Modern Warfare 2 is kind of a mess

New issue: the game crashed while I was towards the end of the mission 'Ghost Team'. Reloading the mission crashes the game again, so I have to start over again. Fuuuuun.

Edit: replayed the mission and got to the same point, didn't realise I had to hurry so I got a mission fail. Stuck on the same checkpoint with the game crashing upon reloading the mission. 

Edit 2: I did end up finishing this mission and later the platinum, I didn't realise how easy it would be with the riot shield, even on the hardest difficulty. Hindsight is 20/20, but it makes me shudder to think how many times I played through that whole mission for what essentially ended up being 15 seconds of running around with a shield. 

Edited by BEARDLESSVlKlNG

On 6.11.2022 at 11:29 AM, BEARDLESSVlKlNG said:

6) This isn't strictly about the gameplay itself, but I do find it worth pointing out how asinine I found the process of downloading this game and getting it ready to play. I bought the game physically, and of course had to download a huge patch before being able to play it. That's fine, I don't like that this is the way gaming works now, but the times of buying a game disc, popping it into your console and just playing it are long gone. I have shitty wifi, I gotta admit, so this might not be as bad for some people. But, yeah, I downloaded the huge initial patch, which took me half a day, and then opened the game up, expecting to be able to play it - loaded up the single player mode, only to find out that that this triggered another sizable patch it had to download first, okay fine - I'll just come back later, but nope, upon trying to start the single player again - another fucking patch. Why didn't the game just download all of this right off the bat? What the flying fuck did it download on that first huge patch if neither the singleplayer or the multiplayer was downloaded? I'm no scientist, but this seems needlessly convoluted.

I'm a collector of physical games but i decided to go digital on this one. It simply makes no sense to buy the disc. Several sites/people confirmed on release that this game only contains a 70 MB launcher on disc. There's literally nothing to install from the disc. The game also more or less enforces you to play online, even when you're only interested in the campaign. It always automatically signs you into your Activision account, if you don't cancel it, which takes a lot of time. Some people reported that booting the game with a pure local (non PSN) account is also impossible for some reason. You can check this site for more info: https://doesitplay.herokuapp.com/game/Call Of Duty%3A Modern Warfare II/ps4/CMOS Base PS4?region=ESRB

I really dislike what Activion is doing with their "always online, no content on disc" approach. This has been the case with at least the last 4 CoD games. Once they turn off their servers, all recent CoD games are gone and that's it.

But i haven't had as many bugs as you experienced. Maybe 2-3 crashes during the two campaign playthroughs and that's it.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

In the 9th mission Recon By Fire, one building has a large container you're supposed to search. When I'm at the part where you're told to do this, sometimes the :square:Search prompt fails to appear. If this happens, you're stuck with reloading the last checkpoint.

Activision games on PC are worse, requiring a constant connection to the internet. That alone is the reason I no longer buy any of their recent releases on PC. At least I've been able to play MW II's campaign on PS5 with no Activision account. It does say something about one, but I can press circle to skip that. I'm logged into PSN and that's it. I'm just here for the campaign and couldn't care less about multiplayer.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2022 at 11:29 AM, BEARDLESSVlKlNG said:

3) Two game-breaking bugs on the mission Alone (terrible mission, by the way). On one attempt the game decided to autosave when I was just about to be discovered by two sets of soldiers, so whenever I reloaded the checkpoint, I would be gunned down before I was able to do anything, requiring a restart. (No idea why the game saves when it does, seems almost random at times). On another attempt I got glitched inside a wall, underwater in the tunnel towards the end. No way to get out, drowning every time I restarted the checkpoint.

Every friggin light in 'Alone' is clipping(?) through the walls, I can't see shit.

Already restarted the game and console.. seems like I have another challenge to complete on this Veteran, No-Gun run.

wtf man

EDIT: And now I can't crouch anymore haha, this is just sad

EDIT2: And now the AI can see me through walls. Seeing as you can't play offline, maybe someone at Infinity Ward is just sitting there watching people play and flipping switches to make it harder haha

FufhhgK.jpg

Edited by Demortuus
  • Like 1