Is this game coming to PS4?

Jerry_Appleby

I saw the release trailer yesterday from Playstation. It only stated PS5 in the trailer so I highly doubt it's currently planned for a ps4 release. Who knows though, maybe it will happen. I'm in the same boat. Not planning on getting a PS5 for this so I probably gonna end up getting the Switch version myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Monkey Island 3 is still the best of the MI series imo, I don't know why Double Fine have not thought about remastering it like they did with Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango and of course there is also Toonstruck too which has never got a remaster either, now that is game that you would need a guide/Walkthrough as that is a really hard one.   

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

Monkey Island 3 is still the best of the MI series imo, I don't know why Double Fine have not thought about remastering it like they did with Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango and of course there is also Toonstruck too which has never got a remaster either, now that is game that you would need a guide/Walkthrough as that is a really hard one.   

It sucks honestly. Like I have Grim Fandango, Day Of The Tentacle on VIta, perfect system to play these games, I would have bought MOnkey Island 1, 2, 3, Indy jones Fate Of Atlantis, Loom etc.

But...... so slow and not bothering to release them at all, and Vita already not supported.

I mean honestly PS5 only just seems dumb, especially when Elden Ring and the new God Of War have releases. A crappy looking Monkey Island that could easily be on PS3 and Vita not coming to PS4 just seems stupid.

• Like 3

On 11/2/2022 at 5:19 AM, enaysoft said:

Yeah this is what I thought as well, considering how poor the graphics look that they could easily be on a PS3 or Vita and it's out on Switch too, I would be surprised if there isn't a PS4 version.

When you don't understand art direction and have publicly embarrassed yourself online. ^

Edited by danistheguy
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/11/2022 at 3:45 AM, JWill_55 said:

How about a physical copy ? 
assuming not but thought I’d ask

LimitedRunGames is currently doing physical copies of Return to Monkey Island for Switch, PS5 and Xbox Series X.

Regarding the PS5 version, just wondering if it ever received any patches and how long ago the last one came out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drlight66 said:

LimitedRunGames is currently doing physical copies of Return to Monkey Island for Switch, PS5 and Xbox Series X.

Regarding the PS5 version, just wondering if it ever received any patches and how long ago the last one came out?

Look forward to the physical.

I thought I saw a patch in the last week or two. I’m long done with the game so not sure what it does, but must mention I never had a problem when playing it pre-patch. 

I really wish this came out on PS4 as I'm not looking to buy a PS5 anytime soon but this might be the 1st PS5 game I buy (LRG release) before I buy a console at some point in the next few years.

I agree with the above comments about the VITA, it was a perfect console to release this on if the VITA was still a thing (only a decade too soon).

I really wish the Monkey Island 1 & 2 remasters made it to the VITA, I still hope they might make it over in a future hack but I don't think it is on any ones radar.

Edited by savageamusement