PS+ Discount until December 20th

LastMinuteSavior

Update:

PS+ is once again on sale in the US and EU stores.

Links: 30$ / 30€ / 25£ OFF for new and returning subscribers.

5ee637b6-3a0b-433e-9152-b2d6de9e360f.png

Stores seem to still be updating with the promotion, so try again later if you can't access immediately.

Original post:

I just ran out of Plus Premium, I'm now considering my options.

I'm well aware no one knows for sure, but can anyone make an educated guess (or just a regular guess) about the probability of Plus getting discounted on the PS Store during Black Friday or the Holiday Season?

And would it be discounted across all tiers or only PS+ Essential?

By the way, if only Essential gets a discount could we buy that and upgrade it to Premium/Extra/Deluxe and still save money?

Edited by LastMinuteSavior

They usually have a deal for Black Friday, as I remember stocking up on PS+ one year, but there's really no way of knowing for sure. Not sure about how it will work now with multiple tiers since we are in uncharted waters, but my guess is they would make a deal for each tier.

And yes, you can upgrade from Essential to Premium. If you buy discounted Essential.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 4

Im leaning towards them doing a promotion, at least to get the numbers up but its honestly kind of a toss up...

They have discounted PS+ and Now on Black Friday in the past but would they even discount the higher tiers or just Essential?

And the new Plus isnt even available at retail which would be important for a Black Friday deal.

42 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Sounds like you didn't read the full story:

"However, despite the decline in subscribers, Sony’s Network services revenue – which encompasses PS Plus and advertising (but not game purchases or add-on content) – actually increased by 10%, from ¥106 billion to ¥116 billion, which represents its best performance to date for a quarter.

That means Sony’s gaming division is making more money per subscriber than it was before, potentially reflecting the uptake of the more expensive subscription tiers introduced by PS Plus."

I did read the full story. Yes, they're making more money per subscriber, but I'm pretty sure they'd like those 2 million people back. Personally, I'd consider renewing my subscription if they offered a discount.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I did read the full story. Yes, they're making more money per subscriber, but I'm pretty sure they'd like those 2 million people back.

Yeah I don’t think these boardroom execs think like regular people. Instead of seeing their best quarter ever, they’re seeing that huge pile of extra cheddar that could have been in their pockets if those 2 million accounts had remained subscribed on top of their new subscription model. 

It’s usually a pretty safe bet that there will be some kind of PS+ subscription deal between Black Friday - Christmas and I’m sure this year will be no different. If there isn’t for some reason, I know a lot of people buy from 3rd party sites like cdkeys or whatever that sell discounted PS+, so OP could try looking into that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

... they'd like those 2 million people back. Personally, I'd consider renewing my subscription if they offered a discount.

I totally agree with your reasoning.

Sorry for assuming you hadn't read the article, but there's a billion people on Reddit, Twitter and YouTube commenting after only reading the headline.

These damn clickbait titles only help spread misinformation.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

...they’re seeing that huge pile of extra cheddar that could have been in their pockets if those 2 million accounts had remained subscribed...

Agreed.

Shareholders don't care about excuses, only about max profit.

Still, I think it's relevant that these lost subs were mainly from PS4 users.

And didn't they cut the service in Russia? That's a big hit right there.

But my doubt on Plus getting discounted this year is more about the current offering being so recent. They didn't discount PS Now for about a year when they revamped it, iirc.

17 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I know a lot of people buy from 3rd party sites like cdkeys or whatever that sell discounted PS+, so OP could try looking into that.

I've looked into that in the past. I didn't find anything trustworthy for my country, and I want to have the sub in my main account.

If you don't mind having the subscription on an alternate account (as in you don't need access to games previously available on essential tier and don't need streaming features), you might wanna look into getting it in another country - depending on your currency, the standard price might be much lower than the black Friday sale in your own country. 

2 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

If you don't mind having the subscription on an alternate account (as in you don't need access to games previously available on essential tier and don't need streaming features), you might wanna look into getting it in another country - depending on your currency, the standard price might be much lower than the black Friday sale in your own country. 

I don't recommend doing this as you're unable to access PS+ features like backing up saves on your alternate account.

2 hours ago, JavaNext said:

Im leaning towards them doing a promotion

1 hour ago, theSpirae said:

it should be discounted during Black Friday but no one knows

47 minutes ago, Lordguwa said:

should know by the time the 23rd or 25th of november

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952a25676ae167106d44

Guess I'll wait and see.

11 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

If you don't mind having the subscription on an alternate account (as in you don't need access to games previously available on essential tier and don't need streaming features)

Nope. I gotta have it ALL! ?

Edited by LastMinuteSavior

On 2022-11-01 at 0:08 PM, LastMinuteSavior said:

Agreed.

Shareholders don't care about excuses, only about max profit.

Still, I think it's relevant that these lost subs were mainly from PS4 users.

And didn't they cut the service in Russia? That's a big hit right there.

Whether PS4 or PS5 I think that is probably still relevant as it begs the question what happened to them, and it’s still lost money... But I had completely forgot to consider the War in Ukraine ?? and the way that might have impacted those statistics, that is a really great point dude!

I know they did sever ties with the service in Russia at one point during the massive Western business exodus that took place early on after the invasion and that would certainly account for those couple million subscriptions vanishing. That would also mean what I said above is not true and that Sony execs made a calculated decision and decided they were totally OK eating those numbers in order to remain on the good side at all the powers putting pressure on businesses to pull out of Russia.

• Like 1

Essential is 40$ in Latin America, so you can consider buying a card if there isn't a discount. 

I remember last year they did kind of a microsoft offer with the 1 month = 1 dollar for PS+ and PSNow. I had both back then but I'd have bought them right away any other day. 

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

I remember last year they did kind of a microsoft offer with the 1 month = 1 dollar for PS+ and PSNow.

Yeah, it happened in March or April 2021. I pulled the trigger immediately for a month of PS Now. Good stuff.

Edited by zizimonster
fixed typo

13 minutes ago, xh117 said:

If not November they might do a deal on December like last year, it was $30 for a year of plus if you weren't subbed (my sub ran out just in time for that).

Yeah, that's sorta what I'm thinking: even if they don't do it on Black Friday or before Christmas, I bet they'll do it on that End of the Year/January/whatever they call that sale that starts around the 25th of December.

That's usually when the best deals hit the store.

• Like 1

I don't know, the PS Store never has a great deal anyways, it's always like $20 off the regular price. I'm looking for sites like CDKeys or Eneba to hopefully do them as their deals were usually better. When I re-upped my PS+ in 2021, CDKeys had a year for $28, but they haven't been that low since...I paid $34 for this year. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I don't know, the PS Store never has a great deal anyways, it's always like $20 off the regular price.

Last year I believe I got both PS Plus and PS Now with 50% off from the official store.

I'm not expecting to be that lucky this year though. But I'll be content if I can get it with a 30% discount.