StygianWolf4

Trophy Thoughts?

88 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, offdutysuperhero said:

This comment hurts my brain. A game can be accessible while having hard trophies. Trophies are optional believe it or not.. and have no effect on a persons gaming experience

Well sorry to hurt your brain then but Sony realized that catering to the hardcore gamer is not what they have in mind for the flagship games. If you say trophies are optional then difficult trophies are optional as well. No long grinds, no boss rush, no frustrationly difficult settings - there are other games for that.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those who have platinumed it already, first  I would like to say congratulations on being first achievers!! Nice and a perk of getting early copies ;)

 

Secondly, do you think this can be platinumed quicker than the first or longer??

 

Thanks

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Approximate amount of time to platinum: 40-50 hours on Story Difficulty / 50-60 hours on Balance Difficulty / 60-70+ hours on No Mercy Difficulty

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Those who have platinumed it already, first  I would like to say congratulations on being first achievers!! Nice and a perk of getting early copies ;)

 

Secondly, do you think this can be platinumed quicker than the first or longer??

 

Thanks

 

 

It takes about the same time as the last game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Couga83 said:

 

It takes about the same time as the last game.

 

Thank you mate for the reply.

 

After finishing it, I plan to play again for a optimal time, the original could be done in 14 hours and I hoped this would be shorter while optimal do shame can't be made any quicker ;(

 

Maybe we can at least skip cutscenes on this one in first playthroughs, was a lot of unnecessary time having to sit through cutscenes repeatedly during replays.

 

I see Trials are here, but no Niflheim content similar to the last so that should remove an hour or 2 at least from speedruns or is there something similar here to that???

 

 

Edited by Optinooby
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't intend playing this since I don't like God of War, just wanted to say that a challenging Trophy list is better and I'm kinda sick of such easy lists for AAA games.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thrillhelm said:

Well sorry to hurt your brain then but Sony realized that catering to the hardcore gamer is not what they have in mind for the flagship games. If you say trophies are optional then difficult trophies are optional as well. No long grinds, no boss rush, no frustrationly difficult settings - there are other games for that.

You realize this arguement works both ways right? And there are way more easy lists than hard trophy lists. People actively avoid a game because of a hard list and its silly. I never avoid easy lists. Trophy hunting is getting sad that people cry to devs on twitter over a hard trophy. Why does an optional system like trophies have to be accessible? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, offdutysuperhero said:

You realize this arguement works both ways right? And there are way more easy lists than hard trophy lists. People actively avoid a game because of a hard list and its silly. I never avoid easy lists. Trophy hunting is getting sad that people cry to devs on twitter over a hard trophy. Why does an optional system like trophies have to be accessible? 

Well good for you, for a start. 

Had the same argument with Ratchet&Clank: Rift Apart and why its such an easy platinum.

Basically Sony sees otherwise and just doesn't want to alter trophy lists for hardcore gamers when their games should be for everyone. While for some a rare GOW Ragnarök platinum is appealing, it divides the playerbase. 

 

People do not cry about hard trophy lists (thats framing without any evidence), Sony has made their games' trophy list accessible for years now, and by now people should have get used to it. 

 

Apparently trophies do matter, and Sony realized that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thrillhelm said:

Well good for you, for a start. 

Had the same argument with Ratchet&Clank: Rift Apart and why its such an easy platinum.

Basically Sony sees otherwise and just doesn't want to alter trophy lists for hardcore gamers when their games should be for everyone. While for some a rare GOW Ragnarök platinum is appealing, it divides the playerbase. 

 

People do not cry about hard trophy lists (thats framing without any evidence), Sony has made their games' trophy list accessible for years now, and by now people should have get used to it. 

 

Apparently trophies do matter, and Sony realized that.

my main point of this still stands. i agree a game should be accessible, but. trophies are an optional system and dont hinder a players experiences one bit. the only reason why they make trophies easier is because they impact game sales from a niche community like this one. and the goal of any company is to maximize profits no matter if its 1% or 20%.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, just because there is no game difficulty trophy, doesn't mean the Platinum will be easy to get. Someone was missing an item that was all white and on snow. That could be difficult for some to get. You have to beat optional bosses it seems, that could be difficult. What makes it difficult besides the game saying earn this trophy by beating the game on hardest difficulty? Grinds are hard for some people. Collecting every item, especially one you can't go search for at any time or missed your once chance to get is a level of challenging for some. Yes, the Norse God of War games do not have the difficulty trophies like the Greek God of War games do. For a variety of reasons and I am sure most are speculation, unless someone has a link to an official announcement. Trophies are an accomplishment no doubt, especially Platinums. No matter what a company does or does not do with its trophies, someone will complain. That's the internet, especially here in America. I enjoy the series. I want all the Platinums across the board. The Greek ones will probably mean a little more because they have taken so long to get and yes because of difficulty. I do mostly hate difficult based trophies. Some of that is lack of skill and a lot of self doubt. Some, just cause I don't want to deal with hardest a game can be. But, I truly feel a trophy list should compliment and give justuce to the spirit of the game. If the game has a difficulty setting, it should have a trophy associated with it to be in tangent with the game.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, offdutysuperhero said:

You realize this arguement works both ways right? And there are way more easy lists than hard trophy lists. People actively avoid a game because of a hard list and its silly. I never avoid easy lists. Trophy hunting is getting sad that people cry to devs on twitter over a hard trophy. Why does an optional system like trophies have to be accessible? 

You realize that's why they make the lists easy right? They are appealing to the masses; why put difficult trophies in when their target is making as many people play the game as possible? I'm seeing the only people here saying they won't play the game are people not interested in GoW and the tryhards whining about the trophies being too easy, so sounds like the trophies are just fine to me. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

You realize that's why they make the lists easy right? They are appealing to the masses; why put difficult trophies in when their target is making as many people play the game as possible? I'm seeing the only people here saying they won't play the game are people not interested in GoW and the tryhards whining about the trophies being too easy, so sounds like the trophies are just fine to me. 

Trophy hunters are not the masses. And alot more people avoid hard games than easy ones. These are facts.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sony/PlayStation is a business they need to do what’s best for them and an easy trophy list for their exclusives is the best thing they could do reasons being.

 

1. Accessibility, making it easy means your below average gamer could most likely plat the game without much effort just like Spider-Man, which kicked off the easy plat craze for exclusives. Usually when something’s difficult it carries a negative connotation with it easier tends to carry a more positive notion. I’m sure even if it’s a small percentage all them articles about Spider-Man’s platinum being really easy and accessible surely dragged more than a few people into this realm of trophies.

 

2. It’s good for business, by this I mean let’s be honest people can say all they want easy trophy list etc will they still play the game? Yeah they will that’s money in Sony’s pocket not only that but it opens up the conversation for more causal gamers kinda like this “Hey I played that Spider-Man game it was so good and I can’t believe it but I actually got the platinum for it too I don’t really care about trophies but it’s cool I’m happy with that”. Saying this to people IRL or online or wherever not only opens up the thought the game is good but you get a “bonus”, with that easy accessible platinum. That potentially is another sale for Sony through word of mouth and possibly influenced through the obtainable platinum trophy too. Following the Spider-Man business model obviously works and is why it’s a thing now even seen recently with TLOU part 1. 

 

3. Who really cares play it how you want and who really cares if the list is easy or hard it’s gonna be a great game enjoy it. It being a super hard plat doesn’t do anything at the end of the day your trophy count will increase by 36 regardless. I highly doubt if anyone sees Ragnarok on someone’s trophy list they’ll feel sick to their stomach something I’d imagine it’s quite the opposite.

Edited by SzzMN
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2022 at 4:41 PM, Karnacharya said:

 

Gatekeeping is shitty behavior, regardless of whether you find it funny or not. Online communities should be welcoming places, especially for niche hobbies like trophy hunting. There's plenty of stress and judgement out there in the real world, so there's no need for that nonsense here. 

 

Also, if the integrity of a statement is so fragile that a single comment from an internet rando can "ruin" it, then maybe it's not something worth defending in the first place. 🤔

I am sorry but I fail to see who is gatekeeping there. Whether Sony has made the right decision to make flagship games easy on trophy hunting, it's up to us trophy hunters to judge or go by. Everyone has their own opinion of what trophy hunting means to them. Disagree or agree, keep the "grow up" comment to yourself please. You were right, the internet does not need that.

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was debating myself whether to get it on launch or wait, as I usually don't buy games when they release. Frankly, the trophy list with the 400+ collectibles according to the Powerpyx guide pushed me towards waiting. Yeah, I'll get most of them during normal exploration, but still. I know it's probably an amazing game but this was the final nail in the coffin (or whatever the expression is) for me. Not wanting to support Sony at the moment, not happy with it being mostly an old-gen game, and the collectible heavy trophy list... I'll wait, buy used, play, sell. $5 lost, the inevitable ng+ trophies done without having to wait a month or two. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, offdutysuperhero said:

Trophy hunters are not the masses. And alot more people avoid hard games than easy ones. These are facts.

Trophy hunters are not the masses, which is what I said. I was not saying that they were the majority and I'm not sure where you got that I was when you agreed with my point.

 

Most people have jobs and responsibilities and don't want to be grinding out hard trophies; why are you so upset at a game being accessible to more people? Sorry it's such a disappointment to you, but it you want the game to be more challenging, just turn the difficulty up. That in itself also counts as accessibility. 

Edited by Vulpine9Tails
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

Trophy hunters are not the masses, which is what I said. I was not saying that they were the majority and I'm not sure where you got that I was when you agreed with my point.

 

Most people have jobs and responsibilities and don't want to be grinding out hard trophies; why are you so upset at a game being accessible to more people? Sorry it's such a disappointment to you, but it you want the game to be more challenging, just turn the difficulty up. That in itself also counts as accessibility. 

Then dont grind trophies? Dont like the hard difficulty then turn it down? I can counter every one of your points with the opposite and  Point out anywhere that i didnt want accessibility. Making an optional system such as trophies has nothing to do with a game being accessible.

Edited by offdutysuperhero
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, offdutysuperhero said:

Then dont grind trophies? Dont like the hard difficulty then turn it down? I can counter every one of your points with the opposite and  Point out anywhere that i didnt want accessibility. Making an optional system such as trophies has nothing to do with a game being accessible.

When trophies have become as popular as they have and Sony knows trophies are selling games to the extent that we have all these jumping food games, accessibility has become a factor. They have been for a long time. I can counter your last point with why have a game be super accessible but make the trophies difficult? What would the point in that be? Sure they're optional but logic should still apply.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

When trophies have become as popular as they have and Sony knows trophies are selling games to the extent that we have all these jumping food games, accessibility has become a factor. They have been for a long time. I can counter your last point with why have a game be super accessible but make the trophies difficult? What would the point in that be? Sure they're optional but logic should still apply.

We are going around in circles and youre just contradicting yourself.. reread all your messages

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, offdutysuperhero said:

We are going around in circles and youre just contradicting yourself.. reread all your messages

I'm confused by what your point is, so naturally. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

easy cheezy shit with autopops. I'll probably wait for the psplus edition, i was going to do it as a 300th platinum trophy milestone but i can't be fucked now. autopops, boring easy trophy list. I'll pick something else for the big 300.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.