Winter 2022/2023 Backlog Challenge (signups open until December 31)

15 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

I'm going to have to say I have failed this challenge.

To be fair, nobody needs to comfort me. I should have known that LEGO Skywalker Saga was HUGE, and I had seen people streaming their progress, but I was an idiot because "LEGO Game, so EZQUICKBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!" and thought I could get it done. It's already 12 days in the second-to-final month of the challenge and I am not going to finish fast enough to start on World of Final Fantasy as it goes back into the freezer so I can do my personal challenge for the PS5 version of Skywalker Saga. *sigh* :(

As they say in the West, hindsight is 20/20, so yeah... that was rough.

At the very least, my personal challenge on the PS5 version will help me get back to work and 100% the PS4 version.

The reason I am saying I failed now is because, even if I did get the platinum for LEGO Star Wars TSS in the next two days, I'll be busy with the PS5 version which means I will focus on it for the next two weeks, and World of Final Fantasy is even longer to grind out since it's an RPG so I won't have time to platinum it before the event ends. And since I used all three of my swaps I can't drop it so I have to mark it incomplete and the list is a failure. At least I completed my initial list and got Dark Cloud 2 out of my box, so that's a plus.

I do intend to put my final update when I get the platinum for this last game but after that, I'm done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rjkclarke said:

In the meantime though, challenge wise, this weekend I'm going to make a start on the multiplayer for GTAIV. That has to get started at some point, so it might as well be then.

Good luck to you and @Redblaziken8doing GTA IV. The return leg to PS3 purgatory. Red Dead Redemption will seem like a birthday present  

Excuse me while paraphrase Withnail and I

"Don't get uptight with me, man. Cos if you do, I'll have to give you a dose of PS3 multiplayer. And if I boost a PS3 multiplayer you, you'll know you've been been boosted."

"I could take double any PS3 multiplayer you boost."

"Very, very foolish words, man."

Edited by TheBusToYoker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

Yeah, I guess I sort of deserved that reply. :P

I apologize if I got overdramatic. I should have just stated the facts and not gone like that. Anyways, I do intend to finish LEGO Star Wars TSS. In fact I'm working more on the PS4 version now to try to get the challenges done and push to the end. ;)

Nah I wasn't thinking you were being overly dramatic (saids me). 

I'm probably going to have to warm up some substitutes myself for this winter challenge.

jos%C3%A9mourinho-sub.gif

Edited by TheBusToYoker

12 hours ago, Fanatixa1 said:

So I have good and bad news... The good news is, I bought a PS5! The bad new is... I might have to swap some games out 1f605.png. It will come on Monday and I'm super excited to finally get one. The games I really want to play are, Astro's Playroom and I also got Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. Anyway, for now I will leave the list as is. 

Congratulations on getting your hands on a PS5! They seem to still be very hard to find in stock over here. Those two games were my first ones as well. Not sure if you have PS+ but if you managed to grab Maneater when it was on there, that one is pretty fun! I hope you took the day off from whatever needed to be done on Monday!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Went right threw both seasons

You gotta love auto-correct. xD

6 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

so it's more gamer fatigue than anything else

I understand ya, I'm getting gamer fatigue from LEGO Star Wars. Seriously, I love the games being 100% faithful to the movies, but OMG the challenges and grind suck.

• Like 1