:

3) God of War Ragnarök: 0% -> 5% -> 8%

4) Erica: 15% ->:platinum:

5) Crash Bandicoot: Warped 25%

6) Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order PS5: 3%  Stray 0% -> 100%:platinum:

7) Elden Ring: 12% Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes 32%

8) Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City: 0 -> 27%

9) Resident Evil 4: 26% -> 68%

10) Valiant Hearts: The Great War: 0%

11) Journey: 9% -> 100%

12) Saints Row: The Third PS3: 20% -> 22%

13) Titanfall 2 PS4: 4%

4/13 games completed. 

2/3 swaps.

Managed to get Stray done in just over a day, super fun indie game I enjoyed playing with @rjkclarke, hopefully he'll finally write that review ? (no pressure, maybe ?). Didn't find the almost infamous Can't Cat-ch Me trophy too bad, trophy list was pretty fun but the speedrun just felt a bit unnecessary really. Easy plat though! 

Got all of the trophies on Resi 4 done except for the Professional playthrough, probably going to start it this week and maybe finish it or do it at a later date before the event is over. First time I've beaten Resi 4, really enjoyed it. It still holds up really well today but my god there's a lot of boss fights in the 2nd half. 

thats nice i need to get my games done also i havent completed a single game since i joined this event 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, RaxxisOmega said:

EtkhtT7WYAA2lTr.jpg

This is literally me playing Frostpunk and getting to grips with the New Home scenario on survivor mode.

Over in The Media Room forum, I gave some attention in the "So bad it's great!" movies thread going on over there to the film Rad. The main song for which by John Farnham "Break The Ice" is not only apt in title, but lyrically as well concerning Frostpunk.

Yeah, man likes his 80s power cheese.

Glad to see others are now getting around to tackling harder games they've committed themselves to.

Back to more Frostpunk for me, and hopefully an Official Update soon once I've started making actual trophy progress with it. I'll in closing leave you fellow trophy hunters with more Shia. In gif form this time.

dream-shia.gif

Edited by TheBusToYoker
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, viech54 said:

Update #14

1. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS5) https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/19385-ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana 0%
  2. Doki Doki Literature Club Plus (PS5): https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/13292-doki-doki-literature-club-plus 0%
  3. Crystar: 0% -> 29% -> 50% -> 82% -> 100% :platinum:
  4. Tales of Arise: 0% -> 4% -> 8% -> 14% -> 17% -> 27% -> 52% -> 100% :platinum:
  5. Moons of Madness: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10254-moons-of-madness 0%
  6. Crystal Defenders: 0% -> 35% -> 80% -> 100% :platinum:

Swaps used: 0/3

Crystar: Got the platinum. There's a glitch when grinding for the memoirs. In a stage, you can only get up to 10 new pieces of equipment. Once you get 10, you won't get any more equipment (that's normal) and also no more memoirs (they are not equipment), which is kind of annoying. This cost me about an hour. But now it's done. The last trophy was reaching max level, everything else just comes naturally.

That's also 50% of the games done. I'm thinking of swapping out Ys VIII out as I already played it last year around the end of September/start of October and I already have the platinum trophy 3 times (https://psnprofiles.com/series/67-ys/viech54). Not sure what I'd add instead and maybe I'll just play it. It'd probably be a Final Fantasy game instead. So we'll see.

Nice games though i want to play all my games but with 1 game at a time but not for challenges only to finish my backlog i bought today season pass from assasins creed origins tales of arise cyberpunk disc version both and alan wake remastered and kingdom come deliverance royal edition 

1 hour ago, Heather342 said:

Unofficial update #3

Hi everyone, hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year 1f60a.png. I was hoping to get a bit more done over the last week or so, but I've been completely knocked on my arse with a really bad cough and cold (thankfully not covid). So I've been pretty much parked up on the sofa just playing games and watching Netflix 1f605.png.

I have made some notable progress though. I finally finished up Two Point Hospital ?! Camouflage Falls was an absolute bugger of a level, and literally took an entire day to progress through a few tricky waves. I'm just glad I didn't need a complete restart on this level. Everything else was pretty straightforward, but just time consuming. I'm really happy that this one is finally off the backlog, although I am a little bit gutted that the other PC expansions won't be coming to console but I understand the devs reasons for it.

I also finished up the new trophies for Among Us. The 200 imposter kills took some time, but it was a fun new game mode. Also been doing the daily challenges in Overwatch to unlock Ramattra, finally unlocked him today and knocked out his trophies. Still need to do the difficult ones for Sojourn, Kiriko and Junker Queen. It's a work in progress 1f605.png. My other work in progress is Persona 4 Arena, mainly just jumping in on the Score Attack mode, which I get absolutely wrecked at! The additional buffs the AI has makes it super difficult, but yesterday I managed to beat Yousuke for the first time ever ?. Although Naoto in the next match destroyed me haha! I still need to go back to do combo challenges, but I need to plug in my fight stick for that.

Other than that, I've started playing Ni No Kuni, and dipping into RDR2. Those games are gonna take a while though, so I'm not rushing through them.

That's all from me 1f601.png. Keep up with the great progress everyone!

Congrats on the Two Point Hospital 100%. Another strategy game I need to sink my life into at some point.

Yeah everyone has been getting this "super cold". I had it back in December when it was sweeping through Edinburgh. The first two days were the worst. 

It was rather.....challenging

seinfeld-funny-guy.gif

Edited by TheBusToYoker
  • Like 4