Question about the multiplayer

I'm thinking of starting this game and going for the platinum but I see there are some issues with the multiplayer, I tried to matchmake yesterday for about an hour and didn't find any games. I think this is still possible since people earned the trophies like 2 days ago but how did they do that?

Edited by Stevieboy

The servers have never been good for this game but all bar 2 of the online trophies can be done solo and in private lobbies. For the 2 co-op trophies, you need someone with a mic and good co-ordination but you can get both of them done in a couple of hours

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DeidaraSasori said:

I tried to get into a game with 2 consoles but only the host can get in, the other gets kicked. Is there a work around this? I’ve seen the play together thing in other thread but PlayStation removed this feature so I have no idea how to even invite people. 

The invites system was broken with one patch, fixed with another one but subsequently broken again with the patch after that one so all you can do is keep spamming invites until one gets through and actually works. Also, the PS5 apparently has the Party join feature that was removed from the PS4 so if you know someone with a PS5, you can get the online stuff done there with less hassle.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DeidaraSasori said:

I tried to get into a game with 2 consoles but only the host can get in, the other gets kicked. Is there a work around this? I’ve seen the play together thing in other thread but PlayStation removed this feature so I have no idea how to even invite people. 

It's going to be a lot easier with a real person, not a 2nd console. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

It's going to be a lot easier with a real person, not a 2nd console. 

I'd go one step futher. Considering the score requirements for the later waves, I don't think you can self boost with 2 consoles. You need to consistently pull off team skillshots to hit the goals. If anyone has actually done it with two consoles, feel free to tell me otherwise, but damn that must have been rough.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DeidaraSasori said:

Apparently to create a session you need to earn at least 1 trophy in the game, but I don’t wanna start it without knowing I can finish it (I’m a completist)

You only need to earn a trophy in A game, not necessarily this one. 0% games don't show up on your profile here until a change has been detected by the forum software so just earn a trophy in any game, then sync it and update your profile here for the game to show up in the Sessions creator.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

Wrong. You only need to earn a trophy in A game, not necessarily this one. 0% games don't show up on your profile here until a change has been detected in it by the forum software so just earn a trophy in any game, then sync it and update your profile here for the game to show up in the Sessions creator.

Oh yeah forgot about that, thanks for reminding but I also don’t have more games to earn trophies in ?. Also are you on 24/7?

1 minute ago, DeidaraSasori said:

Oh yeah forgot about that, thanks for reminding but I also don’t have more games to earn trophies in 1f602.png. Also are you on 24/7?

1: If you're desperate, there are plenty of 30 second shovelware titles out there for next to nothing that will work for this :).

2: No, just most of the time :).

I suspect this is one of many ps4 games that has an ip blocker on the servers ie it rejects 2 consoles on the same network IP from connecting to each other. A way around it would be for your second console to be run off a Hotspot created by a mobile device, but this game needs players you can't double box it. 

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The invites system was broken with one patch, fixed with another one but subsequently broken again with the patch after that one so all you can do is keep spamming invites until one gets through and actually works. Also, the PS5 apparently has the Party join feature that was removed from the PS4 so if you know someone with a PS5, you can get the online stuff done there with less hassle.

I don’t see the  join feature on the PS5 maybe they removed it too ?

On 2.11.2022 at 2:54 PM, DeidaraSasori said:

Hard to find someone.

Tbh, it's gonna be impossible to do it on your own unless there's some method I am not aware of, when me and my best friend went for the trophies, sometimes we were really close to failing a wave, even when we tried the method that's "the best". make a session with someone and just wait. It's not going anywhere, one weekend and it's done.

• Like 1