Can you autopop this way the level 99 trophy for ps4+ps5?

Afura_33

Hello,

I was thinking about to pop the level 99 hardcore trophy on ps4 and ps5 at more or less the same time. Would it be possible to install on your playstation 5 the ps4 version of diablo 2 and playing to level 98,99%, then uploading your character into the cloud (or usb) then continuing to level 99, then deinstalling the ps4 version of the game and installing the ps5 version of diablo 2, then downloading the 98,99% character from the cloud and going to level 99 on your ps5? This should work and make pop the trophy for both platforms with a little time delay no? Has someone here tried this? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Hopefully not. Earn your trophies. Everyone wants something for nothing these days.

As for all the installing and uninstalling? Why not just have both installed?

Everyone wants something for nothing? Man you have plenty of these easy fast 1$ platinum games. This is one of the most grindiest trophies you can do, I have done all the trophies separately for the ps4 and then for the ps5 besides the level 99 and hardcore level 99 trophy. I am not going to make this crazy grind two times in a row, this would be absolutely lunatic. I am not sure if you have ever done a level 99 character in softcore? Let alone hardcore.  

As far as I know you can have both versions installed, but I could imagine this messing around a bit with the trophy counters.  

Edited by Afura_33
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Afura_33 said:

Everyone wants something for nothing? Man you have plenty of these easy fast 1$ platinum games. This is one of the most grindiest trophies you can do, I have done all the trophies separately for the ps4 and then for the ps5 besides the level 99 and hardcore level 99 trophy. I am not going to make this crazy grind two times in a row, this would be absolutely lunatic. I am not sure if you have ever done a level 99 character in softcore? Let alone hardcore.  

As far as I know you can have both versions installed, but I could imagine this messing around a bit with the trophy counters.  

Earn it twice. If you want it twice.

As for my plenty of $1 plats. Erm ok? I like retro stuff. Trophy lists on them tend to suck but I play a game to completion not bail when a trophy has popped

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Afura_33 said:

Hello,

I was thinking about to pop the level 99 hardcore trophy on ps4 and ps5 at more or less the same time. Would it be possible to install on your playstation 5 the ps4 version of diablo 2 and playing to level 98,99%, then uploading your character into the cloud (or usb) then continuing to level 99, then deinstalling the ps4 version of the game and installing the ps5 version of diablo 2, then downloading the 98,99% character from the cloud and going to level 99 on your ps5? This should work and make pop the trophy for both platforms with a little time delay no? Has someone here tried this? 

The saves of the PS4 data and PS5 data are different so it won't work that way. Speaking from experience of an offline character played on PS4. Not too sure about online characters but I was under the impression that online character data is stored on battlenet and you can't back them up via console saves, hence the recommended option to play hardcore to 99 with an offline character.

Edited by Gattusso02

14 minutes ago, Gattusso02 said:

The saves of the PS4 data and PS5 data are different so it won't work that way. Speaking from experience of an offline character played on PS4. Not too sure about online characters but I was under the impression that online character data is stored on battlenet and you can't back them up via console saves, hence the recommended option to play hardcore to 99 with an offline character.

Oh, but what about the people that started playing offline singleplayer on ps4 and then bought a ps5 later, so they couldn't transfer their ps4 characters to the ps5? 

Yes I am talking about offline here :) . Online won't work since the characters are on blizzard's server. 

Edited by Afura_33

23 minutes ago, Gattusso02 said:

Offline characters on PS4 can not be imported to the PS5. I would have tried it if it were possible. 

Oh, I thought this would be possible since it works for the online mode. You can play your online characters on ps4 and on ps5 and on pc you can even transfer your offline characters from the old diablo 2 to the new diablo 2 resurrected without any problems, I thought they would have done the same between ps4 and ps5 for offline mode. Rip for all those people that started offline singleplayer and bought a ps5 later just to find out that they can't carry over their characters to the ps5 :/ , bitter pill.

Edited by Afura_33

20 minutes ago, Gattusso02 said:

You can still play the character on the PS5 but stay on the PS4 version. If you are trying to find a loophole to auto pop the PS5 version though, it won't work that way with the offline character. One Diablo 2R plat Is meaningful enough imo :)

So my autopop idea won't work lol. How could blizzard even mess up characters transfer from one platform to the other.

Yea you are right one diablo 2 R plat is enough, it's just that my OCD drives me nuts when I see one diablo 2 trophy list on 100% and the other diablo 2 trophy list on 88% haha.

Edited by Afura_33

6 hours ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

I think they would either have to add offline save transfer, or change the trophy requirements to being level 99(not popping as soon as you level to 99). I doubt either will happen.

Yea I am kinda surprised that the game has not the feature to transfer ps4 save files to ps5 games, I mean almost every game has this and the game came out when a lot of people where switching from ps4 to ps5. I agree, I highly doubt that blizzard will ever add this, I don't feel like they care much about the console version, the playerbase on console is just too small. 

Edited by Afura_33
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MilanYildirim said:

Start on ps4, back up your save right about you’re 99 and wait for option to be implemented. You never know, maybe some day it will happen

You are right :) , it is just that I have an other issue where 2 of my trophies are bugged :( . My level 99 trophy tracker is stuck at 90 and my hardcore level 99 trophy tracker is stuck at 31, it hasn't moved since months now, I have tried everything. Blizzard would have to fix this too first lol 

• 3 months later...
On 11/6/2022 at 2:26 PM, Afura_33 said:

Oh, I thought this would be possible since it works for the online mode. You can play your online characters on ps4 and on ps5 and on pc you can even transfer your offline characters from the old diablo 2 to the new diablo 2 resurrected without any problems, I thought they would have done the same between ps4 and ps5 for offline mode. Rip for all those people that started offline singleplayer and bought a ps5 later just to find out that they can't carry over their characters to the ps5 :/ , bitter pill.

Works for online mode cause that data is not stored on your harddrive.