Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - VETERAN Playthrough

Welcome to my Veteran Walkthrough of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II. This series will help you through all missions as quickly and painless as possible.

I would rate the difficulty 5/10 - The Spec Ops mission Denied Area is worse than this, in my opinion.

Trophy earned: - Cutting Heads off Snakes - Finish all Campaign missions on Veteran or Realism difficulty. [Gold]

PART 1:

MISSION 1: Strike

MISSION 2: Kill or Capture

PART 2:

MISSION 3: Wetwork 

MISSION 4: Tradecraft 

MISSION 5: Borderline 

MISSION 6: Cartel Protection 

PART 3:

MISSION 7: Close Air 

MISSION 8: Hardpoint 

MISSION 9: Recon By Fire 

PART 4:

MISSION 10: Violence And Timing 

MISSION 11: El Sin Nombre 

PART 5:

MISSION 12: Dark Water

MISSION 13: Alone 

PART 6:

MISSION 14: Prison Break 

MISSION 15: Hindsight 

PART 7:

MISSION 16: Ghost Team 

MISSION 17: Countdown 

Edited by Ben-Gun
  • Like 4

I'd give it a 6/10, it's one of the harder CoD campaigns on Veteran, after the first 3, the original MW and its remastered version and CoD 5. In Recon by Fire you get one shot instakilled by enemies and many have armour. Other enemies on some missions can 2 shot kill you so you will be waiting to regain health, other than that it's fairly straightforward.

Edited since I remembered CoD 5 and its grenade spamming. I'd say this is on the tricky side of medium difficulty.

Edited by MiloFPS
  • Like 2

The game was surprisingly tough at times even on regular but plenty of checkpoints made it doable, I'd give it about 5/10.
Just one life-saving tip for you - Riot Shield is a miracle, especially in a tank fight in Ghost Team. I recommend picking it up every time you see one. Other than that, just take it slow and you should be fine.

7 hours ago, czDante92 said:

The game was surprisingly tough at times even on regular but plenty of checkpoints made it doable, I'd give it about 5/10.
Just one life-saving tip for you - Riot Shield is a miracle, especially in a tank fight in Ghost Team. I recommend picking it up every time you see one. Other than that, just take it slow and you should be fine.

Agreed!!! I used Riot Shield for Prison Break, Ghost Team and Countdown in the videos. Especially helps in the Graves boss fight. 

• Like 1

This is way harder than Veteran in Modern Warfare 2019. I don't recall having any major stumbling points in that game but I spent several hours on Recon by Fire and now I'm having a hell of a time with Dark Water. In Dark Water with all the crates sliding around, do I have to move up to stop enemy spawns or can I try to pick them off from the few points of cover where a crate can't crush me?

As for checkpoints, when you get them seems wildly inconsistent. Sometimes they will trigger every 5 steps and other times, like in Recon by Fire, you'll have to fight large battles again if you die during the next battle. Think I'm just going to drop the difficulty to save my sanity and maybe finish what I have left of Veteran at a later time. 

Edited by Killbomb

On 11/4/2022 at 9:11 AM, MiloFPS said:

I'd give it a 6/10, it's one of the harder CoD campaigns on Veteran, after the first 3, the original MW and its remastered version and CoD 5. In Recon by Fire you get one shot instakilled by enemies and many have armour. Other enemies on some missions can 2 shot kill you so you will be waiting to regain health, other than that it's fairly straightforward.

Edited since I remembered CoD 5 and its grenade spamming. I'd say this is on the tricky side of medium difficulty.

i promise you every mw campaign is pretty easy, defo not one of the hardest