Trophy Thoughts

CelestialRequiem

Platinum looks way easier then the old ps3 list as theres no beat the game in 1 sitting and the boss rush is now 15 minutes instead of 10. But on the flipside the co-op trophies will probably be a pain because its local only(maybe doing it with share play could make them bearable)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jgm4789 said:

Platinum looks way easier then the old ps3 list as theres no beat the game in 1 sitting and the boss rush is now 15 minutes instead of 10. But on the flipside the co-op trophies will probably be a pain because its local only(maybe doing it with share play could make them bearable)

Co-op is local only?? Ugh that really kills my interest..

I was pretty hyped when I saw the list pop up. 

Edited by BeautifulTorment
  • Like 1

Holy cow, did I somehow miss this product's announcement. o.o A savvy choice to refresh for sure~

Fuckin' enjoyed Shatter immensely when I played it on Steam, ages ago. Never quite 100%'d it then but an alluring Platinum now may well induce major commitment.

Time Attack and Endless still should pose a barrier not effortlessly felled. B'] But yeah, a killer Breakout evolution, now with an ace Platinum to match. Great stuff!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

At least they were nice enough to make the co-op trophies DLC so it doesn't block the platinum if you don't have anyone proficient enough to play with locally.

It is up on the North American store https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4051-PPSA07116_00-3451554504653653

Only $10!

I know the original is like $8 or something on PS3, but given inflation for the past 13 years, the improvements and a new trophy set, it's worth it. Buying it immediately (even if I can't play it for a while). 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Icebrand1270 said:

Wow, I remember playing the original Shatter on PS3 on my old PSN ID back in 2009! Now it's back with a Platinum! "What's old is new again" holds true a LOT in games. But for once, I'm happy about it. Bring it on!

Came in to say the same thing. Decent price, I'm jumping in again.

• Like 1

I love this game and got the platinum on PS3, but the co-op trophies have soured me on the re-release. At least they're dlc, so the platinum is still doable solo, but I really don't care to replay it if I can't 100% it. 

I don't know why developers can't understand that trophies are primarily a single player affair. They knew enough to make them dlc, so why bother including them at all? 

Maybe they'll be doable solo with two controllers. Such a shame because everything else is great, including the price.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vergil said:

What is this game?

Is it good?

Haven't played this version , but the PS3 one was very, very good, yeah.

It essentially does for Archanoid what Pac Man Championship Edition did for Pac Man - taking the core concepts of the game, modernising every element, adding new stuff, finessing other things, but still managing to retain the bones and the original fun of the game intact, while turning it into something that feels new and old at the same time.

Also, the soundtrack is awesome.

• Like 3

I played the original and don’t remember this trophy:

Fringe Benefit
Get a score of 6,000,000 in Bonus Mode

Got it yesterday but it was a little bit challenging. You have 3 quick levels to try to get the high score of 6 million. My record was 5 untill I got into beast mode and had 5,9 before the last level. Ended up at 7,2. Took like 30-40 minutes of constant retries to get. 

Edit: Ok it was in the first game I found out but at 10 million! Wow that must have been tricky. 

Edited by Mattheuz

Never played the original but I'm finding the endless trophy absolutely insane. Unable to gather the shards using L2 without risking every ball coming toward me. Not sure what the strategy is, best I've done is 100million ? 

It seems harder than geometry wars dimensions and that was a challenging plat. 

• 2 weeks later...

So how is the general difficulty of getting all the trophies in this remastered version of Shatter for a novice player? I loved the original and got 100% with one of my old profiles but the "complete boss rush in under 10 minutes" trophy made me not play the first version on this profile. I remember I was very lucky when I got it the first time many years ago. I saw that the time requirement has fortunately been extended this time around ?

There's no online multiplayer in this version right? And all trophies are obtainable normally without glitches? Cheers for any info.

Edited by Cosmokeeper
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cosmokeeper said:

So how is the general difficulty of getting all the trophies in this remastered version of Shatter for a novice player? I loved the original and got 100% with one of my old profiles but the "complete boss rush in under 10 minutes" trophy made me not play the first version on this profile. I remember I was very lucky when I got it the first time many years ago. I saw that the time requirement has fortunately been extended this time around 1f44d.png

There's no online multiplayer in this version right? And all trophies are obtainable normally without glitches? Cheers for any info.

It’s an odd one as compared to the original release, because the trophies that were hardest in that version (Boss Rush and the Bonus Mode ones) are significantly easier this time…

… but there is trophies for Endurance Mode this time, which weren’t in the old version.

Those can take some practice, but as long as you get familiar with the ricochet technique, you’ll get them eventually.

I’d say the game is probably easier overall now on balance - by a small margin.

This time, Boss Rush and Bonus mode will be a cake-walk, but you might have some frustrations early on with Timed Mode and Endurance.

Its nothing insurmountable though - and the game is damned fun!

No online MP - couch coop only, so the DLC will take some time probably.
It feels possible to solo… but better with a friend, obviously.

I’m playing with my wife a few rounds at night, and we’re having a blast, so not worrying to much about trophies. We are getting better scores all the time, so will probably get there eventually!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

No online MP - couch coop only, so the DLC will take some time probably.
It feels possible to solo… but better with a friend, obviously.

I’m playing with my wife a few rounds at night, and we’re having a blast, so not worrying to much about trophies. We are getting better scores all the time, so will probably get there eventually!

I just got the 100% myself and I have to say the co-op was easier solo for me. Me and my girlfriend have been trying for a few days here and there, but it was hard getting coordination together. ? 

Decent game though, but the trophies are way easier than first game. I played it back in 2009, before I started getting trophies.

Endless/co-op we're the hardest trophies to get for me personally. Takes some getting used to and you'll need a little bit of luck of what items appear.

I'd say the game is a 6/10 for the trophies.

Also, it's nice to see myself at the top of some of the leaderboards. ??

Top in:

Story Mode

Endless

Time Attack

Bonus Mode

So go beat me people. ? 

• Like 1