Inevitable autopop forum

Rebourne07

9 minutes ago, FocusDR said:

I just want to know if it’ll be a free upgrade so I can buy the ps4 disc version, and play the game twice for two platinums. 
that’s what I’ve done with almost every game I’ve enjoyed. Ps5 first then ps4 version a few months later :) 

If you buy the PS4 disc version then you will have to pay $10 for the PS5 upgrade.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

If you buy the PS4 disc version then you will have to pay $10 for the PS5 upgrade.

ah okay thanks for the info. 
I’ve not watched any footage of the game because I don’t want to ruin the surprise, but £65-£70 is too much for a game. 
Ghost Of Tsushima is the only game I’ve paid full price for.. twice lol. It was amazing.

Not sure what to do with Ragnarok.. 

Yeah, it seems I'm going to play the "inferior" PS4 version to autopop PS5 for the sole reason that I don't have the time to go through a 40 hour game twice. I did the same for Horizon FW. 

Stop, I can't wait till this auto popping is over and I either choose one version, play both or neither. 

1 hour ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Yeah, it seems I'm going to play the "inferior" PS4 version to autopop PS5 for the sole reason that I don't have the time to go through a 40 hour game twice. I did the same for Horizon FW. 

Stop, I can't wait till this auto popping is over and I either choose one version, play both or neither. 

While I agree the way the Playstation trophy system handles versions with multiple stacks is absolutely horrible nobody is forcing you to play the PS4 version.

• Like 1

Trophies autopopping? I couldn't really care but what I do have a problem with is the lack of consistency for how trophies in games react to granting players the ability to transfer local save files (or sync online account/profile data) from one version of any given game to another. Some examples below.

• Destiny 2? Trophies autopop via servers.
  • Fortnite? Trophies autopop via servers.
  • Horizon: Forbidden West? Trophies autopop via save file transfer (PS4 --> PS5 Only).
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales? Trophies autopop via save file transfer (PS4 --> PS5 Only).

• Borderlands 3? A select few of the trophies autopop, all the remaining must be done again with a new character.
  • Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout? Broken on the PS5 version, I guess the same can be said for the PS4 version(s) but for some twisted reason the achievements over on Xbox autopop just fine.
  • Overwatch 2? Autopop is a real doozy too if I'm not mistaken.
  • Tiny Tina's Wonderlands? Not one trophy autopops, what the hell Gearbox...

5 hours ago, MrShovelware said:

While I agree the way the Playstation trophy system handles versions with multiple stacks is absolutely horrible nobody is forcing you to play the PS4 version.

Nobody is forcing you to play nothing but "games" that exist only to sell EZPZ platinum trophies and yet here you are.

Edited by Dry

11 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

And where does it say you have to pay 10$ for ps5 upgrade? My game says free ps5 upgrade.

Do you have the PS4 disc version? Every single article on the internet says it's $10 if you want to upgrade it to the PS5 version. There is a digital cross-gen bundle but that one costs like a PS5 game so you can't really call it a free PS4 upgrade when it costs more than a PS4 game.

Where To Preorder God Of War Ragnarok Ahead Of Wednesday's Launch - GameSpot

God of War Ragnarok: Here’s What Comes in Each Edition - IGN

God of War Ragnarok PS5 upgrade - Can I upgrade PS4 version for free? - VideoGamer.com

God of War Ragnarok PS4 To PS5 Upgrade Is Not Free - RespawnFirst

God of War Ragnarok PS4 to PS5 upgrade process explained | The Loadout

God Of War Ragnarok PS4 Owners Can Upgrade To PS5 For $10 - PlayStation Universe (psu.com)

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Yes Ps4 disc and on it it says ps5 free upgrade..

Edit: I see now it says ps5 upgrade availible.Its stupid their taking paid for upgrade. Thought it said free upgrade. My bad?

Edited by DividedByMankind