Regions & Game Stacks Questions

MATTKBAN

Hi all! Been around PSN since ‘07 and surprised I still don’t know this - This PSN account is my NA main and only ever had another region account being a Japanese one. Some games that have NA and EU digital versions - think many cross-buy PS4/Vita games - what version does the Japanese storefront favor? And how about when there is a 3rd, Asian version, added to the mix? I’m not looking to triple or quadruple up stacks of those, just curious.

On the other hand- The Final Season of the Walking Dead has just a NA & EU digital version which I’m interested for both. Any idea what my Japanese account would download of those two? I’d avoid making an EU account if I don’t need to.

any help & wisdom appreciated!

I've kind of been wondering the same thing - Lego Indiana Jones 2 has an EU and a separate US stack - I'm in the EU and I've got that stack, but if I were to buy the US disc version, would it give me the US stack, or would it know I'm in the UK and revert to the EU stack?

Is it only possible to stack with digital?

6 minutes ago, wajbsb said:

I've kind of been wondering the same thing - Lego Indiana Jones 2 has an EU and a separate US stack - I'm in the EU and I've got that stack, but if I were to buy the US disc version, would it give me the US stack, or would it know I'm in the UK and revert to the EU stack?

Is it only possible to stack with digital?

Buying discs or digital versions of the regions game will give you said region.

Examples
Buying a EU disc of Lego Indiana Jones 2 will give you the EU list
Buying a NA disc of Lego Indiana Jones 2 will give you the NA list
Setting up a EU account and buying Lego Indiana Jones 2 digitally will give you the EU list
Setting up a NA account and buying Lego Indiana Jones 2 digitally will give you the NA list

Play asia is a fantastic market to buy physical games of other regions 
NA,EU,AS,KR ect ect

• Like 1

I meant to add in on the main post that I’m aware some games are JP specific region stacked. So in general what region does JP digital copies go?? Asia or EU I’m guessing? Aren’t most Asia copies for other Asian psn countries outside of Japan? That’s why I’m curious the most with a JP account if I were to buy a game I like for another stack, I’d get it for that account I already own instead of making a new one.

Disc discussion is out the question as that’s easier and also very different - Many countries have their own ratings for the game but if they are all part of the EU, the game is EU trophy list. PSN digital copies group all this together nicely.

Edited by MATTKBAN

Thank you, that answers my question perfectly! I thought that was the case but I wanted to check first! I was going to risk the dark web (ie eBay ?) but I'll have a look at play Asia - I thought they only did stuff from Asia, so I didn't consider them for a US stack...

9 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

@MATTKBAN Someone else will probably have to confirm this, but I think if you were to buy a game from the Japanese PSN store that only has a EU and NA stack, then I think the Japanese store favours the NA version. If there are three stacks, EU, NA & AS, then I think the Japanese store would favour the AS stack.

yep you are 100% correct on that jp store favors na version although 90% of the time there is always a as stack if a game has multiple stacks for east asia some indies and fortnite for example only have eu and na they will favor na

• Like 2