unable to connect second device

fudgeroach

i realise this is a long shot because the game is pretty old and probably doesnt work anymore but i figure ill try to ask anyway

whenever ive tried to connect a second device to this game, something happens where both devices are registered but instead of being 2 seperate people, they both show as the same person thus making the game unplayable because the menu just says "waiting for both players" to select the new game option, so ive been unable to get any of the multiplayer trophies

ive been searching for a solution for a while, but i think the games lack of audience plus how old it is PLUS the fact that playlink isnt a thing anymore, i havent been able to find one that works

ive tried doing the thing where i use the playstations hotspot to connect the devices and that didnt work, i also tried using devices that weren't both mine in case that was interfering with the process somehow but it also didnt work

if anyone whos played this game recently has managed to get 2 devices connected AND have them both work, how did u manage it? id rly love to have this game completed and off my backlog

Edited by fudgeroach

On 03/11/2022 at 11:46 AM, fudgeroach said:

i realise this is a long shot because the game is pretty old and probably doesnt work anymore but i figure ill try to ask anyway

whenever ive tried to connect a second device to this game, something happens where both devices are registered but instead of being 2 seperate people, they both show as the same person thus making the game unplayable because the menu just says "waiting for both players" to select the new game option, so ive been unable to get any of the multiplayer trophies

ive been searching for a solution for a while, but i think the games lack of audience plus how old it is PLUS the fact that playlink isnt a thing anymore, i havent been able to find one that works

ive tried doing the thing where i use the playstations hotspot to connect the devices and that didnt work, i also tried using devices that weren't both mine in case that was interfering with the process somehow but it also didnt work

if anyone whos played this game recently has managed to get 2 devices connected AND have them both work, how did u manage it? id rly love to have this game completed and off my backlog

I'm having the exact same problem. Bought a new phone recently (miraculously before losing/destroying my old one) and thought it would be a great time to clear it off the backlog. 

However, I can't seem to get both devices connected either. One connects and then seem to sputter in and out of working. I wondered whether it was something to do with me playing on PS5 rather than PS4. Also considered using two different devices (as both are my iPhones), but you seem to suggest that doesn't work. 

Kinda annoying really. 

4 hours ago, Finch_III said:

I'm having the exact same problem. Bought a new phone recently (miraculously before losing/destroying my old one) and thought it would be a great time to clear it off the backlog. 

However, I can't seem to get both devices connected either. One connects and then seem to sputter in and out of working. I wondered whether it was something to do with me playing on PS5 rather than PS4. Also considered using two different devices (as both are my iPhones), but you seem to suggest that doesn't work. 

Kinda annoying really. 

yeahh, it didnt work on either ps4 OR ps5 for me thats how long ive been tryin to get this to work :']

its unfortunate if there isnt a solution because it'd be such an easy plat otherwise

but fingers crossed someone comes along and knows how to do it since there Are recent dates on the latest achievers for the multiplayer trophies

15 hours ago, fudgeroach said:

yeahh, it didnt work on either ps4 OR ps5 for me thats how long ive been tryin to get this to work :']

its unfortunate if there isnt a solution because it'd be such an easy plat otherwise

but fingers crossed someone comes along and knows how to do it since there Are recent dates on the latest achievers for the multiplayer trophies

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how it all works, but I'm guessing the developers perhaps aren't updating the app to keep it compatible with the latest iOS or Android operating systems? 

That said, I have an iPhone 14 and it works okay with that, provided I want to play solo. So who knows. 

• 3 months later...
On 06/11/2022 at 11:21 PM, fudgeroach said:

Hey man, just to resurrect this thread again. I tried using my old PS4 at my girlfriend's thinking it might be some weird router issue or something. It didn't work. 

However, I deleted the apps on both my phones and reinstalled them. And it worked! Such a simple solution, that you might have already tried tbh. But I think in my situation it's because the phone I was using for player 2 was quite an old phone. I'm thinking maybe it had missed a couple of automatic updates because it was switched off? I notice Hidden Agenda was actually updated recently as well. 

I have no idea if that'll work for you, but I thought I'd mention it! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2023 at 10:18 AM, Finch_III said:

Hey man, just to resurrect this thread again. I tried using my old PS4 at my girlfriend's thinking it might be some weird router issue or something. It didn't work. 

However, I deleted the apps on both my phones and reinstalled them. And it worked! Such a simple solution, that you might have already tried tbh. But I think in my situation it's because the phone I was using for player 2 was quite an old phone. I'm thinking maybe it had missed a couple of automatic updates because it was switched off? I notice Hidden Agenda was actually updated recently as well. 

I have no idea if that'll work for you, but I thought I'd mention it! 

i just tried this and it seems to be working a treat!! should have the plat by the end of the day :D

cant believe i didnt try just reinstalling the apps sooner, feel like a bloody idiot :']

but thanks so much for the update, i guess the most obvious solutions arent always the ones that come to you first

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, fudgeroach said:

i just tried this and it seems to be working a treat!! should have the plat by the end of the day :D

cant believe i didnt try just reinstalling the apps sooner, feel like a bloody idiot :']

but thanks so much for the update, i guess the most obvious solutions arent always the ones that come to you first

Yeah, I got the plat for it last week, after nearly 6 years on my backlog haha. 

Glad it seems to be working for you too (and hopefully anyone else who comes across this problem). I felt like kinda silly myself after I did it – especially after I tried a bunch of way more complicated solutions fiddling with my router and internal PS5 settings etc! :) 

• Like 2