Winter 2022/2023 Backlog Challenge (signups open until December 31)

1 hour ago, KazaneHime said:

Joining in again this time. Gonna commit to less, though I have less traveling, just because I have been feeling a bit burned out on games recently. I think I'll go with games I always love and indies that won't take much time for my first 5, and add in others if I get in the mood for them.

Winter list:

1. Ys VIII (PS5) - 22% (started Dec. 1st)
  2. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - 0%
  3. Cult of the Lamb - 0%
  4. Chicory: A Colorful Tale - 0%
  5. Toem - 0%

(0/5 completed)
(0/3 swaps)

Started writing this a few days ago, and decided that Ys and Tales should be plenty of jrpgs and keep me busy enough for the holiday season.

Best of luck

• Like 1

@TheZazuku I didn't find the speedruns that bad in Sonic Forces and it was my first proper Sonic game. You just have to know the shortcuts and best routes (I used youtube vids). The hardest ones are the classic Sonic ones, if you can do those the rest should be no problem. I think you can do some of the speedruns with Super Sonic (I believe it is free DLC), that should help a little.

@Taruta13 Happy Birthday Dude! ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KazaneHime said:

Hope you're able to get the hang of the battle system for Arise. I recommend trying out various characters. By the end of the game, I ended up mainly playing as Rinwell but I started mainly playing Law.

Usually, combos aren't what I would recommend the Tales series for - it is nice if you like action-style jrpgs for sure but the characters and story are usually what I end up telling people about.

It'll be alright in the end, it's not my first (Xillia, X2, Symphonia, DotNW, Berseria, Vesperia, Abyss, Hearts R, Graces F) and I like it more for story, characters, and world than the gameplay for the most part. Music is also great. Still, thanks, I hope it'll get better over time.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I'd like to try this challenge again! Hopefully with better results this time.

Event games:

Curse of the Dead Gods - 21%

Toem - 0%

Chicory: A Colorful Tale - 2%

Powerslave Exhumed - 12%

Stray - 4%

Manifold Garden - 20%

Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - 5%

Moss - 13%

Red Matter - 0%

Pixel Ripped 1995 - 10%

Along Together - 3%

Added

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 7:00 PM, DizzyDavidson said:

@TheZazuku I didn't find the speedruns that bad in Sonic Forces and it was my first proper Sonic game. You just have to know the shortcuts and best routes (I used youtube vids). The hardest ones are the classic Sonic ones, if you can do those the rest should be no problem. I think you can do some of the speedruns with Super Sonic (I believe it is free DLC), that should help a little.

I will definetly have to look up shortcuts on most stages I think, gonna focus more on Sonic when Story of Seasons is done, 2-3 more days I believe. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Raycut said:

I'll go ahead and join, been wanting to shrink my backlog anyway.

Event games:

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (4%)

Mass Effect (10%)

Mass Effect 2 (0%)

Mass Effect 3 (0%)

Horizon Zero Dawn (21%)

The Quarry (41%)

Persona 5 Royal PS5 (0%)

And if visual novels are allowed (I'm not just skipping text if that helps):

Arcade Spirits (28%)

Roommates (4%)

8 hours ago, HEMI-Sphere57 said:

My list

Sturmfront The Mutant War (PS5) 4%

Enter the Gungeon 0%
Castle Crashers (PS4) 0%
Farm Sim 17 0%
Minecraft Dungeons 0%

Added. Sorry for being so slow. Been trying to finish this game before I get Dragon Quest Treasures tomorrow.

• Like 3

Okay, sort of confused. The guide to Persona 5 Royal says that the Chariot Rank 7 hangout is June 22, but all of the guides on that say that the stakeout is only available on the 29th, a week later. They have a Faith hangout on that date. Are the guides all wrong? Worse, I just got a text from Ryuji on the 3rd saying he's going to locate the stakeout spot, should I say "He'll notice you" or "Good luck?" I'm screwed. I should have remained with Optinoob's guide, because you get Insta-Kill before the second palace. :(

Sorry, but I don't want to have to start the game over again just to go back to the old guide as I already cleared two palaces. ?

EDIT: Sorry about that, everything panned out. I'll post an update soon. I know this thread is not a help thread. :|

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 2