Winter 2022/2023 Backlog Challenge (signups open until December 31)

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

Update #5

Well there we go guys and gals. The first and second! completion for me on this challenge in medal of honor 2010 and it's sequel warfighter.

Medal of honor :platinum:?

First plat of the year would be for Medal of Honor. Firstly, like I said in my previous update the only thing I needed to do was to level up from level 12 to level 15 for the plat. So I did. :)

I did end up finding a boosting lobby and since boosting is litterally just trade capping the flag I just joined it to get it quickly done.

Frankly I like this multiplayer, it reminded me a lot to battlefield 1943. To me with the 3 classes and very limited option it just felt like a fun do it every now and then arcade shooter to me. There is not much dept, it's mainly pewpew. The frostbite engine looks gorgeous though and it really shows in the multiplayer part.

In my previous update I also told that I find the single player part to be a bit forgetable. The only thing I liked about it was that it was all kinda connected to each other. there is no cut like: Yo we are in the US and suddenly we find ourselves in Australia or whatever. Next to that I still find it weird that it used 2 different engines, but maybe this game inspired crossfire X which litterally did the same thing. ?

I really enjoyed playing through the game in tier 1 mode though.

Medal of honor: warfighter :platinum:?

I wasn't expecting to get this plat so soon, but here we are. In my previous update I told that I have fully done the MP, but I didn't finish the SP yet. So bassically I finished my run, but next to that also the misc trophies, the hardcore run and playing the last mission on tier 1 mode. (So basically from unfinished to fully completed it).

in general the MP is fine. I liked it less then medal of honor 2010, because I missed the arcady part of it. However it does look very stunning. Though I mainly did just boring grinding on the MP to get it done. :P

The SP got a lot of flag for what it is in my opinion. Yes, if you purely look at it from a war and pewpew perspective then sure it's waaaaaay worse then medal of honor 2010. That remark from US to Australia, well it does not happen in the game litterally but it feels like that. I don't know what is going on most of the time and therefore I didn't feel invested at all. It does seem like they wanted to cater a bit to the personal implications of war and mainly the lost and burdens of soldiers. But this needed to have a bigger emphasis, because it feels like an after tought more then what it should be.

Where 2010 has belly of the beast, warfighter has bump in the night. It is a one man army mission sure, but man the tension on this level with like enemies every corner in a relative claustrophobic space on a boat was amazing.

Hardcore mode... well not that hard if you use the "exploit" = save scumming. I did die a few times, but the times that I died was the stupidest shit ever, so I don't regret doing it this way. ?

I will get my redemption arc when I am doing wolfenstein 2 on mein leben somewhere in the future.

Lastly, I got an unexpected suprise when I heared castle of glass from linkin park in the credits. The clip also mentioned been featured in Medal of honor warfighter as well as a clip that fits nicely with this game. I think it's a good song but bruh, why is this coupled to the flop medal of honor: warfighter and why is it litterally only used in credits, which also is just a boring scroll down one and after the song end while the credits are still going they just use there own in-game music. Like why even bother ?

Babylon's fall

I am starting to reach the end of the main story and with that I can do a lot more stuff, however until then I am still button mashing til I get carpal tunnel syndrome.

Using a hammer at 1 side slot and a sword as 1 main slot has provided me no issues with the enemies yet.

Switch

I'll use 1 of my switches since I will aim to finish up dreadnought before February is over (it's shutdown is marked at 19th of March and I am already a good way into the 1000 matches completed). Also getting the 6 games done in 2 months is quite heavy (for me) especially if I combine it with dreadnought. Mostly I will need to play / boost for all those misc trophies still, but I am sure I will get it done. Dreadnought is currently at a 45% completion, so with that same logic of 33%-50%, I will offer up the Far Cry 2 slot.

Progress on this challenge:

Babylon's Fall (PS5): 14% -> 15% -> 37% -> 60%

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (PS3): 14%

Driver: San Fransisco (PS3): 30%

Far Cry 2 (PS3): 37%  -> Dreadnought (PS4): 45%

Front Mission: Evolved (PS3): 23%

Medal Of Honor (PS3): 0% -> 67% -> 75% -> 97% -> 100% :platinum:?

Medal Of Honor: Warfighter (PS3): 0% -> 15% -> 55% -> 100% :platinum:?

Ratchet Deadlocked (PS3): 32%

I've heard enough about Dreadnought in the last couple weeks in party chats. Havoc, havoc, havoc....and even more havoc.

Mein Leben redemption? Hmm I'd more characterise it as crule and unusual punishment from a games studio that either -

1) Can't take personal responsibility for their own failings in the previous game with the difficulty exploit, so punished the trophy/achievement niche with the Mein Leben trophy. 

2) Zero understanding of what constitutes true difficulty and legitimate challenge. This is a problem not exclusive to Machine Games, but industry wide in my opinion. Hilarious, given this is the studio which proudly states one of their core vaules is being free of big egos. Everything in Wolfenstein 2 saids otherwise.

I could go on for a while about this, but I'll just stick to my short stock rant.

THE 80s AND 90s ARE OVER. THEY WERE A GREAT TIME FOR GAMING, BUT YOU CAN'T FORCE "ARCADE HARD".  THAT FORM OF DIFFICULTY HAPPENED BECAUSE OF LIMITATIONS AND A BUSINESS MODEL THAT NO LONGER EXIST. GET CREATIVE, START INNOVATING!

And, finally, from a player who has beaten Mein Leben to Machine Games.

Feels good to finally be doing Frostpunk now. An on the whole fantastic game, and is actually legitimately challenging. 

american-psycho-willem-dafoe.gif

Edited by TheBusToYoker
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, reaperveteran86 said:

Update 5

- Spyro 2: Ripto`s Rage 100%

- Japanese Rail Sim: Journey to Kyoto 0%

- WILL:  A Wonderful World (EU) 1%

- LEGO The Incredibles 100%

- Anno: Mutationem 10%

- Assassin`s Creed: Brotherhood (PS4) 23% -> 69% (the obligatory "Nice")

- Sword and Fairy 6 (EU) 100%

- Sword and Fairy 7: Together Forever (PS4) 100%

- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter 42%

- Star Ocean: First Departure R 1%

- Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights 21%

- Left Alive 5%

I played allmost exclusively played Assassin`s Creed: Brotherhood last week. I`m allmost done with the main story, finished DaVinci`s Disapearence, and got the majority of the collectables and a bunch of the miscellaneous trophies out of the way. So the only big thing to do is to get 100% sync rate in all missions and to finish the main story, which I hope to get done in the comming week.

I`m a bit triggered (I hate that word, so not really), that this is titeld Funniest German Music Song when we had even more trash music in the Neue Deutsche Welle alone and

really funny songs like:

What do you expect from the English language speaking world? We've been memeing subtitles on clips from Der Untergang for over a decade.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

F1 22: This one's finally done. Frankly these games are getting a little stale. You can tell by the newest addition being supercars and a showroom for them. If I wasn't a huge F1 fan(atic) I probably wouldn't bother getting these games anymore. At least they're not really hard.

It’s kind of the FIFA of racing games really :P I just received my copies of 2018, 19 and 20 last week. I liked the addition of storymode in 2021, and haven’t gotten 22 yet. 
Does that one include a storymode? Or is it just race your seasons, win everything and that’s it? 

Your reason is also the only reason I really play these games

Edited by neospoon
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, neospoon said:

It’s kind of the FIFA of racing games really :P I just received my copies of 2018, 19 and 20 last week. I liked the addition of storymode in 2021, and haven’t gotten 22 yet. 
Does that one include a storymode? Or is it just race your seasons, win everything and that’s it? 

Maybe they need their own like ultimate team mode, surprise mechanics, too get fully Fifa.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neospoon said:

No story mode AFAIK. I thought the story in '21 was kind of cringe worthy but at least it was something fresh and it created scenarios (like in the early F1 games by CM) which I really liked.

There isn't much of a change in this one from last year (besides the obvious new cars/track/drivers) except instead of classic F1 cars now you can do various challenges with supercars right between (or rather just before) races and a showroom you can customize. You got all the other race modes as before but it is like you said do your seasons, manage your team and win. The trophies for single player are not as grindy as some before but for online you have to run at least 100 races.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, HEMI-Sphere57 said:

Last update for this challenge, I completed what I wanted

Sturmfront PS5 4%->100%
Enter the Gungeon 0%->92%

Castle Crashers 0%->100%
Farm Sim 17 0%->100%
Minecraft Dungeons 0%->100%

This was a fun challenge, Enter the Gungeon was the most difficult platinum and probably top 3 or 4 most difficult out of all my platinums, so that was fun. I got a few other games I’m going to platinum after this, but when I’m done with those I plan on playing COD multiplayer more and getting really good again at that. Everyone take care and good luck.

Squirtle-Squad-Poke%CC%81mon.jpg?resize=

Being a member of the Serebii.net community and a big Pokemon fan, I've seen the picture you just posted and know where it comes from in the Pokemon anime. ;)

• Like 1