Level 99 hardcore trophy counter bugged?

Afura_33

Hello,

I am wondering if someone has the same issue on the ps5, when I go to the trophy list in the sony playstation menu (and also on psn profiles) it says where the new counter is 90/99 for the level 99 trophy and for the level 99 hardcore trophy the counter says 31/99 . It is like this since a month now and hasn't changed, the weird thing is that my hardcore character is level 94, but according to the level 99 trophy I would be level 90 and according to the hardcore level 99 trophy I would be level 31. I don't get why the numbers are not moving to 94, is this some kind of bug? I am afraid that when (if I really manage to do it lol) I will hit level 99 that both trophies won't pop up :/ . I already asked a friend if he has the same thing, but for him the counter works as it should. I often switch between pc and playstation 5, not sure if this is messing up with my trophies :/ , however for all the other trophies it has worked out so far. 

Edit: The 2 trophies that are concerned are "It's only 3,520,485,254 XP" and "I'm gonna do what's called a pro gamer move"

Edited by Afura_33
  • Like 2

maybe going offline messed up the counter

try switching to online for a bit and let the server catch up to your offline progress
Maybe stop switching between pc and playstation

Its the same game but they are two different operating systems

coding on consoles i imagine is different than pc

these are just stabs in the dark

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

maybe going offline messed up the counter

try switching to online for a bit and let the server catch up to your offline progress
Maybe stop switching between pc and playstation

Its the same game but they are two different operating systems

coding on consoles i imagine is different than pc

these are just stabs in the dark

Hello,

I am playing online on the battlenet, all my characters are online, I never made an offline character. I am mostly switching to pc because there are almost no games on the playstation and also no terror zones which makes it harder to level. I hope I didn't mess up anything, I tried already to manually sync the trophies with the sony network, but it didn't change anything. 

Edited by Afura_33

47 minutes ago, Afura_33 said:

Hello,

I am playing online on the battlenet, all my characters are online, I never made an offline character. I am mostly switching to pc because there are almost no games on the playstation and also no terror zones which makes it harder to level. I hope I didn't mess up anything, I tried already to manually sync the trophies with the sony network, but it didn't change anything. 

Thats really sketchy

sorry i dont have a better response for you

hope it gets fixed

Personally i wouldnt try for 99 until it gets fixed, i mean keep leveling but you know, stop short of 99 until then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Property_Damage said:

Thats really sketchy

sorry i dont have a better response for you

hope it gets fixed

Personally i wouldnt try for 99 until it gets fixed, i mean keep leveling but you know, stop short of 99 until then

I have checked out the blizzard forum and I found an other guy with the same issue, but on the xbox.  Apparently this bug with cross save exists since one year now but has never been fixed by blizzard and I highly doubt that they will ever fix this. I think I will have to do the trophy offline only on my ps5, man man this will be a long run, not sure if I am ready for this without terror zones and I personally do not wanna use the dia clone dupe thingy lol. 

Edited by Afura_33

1 hour ago, Afura_33 said:

I have checked out the blizzard forum and I found an other guy with the same issue, but on the xbox.  Apparently this bug with cross save exists since one year now but has never been fixed by blizzard and I highly doubt that they will ever fix this. I think I will have to do the trophy offline only on my ps5, man man this will be a long run, not sure if I am ready for this without terror zones and I personally do not wanna use the dia clone dupe thingy lol. 

Terror zones im sure will be added into single player at some point they just need to figure out how to implement them because right now they are controlled server-side

you dont need to do the d clone method, its just safer then chaos runs but chaos runs are more beneficial

im up to 96 offline single player

9 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Terror zones im sure will be added into single player at some point they just need to figure out how to implement them because right now they are controlled server-side

you dont need to do the d clone method, its just safer then chaos runs but chaos runs are more beneficial

im up to 96 offline single player

Yea that's why I was thinking that terror zones won't make it to offline because for now it is server sided like you mentioned.

I will do it with a class that I love playing, but am still thinking about which character to take, either druid or assa. Both characters can be respeced to do ubers which is nice so i can get a torch, but I think kicksin will need pretty good gear to do it which will be an issue for solo selffound. Respecing into werebear would be cheaper and less gear dependent, it's slow but he can do it is easily since the patch 2.4 . Any idea if wind druid and trap assa is any good for players 8? I will need a build that can do players 8, otherwise the grind will take too long. Fury werewolf druid could also do players 8, but it is maybe a bit slow. I know that summon druid can do players 8 even with crappy gear, but it's not the fastet build either. 

Gz to level 96, not bad.

Edited by Afura_33
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Afura_33 said:

Yea that's why I was thinking that terror zones won't make it to offline because for now it is server sided like you mentioned.

I will do it with a class that I love playing, but am still thinking about which character to take, either druid or assa. Both characters can be respeced to do ubers which is nice so i can get a torch, but I think kicksin will need pretty good gear to do it which will be an issue for solo selffound. Respecing into werebear would be cheaper and less gear dependent, it's slow but he can do it is easily since the patch 2.4 . Any idea if wind druid and trap assa is any good for players 8? I will need a build that can do players 8, otherwise the grind will take too long. Fury werewolf druid could also do players 8, but it is maybe a bit slow. I know that summon druid can do players 8 even with crappy gear, but it's not the fastet build either. 

Gz to level 96, not bad.

Thanks, i Had a couple level 97s on bnet and i managed to fuck that up so im going full on exploits with offline single player. Trap sins damage falls off pretty hard after players 3, wind druid would be your best bet as they can basically almost match a hammerdin

i personally ran with a paladin, holy fire all the way, well half way into act2 nightmare, respec’d and went to hammers, went to hell with this spec and got everything i needed and then some, farmed keys and organs respec’d to smiter and farmed torches, got a pally torch first roll, i farmed essences for tokens to save my den-of-evil respec’s, etc.

Currently running chaos sanctuary runs on players 8 as a hammerdin with 15k damage until my eyes bleed

I tried doing d clone runs but its just not enough xp, i managed to get a perfect 20/20/10 anni early on though

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Thanks, i Had a couple level 97s on bnet and i managed to fuck that up so im going full on exploits with offline single player. Trap sins damage falls off pretty hard after players 3, wind druid would be your best bet as they can basically almost match a hammerdin

i personally ran with a paladin, holy fire all the way, well half way into act2 nightmare, respec’d and went to hammers, went to hell with this spec and got everything i needed and then some, farmed keys and organs respec’d to smiter and farmed torches, got a pally torch first roll, i farmed essences for tokens to save my den-of-evil respec’s, etc.

Currently running chaos sanctuary runs on players 8 as a hammerdin with 15k damage until my eyes bleed

I tried doing d clone runs but its just not enough xp, i managed to get a perfect 20/20/10 anni early on though

Ah yea, but I think it's normal after so many repetitve runs that after a while you get a bit careless, I also almost died a few times with my level 94 char because of that. 
This is true, hammerdin seems to be the best class for this trophy, I am personally just not a huge smiter or hammerdin fan, the builds quickly burn me out which isn't a good thing if I wanna go for level 99 ^^, better playing something that makes fun. I would do the same as you, farming a lot of tokens, so you can respec attributes if you find new gear and switching between builds for ubers or dia clone. 

Yea that's what I was thinking that trap assa will be a bit lacking in damage at players 8 :/ . Wind druid is pretty nice, only downside is that I have no teleport until I can get a jah and a ber (which both of them I have never found in singleplayer lol). How about a frozen orb sorc? If you push the orb damage to 1k, would players 8 work? I never played frozen orb on p8, always went on p1 with her. I played a lot of blizzard sorc and she is pretty good in players 8 even with crappy items, but man aiming with blizzard on a controller is literaly a pain in the butt lol, so not 100% sure if blizzard would be a good idea. 

Edited by Afura_33
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Afura_33 said:

Ah yea, but I think it's normal after so many repetitve runs that after a while you get a bit careless, I also almost died a few times with my level 94 char because of that. 
This is true, hammerdin seems to be the best class for this trophy, I am personally just not a huge smiter or hammerdin fan, the builds quickly burn me out which isn't a good thing if I wanna go for level 99 ^^, better playing something that makes fun. I would do the same as you, farming a lot of tokens, so you can respec attributes if you find new gear and switching between builds for ubers or dia clone. 

Yea that's what I was thinking that trap assa will be a bit lacking in damage at players 8 :/ . Wind druid is pretty nice, only downside is that I have no teleport until I can get a jah and a ber (which both of them I have never found in singleplayer lol). How about a frozen orb sorc? If you push the orb damage to 1k, would players 8 work? I never played frozen orb on p8, always went on p1 with her. I played a lot of blizzard sorc and she is pretty good in players 8 even with crappy items, but man aiming with blizzard on a controller is literaly a pain in the butt lol, so not 100% sure if blizzard would be a good idea. 

Without sunder charms i wouldnt go for 99 on a sorceress, yet!  Listen, you dont need to find jah or ber, the moment you even find just an El rune, you mass dupe it and cube it up.  I had my enigma runes still progressing in normal, yes, normal difficulty i had every rune in the game, in about 2hours of time duping and crafting runes up (i muled 4 of each runes all the way from El to Zod for a constant supply) and the first 3os breast plate i could find, i then had my first enigma then i upgraded it later when i found a better defense mage plate.  Even with the newest update file the exploit Still Works!  I would suggest you try it and learn it and even go the single player route, bnet is just so unstable at times with disconnects etc.  I think i have a reply in every D2R thread on here explaining how to do the glitch (on ps5). All you need to know is what gems it takes to make the next rune, and FYI, early on you should be gathering and duping all gems inorder to cube runes up.  You cant trade for the stuff you really need so You should really map it out you know, gather runes and gems, start cubing them up.  Make a shitty enigma in a breast plate so you have teleport then you can eventually make a better one once you find that gg base item you would prefer.  Gather essences for tokens and dupe those, get a single key set and dupe x3 for organs then dupe those for torch runs.  Dupe perfect gems, Collect hell diablo grand charms and small charms and reroll them in the cube with 3 perfect gems to make some 45life skill grand charms, all res 5/20 life small charms, etc.  Know the different cube recipes like the ones for adding random sockets to helms, body armor and weapons for your runeword bases.  A couple weeks time, play time will vary person to person but you should be fully stocked, for multiple characters cuz you obviously will acquire gear for other classes along the way.  My paladin is damn near indestructible at this point, lower resistance curses barely even drop my resistances anymore ive capped them out pretty high, 95% fire, 80% lightning, i think when i get lower res cursed my fire res is still at +72%, i rarely get below 50% health anymore when doing players 8 chaos runs, once im done with this horrible 99 grind i literally have gear for all the other classes i havent played yet for their respective trophies including high life skillers, mid-high roll torches, perfect stat cta, hoto etc.

feel free to dm me if you have any further questions about single player, dupes or even just ingame questions, i love even just talking character builds

if not, i wish you goodluck my friend and hope blizz fixes your counter

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Without sunder charms i wouldnt go for 99 on a sorceress, yet!  Listen, you dont need to find jah or ber, the moment you even find just an El rune, you mass dupe it and cube it up.  I had my enigma runes still progressing in normal, yes, normal difficulty i had every rune in the game, in about 2hours of time duping and crafting runes up (i muled 4 of each runes all the way from El to Zod for a constant supply) and the first 3os breast plate i could find, i then had my first enigma then i upgraded it later when i found a better defense mage plate.  Even with the newest update file the exploit Still Works!  I would suggest you try it and learn it and even go the single player route, bnet is just so unstable at times with disconnects etc.  I think i have a reply in every D2R thread on here explaining how to do the glitch (on ps5). All you need to know is what gems it takes to make the next rune, and FYI, early on you should be gathering and duping all gems inorder to cube runes up.  You cant trade for the stuff you really need so You should really map it out you know, gather runes and gems, start cubing them up.  Make a shitty enigma in a breast plate so you have teleport then you can eventually make a better one once you find that gg base item you would prefer.  Gather essences for tokens and dupe those, get a single key set and dupe x3 for organs then dupe those for torch runs.  Dupe perfect gems, Collect hell diablo grand charms and small charms and reroll them in the cube with 3 perfect gems to make some 45life skill grand charms, all res 5/20 life small charms, etc.  Know the different cube recipes like the ones for adding random sockets to helms, body armor and weapons for your runeword bases.  A couple weeks time, play time will vary person to person but you should be fully stocked, for multiple characters cuz you obviously will acquire gear for other classes along the way.  My paladin is damn near indestructible at this point, lower resistance curses barely even drop my resistances anymore ive capped them out pretty high, 95% fire, 80% lightning, i think when i get lower res cursed my fire res is still at +72%, i rarely get below 50% health anymore when doing players 8 chaos runs, once im done with this horrible 99 grind i literally have gear for all the other classes i havent played yet for their respective trophies including high life skillers, mid-high roll torches, perfect stat cta, hoto etc.

feel free to dm me if you have any further questions about single player, dupes or even just ingame questions, i love even just talking character builds

if not, i wish you goodluck my friend and hope blizz fixes your counter

Hmmm you are maybe right about the sorc not playing without a sunder charm it's just that I love playing frozen orb, anyway I don't think that frozen orb will be hell viable, you need some decent crazy gear to make it good at p8 and even then. 

Ah ok I see you dupe a lot, I didn't think of this, I thought that blizzard fixed the glitch that people were using for it. So you collect a lot of runes and gems, cube them up and then you dupe them and cube these ones up again? I am honest I have never duped in the game :D , the only thing I have done so far was rerolling a few socket recipes and a spirit roll with the cloud save backup when the roll was terrible :D . Thanks for all the information though. 

Sounds like you have some real tank paladin there. But the good thing is, even if you would die, you could still download your backup save file :) 

I agree that the battlenet is pretty unstable, it sometimes lags, you get disconnects and then you have this crappy PK kiddies. That's why I made a shockwave werebear with 7,3k life and 9,5k defense lol, even disconnects and lags can't take me out :D . I actually wanna continue this char, makes a lot of fun to play, too bad that the trophy has glitched for me :( . I did google it and I only found 1 guy, but he was on the xbox with the same issue, seems to be a rare issue. I am also not sure if blizzard will ever fix this, I suppose not. It just sucks, I enjoyed to make the trophy with a few other people I met in the game. 

Edited by Afura_33
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Afura_33 said:

Hmmm you are maybe right about the sorc not playing without a sunder charm it's just that I love playing frozen orb, anyway I don't think that frozen orb will be hell viable, you need some decent crazy gear to make it good at p8 and even then. 

Ah ok I see you dupe a lot, I didn't think of this, I thought that blizzard fixed the glitch that people were using for it. So you collect a lot of runes and gems, cube them up and then you dupe them and cube these ones up again? I am honest I have never duped in the game :D , the only thing I have done so far was rerolling a few socket recipes and a spirit roll with the cloud save backup when the roll was terrible :D . Thanks for all the information though. 

Sounds like you have some real tank paladin there. But the good thing is, even if you would die, you could still download your backup save file :) 

I agree that the battlenet is pretty unstable, it sometimes lags, you get disconnects and then you have this crappy PK kiddies. That's why I made a shockwave werebear with 7,3k life and 9,5k defense lol, even disconnects and lags can't take me out :D . I actually wanna continue this char, makes a lot of fun to play, too bad that the trophy has glitched for me :( . I did google it and I only found 1 guy, but he was on the xbox with the same issue, seems to be a rare issue. I am also not sure if blizzard will ever fix this, I suppose not. It just sucks, I enjoyed to make the trophy with a few other people I met in the game. 

oh it still works as im caught up to the current patch because after about 30days of being offline the game will fail to verify its authenticity, what that means is youll be forced to reconnect to the internet (uh oh) and say hello to the servers, (but dont worry) just exit the game and once you go back to disconnecting from the internet and going back to your offline character, the dupe exploit still works, its like the devs dont care!

But You got the idea, collect runes and gems, dupe those, craft them up, keep a couple for use, dupe, craft up, keep a couple, dupe and craft up, etc. rinse and repeat, youll have every rune in no time, you can even dupe gold to help you start in the begining as not much else early on is worth duping, especially in normal but everything is dupable, even gold so you can vendor shop or gamble as much as you like right from the start

Get a runeword base, dupe the base item, find or roll one in the cube for desired amount of sockets, dupe it prior a few times because the cube recipe is random and might not give you the sockets you need, now say youre making HoTo

put Ko, Vex, and Pul in the flail, now dupe this flail a couple times giving yourself more chances at rolling a perfect stat, now insert Thul into a pre-made flail (oh it only made a 35res hoto, throw it away and get another pre-made, insert Thul into flail until you get 40resistances) do this with all varying mods runewords like cta, make it with 4 of 5 required runes, now dupe the pre made and once you have several pre-mades for more chances of a 6/6/4 cta, start rolling away!  Same for insight, make it with 3/4 runes, dupe that pre-made several times then finish them off, just giving you more odds at better rolls

make a starter enigma and whatever else to really start farming key locations for better gear/items until youre ready to upgrade from a shitty enigma to a godly one or whatever else it may be

starting over sucks but its not the end of the world, youll probably even eventually have better gear offline than what your online character has if you followed a similar path to what i did, mass dupe perfect gems to reroll hell diablo charms to get high life skiller grand charms, sexy small charms with 5%fhr/5all res, 5all res/20life small charms, 3/20/20 small charms etc.  Dupe bases for more chances at perfect roll runewords.  Key duping and organ set duping.  Torch farming, essence farming for easy respec tokens to save anya’s respec reward because you never know, you might wanna respec a few times, treat it like a game of chess, be thinking of your next few key-moves ahead of time, i think its a pretty good guideline to success, you got this!

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

oh it still works as im caught up to the current patch because after about 30days of being offline the game will fail to verify its authenticity, what that means is youll be forced to reconnect to the internet (uh oh) and say hello to the servers, (but dont worry) just exit the game and once you go back to disconnecting from the internet and going back to your offline character, the dupe exploit still works, its like the devs dont care!

But You got the idea, collect runes and gems, dupe those, craft them up, keep a couple for use, dupe, craft up, keep a couple, dupe and craft up, etc. rinse and repeat, youll have every rune in no time, you can even dupe gold to help you start in the begining as not much else early on is worth duping, especially in normal but everything is dupable, even gold so you can vendor shop or gamble as much as you like right from the start

Get a runeword base, dupe the base item, find or roll one in the cube for desired amount of sockets, dupe it prior a few times because the cube recipe is random and might not give you the sockets you need, now say youre making HoTo

put Ko, Vex, and Pul in the flail, now dupe this flail a couple times giving yourself more chances at rolling a perfect stat, now insert Thul into a pre-made flail (oh it only made a 35res hoto, throw it away and get another pre-made, insert Thul into flail until you get 40resistances) do this with all varying mods runewords like cta, make it with 4 of 5 required runes, now dupe the pre made and once you have several pre-mades for more chances of a 6/6/4 cta, start rolling away!  Same for insight, make it with 3/4 runes, dupe that pre-made several times then finish them off, just giving you more odds at better rolls

make a starter enigma and whatever else to really start farming key locations for better gear/items until youre ready to upgrade from a shitty enigma to a godly one or whatever else it may be

starting over sucks but its not the end of the world, youll probably even eventually have better gear offline than what your online character has if you followed a similar path to what i did, mass dupe perfect gems to reroll hell diablo charms to get high life skiller grand charms, sexy small charms with 5%fhr/5all res, 5all res/20life small charms, 3/20/20 small charms etc.  Dupe bases for more chances at perfect roll runewords.  Key duping and organ set duping.  Torch farming, essence farming for easy respec tokens to save anya’s respec reward because you never know, you might wanna respec a few times, treat it like a game of chess, be thinking of your next few key-moves ahead of time, i think its a pretty good guideline to success, you got this!

I have to thank you for all these information man. This is good to know that the dupe thingy is still working, looks like blizzard didn't manage to fix it lol. Anyway I don't think that blizzard cares much about the console versions in general, the playerbase on consoles is just too small I think this is also why they will probably never fix this trophy tracker bug that I am having :( let alone finding someone else having it too (just found 1 single person with this bug and he was on xbox). 

Nah playing online was exactly quite good for me, I had everything I needed like hoto 38, upped viper umed, jalals umed, thundergods, dwarfstar, raven, aldurs boots, spirit shield, cats eye, mage fist and for merc I had harmony in a +3 matron bow, an eth fortitude and an eth steal skull. I farmed eldritch and pindle and traded then on pc with the traderie.com site , worked pretty well for me. 

Yea I am still thinking about to start singleplayer on playstation or not, I mean I am not even sure if the bug will dissapear if I play on playstation, maybe it is bugged forever for me :( . Plus I don't know which build to make, a wind druid is also pretty nice. I wanna go frozen orb sorc cause it's the most fun for me, but the damage of frozen orb on p8 just sucks. 

Edited by Afura_33
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had the same thing, the counters were not in sync with each other. Both trophies popped just fine :) I think it's just PSN acting funny with the trophy trackers. This is not the only game that has been acting up on me when it comes to these trophy trackers.

Edit: If you're thinking single player, consider making a smiter. P2 Dclone farming with "unlimited" SOJs might sound crazy but that's what I would do if I was to start over. I went for 99 with a lightning sorc.

Edited by roohq
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 30.12.2022 at 9:46 PM, roohq said:

I had the same thing, the counters were not in sync with each other. Both trophies popped just fine :) I think it's just PSN acting funny with the trophy trackers. This is not the only game that has been acting up on me when it comes to these trophy trackers.

Edit: If you're thinking single player, consider making a smiter. P2 Dclone farming with "unlimited" SOJs might sound crazy but that's what I would do if I was to start over. I went for 99 with a lightning sorc.

I am glad to hear this :) , i didn't play anymore because I was afraid of the trophy not popping up lol. I mostly switch between pc and playstation, unfortunately on ps there aren't much games compared to the pc version. 

Thanks for the hint with the Dia clone, I heard about that method. 

On 22.1.2023 at 1:18 PM, Logan_The_Heroic said:

I also had that issue but the 99 hc trophy popped for me mind was never really accurate should be fine

You also switched between pc and ps regularly? 

Edited by Afura_33