Error Code CE-34878-0

GMVehox

Hello guys, i need your help!

Lately I've been getting the error code *CE-34878-0* just random quite often when I'm playing some games.

The game just crashes in the middle of my gameplay and all my saved data is gone - that's really frustrating. 

Does someone know how to fix this?

I've noticed that this mostly happens with new games - maybe Sony is giving me a sign that i should finally get a PS5... ?

Thanks for every tip!

Edited by SoLiD_FLaMezZx

That's just a generic crash error so can be caused by anything. If it's only specific games that are affected, your best bet is to report the problem directly to the respective developers. Running through the database repair options in safe mode can sometimes help but more often than not, it's a bug that only the devs can fix. The only thing you can do about the saves, is to make frequent backups but disable the auto-upload so no bad saves get uploaded.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SoLiD_FLaMezZx said:

Lately I've been getting the error code *CE-34878-0* just random quite often when I'm playing some games.

The game just crashes in the middle of my gameplay and all my saved data is gone - that's really frustrating. 

It's a pretty common error on PS4. I've encountered it a few times. For instance, when playing Little Nightmares, it occured at least 5 or 6 times, but never occurs in games I've recently played, like Stray, Inside, and/or Last Stop. Besides, this error has never deleted my save data, except when I played The Count Lucanor many moons ago.

Nonetheless, if it happens in every game you play, your HDD may be on its last legs.

• Like 1