Platinum percentage

aaroncharles

Nooo, it's still demanding, the same problem touches each game from FromSoftware, because... Souls fans. Who are excruciatingly painful, when it comes to arguing with them or giving hints about other games, but are really pitting some time and skill in order to max out the potential of these games. + Most people on psnprofiles are trophy hunters, those games stand proud in sb's collection, add 2+2... In general, there are some serious curiosities, when it comes to comparison between trophy rarity here and on PSN. I am gradually giving up about looking info trophies' rarity anymore, because the high percentage of trophies got me away once or twice from giving a chance to a real jam or some VN. Not anymore and still, I've got some really important plats. 

Just don't think about it.

Edited by princefan2407

It is if your not familiar with dark souls and you play by the rules and offline

With  player summoning and cheese weapons this game become easilly a 4/10 IMO

Also you can ask for boosting

I struggled with one boss in particular, i wont spoil it here but i think its pretty common knowledge who that is.  I refused to summon anyone on my first run, but subsequent runs i summoned others and it was so much easier.  I actually did the PS4 version after the PS5 version and was much quicker with a different build. (magic was very OP)  I think with these souls games their difficulty has to be taken with a pinch of salt.  A large % of those that play these types of games are the hardcore souls fans and i think that tips the rareity of the plat. Having said that becuase of the open world approach (knowing you can run away from almost any fight) and how well the game was received by critics, i think it attracted some outside of that souls fan base.  If you havent played these games, i think this is a quite a good intro to the style of games and would recommend playing it.  You can also save scum the endings to save a couple of play throughs -  which i did on my second plat   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

It would be interesting to know how many of the casuals that have Elden Ring plat also have the Sekiro plat where you are on your own with no one to hand you the plat.

You can`t compare those Games. Sekiro was the only FromSoft Game i stopped playing because of the combat mechanic. its complete different from the other games.

Edited by SairenOne
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SairenOne said:

You can`t compare those Games. Sekiro was the only FromSoft Game i stopped playing because of the combat mechanic. its complete different from the other games.

Of course I can it's the same style and no coop which makes it arguably harder to plat.

8 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Of course I can it's the same style and no coop which makes it arguably harder to plat.

You can, but even without the co-op element, I'd argue it's not really a direct 1-to-1 comparison.

I generally don't summon often in Souls games, but even without co-op aspects, I still found Sekiro a significantly harder game than any of the others, primarily because of the removal of the "speccing" element.

In all other Souls games, part of the journey and the path to victory is in the tinkering with different weapons and builds, finding new items, crafting new things, experimenting with the builds, and finding a specific style of play that suits you, and the situation presented.

In Sekiro though, that side doesn't really exist - it's morel like picking up someone else's build, and you have to adapt too it, or die trying! ?

So the fights become much more about finesse and raw execution, than of preparedness and character / build dynamics. 

I liked Sekiro quite a bit, of course - no shade on Sekiro from me - but I'd say while it has some similarities to Souls games, it has as much that is in opposition to the standard Souls formula as it does in common with it.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

You can, but even without the co-op element, I'd argue it's not really a direct 1-to-1 comparison.

I generally don't summon often in Souls games, but even without co-op aspects, I still found Sekiro a significantly harder game than any of the others, primarily because of the removal of the "speccing" element.

In all other Souls games, part of the journey and the path to victory is in the tinkering with different weapons and builds, finding new items, crafting new things, experimenting with the builds, and finding a specific style of play that suits you, and the situation presented.

In Sekiro though, that side doesn't really exist - it's morel like picking up someone else's build, and you have to adapt too it, or die trying! 1f602.png

So the fights become much more a bout finesse and raw execution, than of preparedness and character / build dynamics. 

I liked Sekiro quite a bit, of course - no shade on Sekiro from me - but I'd say while it has some similarities to Souls games, it has as much that is in opposition to the standard souls formula as it does in common with it.

I'm not comparing them 1-1 though am I? I'm only comparing them because it's the same company and in my opinion similar style. And the fact it's aguably harder because there's no one to hold your hand.

2 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

I'm not comparing them 1-1 though am I? I'm only comparing them because it's the same company and in my opinion similar style. And the fact it's aguably harder because there's no one to hold your hand.

True - I'm just saying I think it'd be significantly harder regardless of the co-op.

Even playing solo, I'd argue Elden Ring is an easier game than Sekiro was.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

True - I'm just saying I think it'd be significantly harder regardless of the co-op.

Even playing solo, I'd argue Elden Ring is an easier game than Sekiro was.

I agree with this though others might not hence why I said arguably. The learning curve is imo also steeper in sekiro, combat is more "advanced". 

I find the difficulty rating of souls games in the guides to be a little inconsistent with how the difficulty is assigned to others games on PSNP. Difficulty ratings in guides for other games usually assume that you are following the guide and are playing on the easiest difficulty possible. I personally found the platinum for this game to be a lot easier than some of the other games I have played and platinum'd.

Edited by boorish_brute
  • Like 3

I think another thing that makes this a very easily obtainable plat is that, with a bit of save uploading, you can plat the game in one playthrough, plus a couple more hours, unlike the other ones where it is mandatory to play multiple times for rings and such.  And it is by far the easiest of From's games, but I loved it to bits