Inevitable autopop forum

Rebourne07

I remember i was complaining when ps3 and ps4 games shared the same trophy lists. I wanted different for many games i played.

Now i see i was wrong. Separate lists on ps4/ps5 AND autopopping trophies is way worse.

I can't not have the stack.

So i will either have to replay those games from scratch like i did with FF7R and Death Stranding ( rare cases where i didn't notice the 200 hours i spent)

or play the ''inferior'' version first and autopop the ps5 one.

Or do what i did with Horizon, play story on ps5, platinum on ps4 and autopop trophies on ps5.

Which is what i will probably do with Ragnarok, i loved the first one

• Like 3

12 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Wait... so you're hoping this feature is over / gets removed, because adverse forces are forcing you play the inferior PS4 version?

Nobody is forcing you to go through a 40 hour game twice. Like literally....the only person playing the inferior version for an autopop is you.

Just play the game once on PS5. You are gaining nothing of value by having an autopop, if anything you're losing 40 hours of playing the game in a inferior state.

The mind boggles...

And the added bonus of twice the amount of common trophies on his profile. This game with no difficulty trophies will be as common as a dogshit.

12 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Jesus Christ every auto pop thread there's a butthurt comment about it, it's not like they are forcing you to auto pop anything, let others do whatever they want with their games and do the same with yours, the only thing truly pathetic is this constant need to bitch about something.

I only bitch cause it f up the time leaderboards, if I want to play the ps5 & get the trophies legit rather than embarrassing 1 sec time stamp I cant. Unless it’s save transfer which every game should be to give 

gamers the option if they want to auto pop or not. Only a few more years & they’ll forget about ps4 and stuck to just one version 

5 hours ago, Smash41 said:

From the trophy guide:-

PS4/PS5 Autopop & Save Transfer: Yes, but only from PS4 > PS5 (not from PS5 > PS4), it autopops all trophies including Platinum instantly upon loading the PS4 save on PS5

Thank you for an official answer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I remember i was complaining when ps3 and ps4 games shared the same trophy lists. I wanted different for many games i played.

Now i see i was wrong. Separate lists on ps4/ps5 AND autopopping trophies is way worse.

I can't not have the stack.

So i will either have to replay those games from scratch like i did with FF7R and Death Stranding ( rare cases where i didn't notice the 200 hours i spent)

or play the ''inferior'' version first and autopop the ps5 one.

Or do what i did with Horizon, play story on ps5, platinum on ps4 and autopop trophies on ps5.

Which is what i will probably do with Ragnarok, i loved the first one

I know what you mean i wanted two trophy list during PS3 and PS4 and now im like just give me one list for both versions. 

1 hour ago, The Alchemist said:

There's nothing shameful about auto-pops in and of itself...

There is shame however, in purposely playing gimped PS4 versions of games just so you can have a PS5 auto-pop. Like, why do you even own a PS5, what's the point? Play the superior version for God's sake, man! lol

what’s stopping me from experiencing the PS5 version after I autopop… for fun?

seems like that’s an alien concept around here lol

Edited by MonaSaxPayne
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Wait... so you're hoping this feature is over / gets removed, because adverse forces are forcing you play the inferior PS4 version?

Nobody is forcing you to go through a 40 hour game twice. Like literally....the only person playing the inferior version for an autopop is you.

Just play the game once on PS5. You are gaining nothing of value by having an autopop, if anything you're losing 40 hours of playing the game in a inferior state.

The mind boggles...

Hey there,

We are all trophy hunters here. We all have our preferred games, methods etc.

I buy my own games, not you. So don't boggle your mind over how I play and I won't do the same about you. Deal? 

?

15 hours ago, MrShovelware said:

While I agree the way the Playstation trophy system handles versions with multiple stacks is absolutely horrible nobody is forcing you to play the PS4 version.

I didn't say I was being forced.

The reality is that, in rare exceptions, autopops only work PS4>PS5. 

I play on PS5, where the differences are minimal. As long as it keeps that 60 fps and I get through the story beats, I don't mind playing the PS4 version. 

Like many legal exploits in games, the autopop feature is there for those who want it. If you don't want to play that way, that is your right. 

Until they phase it out, I'll keep 'em popping because I have other games to play. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

what’s stopping me from experiencing the PS5 version after I autopop… for fun?

Yeah, but do you really do that, though? With every single PS5 game that you auto-pop? Perhaps you do, I wouldn't know either way, but aside from checking the game out for a few minutes, what would be the point lol? Wouldn't it be more fun to just start with the superior version that has all the bells and whistles and other fancy things like DualSense features, you know... the reasons why most of us have PS5s lol... 

It probably seems like an alien concept to myself and others around here because it's a very weird thing to do, no offence. It'd be like dropping a couple of grand on a high-end gaming PC just to play games that any old potato could run. Maybe not the perfect analogy, but you get the point lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Smash41 said:

From the trophy guide:-

PS4/PS5 Autopop & Save Transfer: Yes, but only from PS4 > PS5 (not from PS5 > PS4), it autopops all trophies including Platinum instantly upon loading the PS4 save on PS5

Thanks for the confirmation ??

Let's boggle some minds. 

1 hour ago, The Alchemist said:

Yeah, but do you really do that, though?

not often tbh.. but I did it with sackboy, destiny 2 and it takes two... but this was mainly because I was helping other friends get trophies after I had already plat both versions (and out of those 3 games, destiny 2 was the only one that was noticeably better on the PS5 version)

It probably seems like an alien concept to myself and others around here because it's a very weird thing to do, no offence.

understandable... but I'll tell u this

trophies have spoiled me. they absolutely dictate HOW I play games now (compared to pre-trophy days)... I do shit I would NEVER have done before trophies existed eg boosting, pointless grinds, pointless collectibles, playing on hardest difficulty etc...  hell I won't even touch a game if it doesn't have a platinum trophy, or if it has an unattainable trophy. I am also guilty of playing games that, if not for a super quick plat, I would never even look at

trophies, for me, are part of the entire gaming experience. I don't/can't separate them.. so.. as much as some might frown upon it, if I can get 2 plats for the price of 1, I'll take it :P 

I auto popped soundshapes back in the day (granted it was an isolated novelty back then), so too late for me to turn up my nose at autopops now lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

I auto popped soundshapes back in the day (granted it was an isolated novelty back then), so too late for me to turn up my nose at autopops now lol

i gave up. i had 3 death mode levels left and no patience in my HP bar haha... its such a luck based game. Could take 3hrs, could take 5mins. Depends on the luck and patience