Trophy Thoughts?

GothGirlMaxine

19 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Maybe we can at least skip cutscenes on this one in first playthroughs, was a lot of unnecessary time having to sit through cutscenes repeatedly during replays.

I see Trials are here, but no Niflheim content similar to the last so that should remove an hour or 2 at least from speedruns or is there something similar here to that???

Can't currently skip cutscenes, only some text when talking to characters about favors. The second playthrough I still took 20 hours to complete the story, but I was still grabbing everything possible and had a 2-hour detour for side content in one area looking for something I was missing on PS5. The main time-saving thing for the story would just be ignoring everything unnecessary like lore and chests that don't give stuff required for trophies. 

There's no Workshop equivalent thing, just a bunch more large areas with lots of side activities. Most of the side stuff is in entirely separate areas from the main story path, so there's not a lot of backtracking through areas like in the first game if you actually grab all items as you progress through the story areas. 

Edited by Gage

14 minutes ago, Gage said:

Can't currently skip cutscenes, only some text when talking to characters about favors. The second playthrough I still took 20 hours to complete the story, but I was still grabbing everything possible and had a 2-hour detour for side content in one area looking for something I was missing on PS5. The main time-saving thing for the story would just be ignoring everything unnecessary like lore and chests that don't give stuff required for trophies. 

There's no Workshop equivalent thing, just a bunch more large areas with lots of side activities. Most of the side stuff is in entirely separate areas from the main story path, so there's not a lot of backtracking through areas like in the first game if you actually grab all items as you progress through the story areas. 

Nothing missable right?

I'm thinking of just doing main story, then backtrack for the rest

18 minutes ago, Gage said:

Thanks mate for the info, I actually Googled the cutscene skip earlier and was surprised to find many articles about it.

No doubt it's going to be a similar case to GoW 2018 where you can only skip cutscenes after 1st playthrough, but patch will likely come when NG+ drops.

It feels to me that it's longer than the first in terms of platinum but I will try to skip some stuff at least like you mention, that may bring the time down on replays. 

You're on the PPyx team aren't you, I know it' s off topic, but have you by any chance been playing Sonic Frontiers, if so, what do you think of it?? I'm intrigued by it, but kind off still on the fence

8 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

I was debating myself whether to get it on launch or wait, as I usually don't buy games when they release. Frankly, the trophy list with the 400+ collectibles according to the Powerpyx guide pushed me towards waiting. Yeah, I'll get most of them during normal exploration, but still. I know it's probably an amazing game but this was the final nail in the coffin (or whatever the expression is) for me. Not wanting to support Sony at the moment, not happy with it being mostly an old-gen game, and the collectible heavy trophy list... I'll wait, buy used, play, sell. $5 lost, the inevitable ng+ trophies done without having to wait a month or two. 

There isn't that many required for the platinum, it's more like 200 or so.

PPyx site lists everything for 100% completion, that's in regards to game completion NOT trophy completion. The site over there keeps mentioning "Required for 100% completion" and is easy to recognise that as platinum, but that is actually just game completion!!

I'm trying to figure out the minimal for platinum but is difficult ;)

For trophy completion, you can knock off the Lore that is mentioned on PPyx site along with most Legendary Chests and Favours.

Though I can't say exactly what Favours you can avoid as some need doing, I guess that is something to plan out later.

You can also knock off the Buried Treasure, Draug Holes, Hel Tears and Remnants. These don't have any trophies connected directly to them, but I can't say for sure yet if they are needed to unlock something that gets you access to a trophy. At the moment on PPyx site, these are just mentioned in regards to 100%, not Platinum% I think.

Maybe a few other things that can be avoided but that's all I can see at first glance

Edited by Optinooby

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

Nothing missable right?

I'm thinking of just doing main story, then backtrack for the rest

Nothing required for trophies is missable. 

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

You're on the PPyx team aren't you, I know it' s off topic, but have you by any chance been playing Sonic Frontiers, if so, what do you think of it?? I'm intrigued by it, but kind off still on the fence

I didn't, because I've been playing God of War for the last 3 weeks ;P

52 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

You can also knock off the Buried Treasure, Draug Holes, Hel Tears and Remnants. These don't have any trophies connected directly to them, but I can't say for sure yet if they are needed to unlock something that gets you access to a trophy. At the moment on PPyx site, these are just mentioned in regards to 100%, not Platinum% I think.

That's correct for basically all of that. The main thing you have to pay attention to it's what's required for Relics since some of those are from Favors or other random stuff that's not specifically required for other trophies (kill all Ravens > fight a boss that drops a relic). 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gage said:

Nothing required for trophies is missable. 

I didn't, because I've been playing God of War for the last 3 weeks ;P

That's correct for basically all of that. The main thing you have to pay attention to it's what's required for Relics since some of those are from Favors or other random stuff that's not specifically required for other trophies (kill all Ravens > fight a boss that drops a relic). 

Thanks for confirming that as I was a little unsure without playing yet, just basically trying to put things together from info.

Yea I'll go through each and try to list anything of importance. I've listed all the Favors that are required for trophies, just gotta do so with the Relics now.

Thanks by the way to you and the team for getting the Trophy Guide out for release. I'm sure it's a massive team effort over there trying to figure out everything for Day 1, some games more than most ;)

8 hours ago, offdutysuperhero said:

We are going around in circles and youre just contradicting yourself.. reread all your messages

you’re being pretty ignorant. Just because you have an able body and mind as a trophy hunter doesn’t mean every single trophy hunter does. Good for Sony making the game AND the trophy list accessible. That means no one gets left out. If you want a challenge play a harder game. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, offdutysuperhero said:

You realize this arguement works both ways right? And there are way more easy lists than hard trophy lists. People actively avoid a game because of a hard list and its silly. I never avoid easy lists. Trophy hunting is getting sad that people cry to devs on twitter over a hard trophy. Why does an optional system like trophies have to be accessible? 

More fair trophy lists and less elitism.

Why catering to a small fraction of trophy hunters, which are a niche group themselves, if you could please way more people.

There's no more need to hide a platinum of an enjoyable game behind a terrible trophy or entire list (like e.g. Injustice 2), and I am convinced far more people will say GoW:R's platinum was enjoyable than saying it was too easy.

6 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

you’re being pretty ignorant. Just because you have an able body and mind as a trophy hunter doesn’t mean every single trophy hunter does. Good for Sony making the game AND the trophy list accessible. That means no one gets left out. If you want a challenge play a harder game. 

i play all games regardless of difficulty. the main point some people are making is that a trophy list has to be accessible for a game to be accessible which is not the case... trophies are an optional system and dont hinder a persons experience to the game.

5 hours ago, Thrillhelm said:

More fair trophy lists and less elitism.

Why catering to a small fraction of trophy hunters, which are a niche group themselves, if you could please way more people.

There's no more need to hide a platinum of an enjoyable game behind a terrible trophy or entire list (like e.g. Injustice 2), and I am convinced far more people will say GoW:R's platinum was enjoyable than saying it was too easy.

its always the extreme examples. i never said i wanted 300hr 10/10 platinums.

Edited by offdutysuperhero