I get crash and error app automatically

Tiricy

Every time I run the game I get error code " CE-108255-1 on PS5 & CE-34878-0 PS4 then close app automatically, also I tried disc version and digital version it's same thing. Just only happened with my main account and all other accounts work fine. I can't play any mode like War Zone, Campaign, Multiplayer. Do you have guys any solution for this issue? I'm really give up with Support Activision I contact them for 1 Year nothing changed or fix it.

678710255.png 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
20 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Have you tried playing offline, then turning your console's internet connection back on after the game has finished loading?

I will try it tonight. 

On 5/7/2023 at 5:03 PM, HuntingFever said:

Have you tried playing offline, then turning your console's internet connection back on after the game has finished loading?

it's same thing nothing changed.

On 5/11/2023 at 0:43 PM, HuntingFever said:

Have you tried running the database repair option in safe mode?

I try it, it’s same issue. Now that glitch happened again to must players of FIFA 23 PS5 after latest updated. 

13 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

This is the nuclear option but I'm out of alternatives - have you tried deleting your account, then recreating it?

Yeah, I tried to delete it with the Activision account but when I reconnect it again that issue happened again. I have just only once every year.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 9:55 PM, HuntingFever said:

This is the nuclear option but I'm out of alternatives - have you tried deleting your account, then recreating it?

I try everything doesn't work for me. Can you help me with any idea I will show you the link on youtube about my issue. 

Edited by Tiricy

18 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Other than trying another console on the off chance that's the problem, I have absolutely no idea what's causing this :(.

I try it many times on another console it's the same issue. I dunno why Activision supports doesn't fix that issue. I talk to them about the crash and there was no help. Also, all of them give me just a tutorial about the main issues and I explain to them but nothing changed. 

Edited by Tiricy
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, coopbuh said:

im getting this error too, only crashes when i die and restarting from a checkpoint. if i dont die it doesnt crash 

I know what you feel, I had this issue for more than one year. Finally, I Deleted the game forever.

Edited by Tiricy

22 hours ago, Tiricy said:

I know what you feel, I had this issue for more than one year. Finally, I Deleted the game forever.

what im gonna do is finish the mission on an easier difficulty and hopefully it wont crash and the CE error is only mission specific. Otherwise ill have to restart the entire game just to attempt from last checkpoint until i manage to get it. My BO4 has also been crashing with same error code. But alot less regularly so im very confused as to whats going on rn.

4 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Been wanting to play this for a while but all the crashing reports have put me off, I thought the issue was fixed by disabling subtitles? 

got a partial fix, playing the campaign on recruit has made it so i dont crash, even when i die. SO ill be able to get all trophys apart from veteran playthrough. but hoping it wpnt break again once i revert back to that difficulty

• 1 month later...
On 18/05/2023 at 0:01 PM, Tiricy said:

I try it many times on another console it's the same issue. I dunno why Activision supports doesn't fix that issue. I talk to them about the crash and there was no help. Also, all of them give me just a tutorial about the main issues and I explain to them but nothing changed. 

My friend is also having this problem. The most annoying thing is, he can play it using his alts on the same console with no problems.

We have tried everything we can think of to help him get it to work. I'm sure it's a problem with the Activision account "handshake" when connecting to PSN. The problem is Activision needs to take ownership of this and fix it, because this has been a bug since launch and as far as I can tell, is even in Modern Warfare 2.

One thing that one of my friends suggested was to delete any DLC skins, if you have them installed. His theory is that the Battle Royal is full of hackers who may have broken something. There's some evidence online to support this being a thing. It sounds like you have tried everything else, so it may be worth a shot, if applicable.

This game has to communicate with PSN, XBox and I guess Steam, plus/via the dedicated Activision account server. There are a huge amount of things that can go wrong. Activision is clearly aware of this problem, but I suppose it now only affects a small percentage of their players so they no longer care.

If we find a fix I will let you know Tiricy.

On 18/06/2023 at 5:59 AM, coopbuh said:

im getting this error too, only crashes when i die and restarting from a checkpoint. if i dont die it doesnt crash 

I had this exact issue tonight. I had been playing the game without any problems. On Sunday, the game was really laggy and stuttering - in single player.

Tonight, I had the same issue as you for the first time, game just crashed with a CE-34878-0 error after dying (restart checkpoint didn't crash it). However, when I restarted checkpoint, instead of the game crashing, I couldn't fire my weapon, which is super helpful in a shooter.... 

I solved both issues by playing with no Internet and then it worked perfectly. 

I really have no idea how a single player game can be so broken as to have these issues if connected to the Internet, but here we are.

The worst thing is, Activision knows about this:

https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare/articles/crashes-or-game-freezes-in-call-of-duty-modern-warfare

Gotta love this line:

You've ruled everything out. Now what?

If your PlayStation 4 is up to date and in good working order, there might be an issue with your PlayStation 4 console. Please contact PlayStation Support for assistance.

Literally the "not my problem" meme. 

What makes it even worse is that Sony support is useless. I had a problem with Uncharted Remastered and they told me to contact the publisher. How can you work for Sony and not know Uncharted is a game you publish? I have no words.

So all that will happen is Activision will deflect you to Sony and Sony back to Activision and nothing will get fixed.

Anyway, I hope playing offline fixes your problem.

On 8/16/2023 at 2:26 AM, baboon_overlord said:

My friend is also having this problem. The most annoying thing is, he can play it using his alts on the same console with no problems.

We have tried everything we can think of to help him get it to work. I'm sure it's a problem with the Activision account "handshake" when connecting to PSN. The problem is Activision needs to take ownership of this and fix it, because this has been a bug since launch and as far as I can tell, is even in Modern Warfare 2.

One thing that one of my friends suggested was to delete any DLC skins, if you have them installed. His theory is that the Battle Royal is full of hackers who may have broken something. There's some evidence online to support this being a thing. It sounds like you have tried everything else, so it may be worth a shot, if applicable.

This game has to communicate with PSN, XBox and I guess Steam, plus/via the dedicated Activision account server. There are a huge amount of things that can go wrong. Activision is clearly aware of this problem, but I suppose it now only affects a small percentage of their players so they no longer care.

If we find a fix I will let you know Tiricy.

I had this exact issue tonight. I had been playing the game without any problems. On Sunday, the game was really laggy and stuttering - in single player.

Tonight, I had the same issue as you for the first time, game just crashed with a CE-34878-0 error after dying (restart checkpoint didn't crash it). However, when I restarted checkpoint, instead of the game crashing, I couldn't fire my weapon, which is super helpful in a shooter.... 

I solved both issues by playing with no Internet and then it worked perfectly. 

I really have no idea how a single player game can be so broken as to have these issues if connected to the Internet, but here we are.

The worst thing is, Activision knows about this:

https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare/articles/crashes-or-game-freezes-in-call-of-duty-modern-warfare

Gotta love this line:

Literally the "not my problem" meme. 

What makes it even worse is that Sony support is useless. I had a problem with Uncharted Remastered and they told me to contact the publisher. How can you work for Sony and not know Uncharted is a game you publish? I have no words.

So all that will happen is Activision will deflect you to Sony and Sony back to Activision and nothing will get fixed.

Anyway, I hope playing offline fixes your problem.

It's the same as what happened to you happened to me. I tried "two" years with Activision nothing changed. It was baggy by Activision. Finally, I decided to delete the game, but If you have any way to play offline to get 100% trophies on this game I will appreciate it because I think you can't play Special Ops mode offline.

Edited by Tiricy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiricy said:

It's the same as what happened to you happened to me. I tried "two" years with Activision nothing changed. It was baggy by Activision. Finally, I decided to delete the game, but If you have any way to play offline to get 100% trophies on this game I will appreciate it because I think you can't play Special Ops mode offline.

Hi Tiricy. The multiplayer and Special Operations can be played using LAN and Xlink Kai:

https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

I had a look for my friend the other day. None of the missions you need for the single DLC trophy were available BUT I don't know if they would show up if you had four people in the lobby. Other than one out of date reddit post, I haven't been able to find anything about this online.

1 hour ago, baboon_overlord said:

Hi Tiricy. The multiplayer and Special Operations can be played using LAN and Xlink Kai:

https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

I had a look for my friend the other day. None of the missions you need for the single DLC trophy were available BUT I don't know if they would show up if you had four people in the lobby. Other than one out of date reddit post, I haven't been able to find anything about this online.

Really, I don't have any idea how is work LAN and Xlink Kai? can you please explain? also, how can I invite my friends if I go offline on the game? I'm really scared the trophy not pop.

Edited by Tiricy

5 hours ago, Tiricy said:

Really, I don't have any idea how is work LAN and Xlink Kai? can you please explain? also, how can I invite my friends if I go offline on the game? I'm really scared the trophy not pop.

Xlink allows you to play as if your friends were in the same room on their consoles, but over the Internet.

It's totally approved by this site, as long as you on official firmware.

The setup guide is here: https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/PlayStation_4_XLink_Kai_Setup

The trophies should pop the same as they would in the online version (assuming the missions you need are actually playable offline, which I don't know if they are). If they are available, and assuming Activision aren't totally useless, the trophy should pop the same as it does playing online.

Sorry I can't be more helpful at this stage, I don't have enough friends to test it with now as two of them were renting the game and don't have it anymore.

• Like 1