PSVR 2 Launching 22/2/23, Cost is $549.99, €599.99, £529.99

Breakingthegreen

I expected it to cost more, it has good specs, some specs better than way more expensive headsets, especially the high res OLED HDR display

but there's no games I want to use it for so I won't buy it, maybe years later there will be a few games for me, who knows

the first PSVR had decent support, but they'll have to do way better now

Edited by The Investigator
  • Like 1

LMAO I really don't know what they're thinking, so £530 for this and £210 for a Dual Sense Edge controller in today's society and the cost of living and god knows what else asking a price that's worth more than the console is beyond crazy, and I do not see many people buying it as the VR does not play the old games from VR 1 as for some people that is a dealbreaker.

• Like 2

I too actually expected it to be more.. I am still interested but two things outstanding still... need to see more in the way of games, only a couple of those introduced today interest me... and I am far-sighted and require glasses for anything close... I am going to need to "SEE" someone using them or be able to try them before I commit money to this instead of putting something else in my gun safe...

Any price expectations of $400 or less were always pipe dreams. I was expecting it to cost at least $500 with the specs being offered.

I'm very late to the original PSVR but I'm really enjoying it so far. Of course, since it's so late in that headset's lifecycle it certainly helps that I got a full bundle at a cheap price ($250). I'll probably get the new headset at some point, but not right away. I'll wait until Sony and/or major retailers offer it on sale, whenever that happens. Maybe holiday 2023 or 2024?

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
  • Like 2

No interest in it. Price is a bit shocking. Kind of hope this ends up being either a flop, or hard to come by so we see the people whine about never finding one and when they do it's too expensive. 

I have ps5 and series x, dont care to get switch OLED (hate the switch period), and dont care for VR. May as well just get a 2nd PS5 at that point instead of VR2. 

I see a bunch of people talking about the price, so I'm gonna play devil's advocate for it a little, the original PSVR cost $400, the PS4 camera in 2013 launched for $60, and the released Move Controllers for the VR were $100, so the true price of the original VR was either $460, or $560. Depending if you were willing to cut out a portion of the library. 

For the PSVR 2, this will be one lump sum.

Someone could make the argument therefore that the price this time is just more honest.

(personally I had a camera and move controllers before hand so this is gonna be a price hike for me.)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

I see a bunch of people talking about the price, so I'm gonna play devil's advocate for it a little, the original PSVR cost $400, the PS4 camera in 2013 launched for $60, and the released Move Controllers for the VR were $100, so the true price of the original VR was either $460, or $560. Depending if you were willing to cut out a portion of the library. 

Someone could make the argument therefore that the price this time is just more honest.

(personally I had a camera and move controllers before hand so this is gonna be a price hike for me.)

I also waited for a big pricedrop on PSVR1 before buying it will be same this time around. I live in Spain many people earn around €800 per month so the price is eyewatering.

The price is pretty much as bad as the original PSVR was at launch to function (adjusted for inflation, roughly), so that won't do this one any favors. And I understand why they have a wire in the design, but it will be a turnoff for many.

It's frustrating it has no backwards compatibility at all with PSVR. I might snag the original PSVR in the next 6 months or so while they're at their cheapest and still in stock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, breakingthegreen said:

Price is especially reasonable when you consider the impressive tech and features that'll make this the best vr headset on the market while also being cheaper than the competition. Sony is likely raising the bar for vr headsets with this one now all that's left to be seen is how they'll support it and the quality of games. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk

I spent £200 on the first one and have played about 5 VR games on it and used it more as a second monitor when the TV was being used in the end. The lack of games combined with motion sickness on any big games like Skyrim. I'll be waiting for a price drop, maybe next year in black friday and see what games support VR and read reviews on if the motion sickness has improved or if you'll still be wearing your breakfast. 

I was really hyped over the first one and was really dissapointed that after 5-10 mins I'd be left in cold sweats and no matter how much I tried to force myself through to find my VR legs it just never happened 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Must be an early April Fools. Imagine asking people to pay more than the console for an accessory.

VR isn't really in the realm of being cheap. It's still very much an enthusiast driven part of gaming where you're paying a high price for many pieces of experimental hardware and software compared to a traditional console. That's also part of the appeal for many people.

VR really isn't ready for mass market for most people, but for the demographic this is intended for the price it's asking it isn't as outrageous as many would think.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

Dead on arrival? Things to consider: price, launch line up, no backwards compatibility, need a PS5 too, unknown games during launch year, etc. I don't know. As much as I want to support new hardware by PS it pains me to think that it may not bring as much value to me and my gaming time. We shall see.

• Like 3