Inevitable autopop forum

Rebourne07

1 hour ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

trophies, for me, are part of the entire gaming experience. I don't/can't separate them

Amen. This is exactly how I view trophies. Before trophies existed I would always try my best to 100% a game, now I see trophies as an extension to that. Even if I earn 100% in-game completion, if I don't have every trophy then the game isn't truly completed. Trophies are intertwined with how I experience games these days, for better or worse.

And yeah, I get what you're saying, which is fair enough. We all have our own little trophy-related quirks and ways of doing things. As long as you're happy doing what you're doing then I guess that's mission accomplished. 

• Like 2

I don't understand the autopop and playing on ps4 versions over ps5 but I understand how trophies contradict how someone plays. I've played some garbage games for trophies before and even playing Sonic Forces just to finish it and get another UR. At the end of the day everyone plays what they want and how they want even if it doesn't make sense to everyone else. 

I couldn't care less if people want to play shovelware crap or play a ps4 version on the ps5 it's their choice and doesn't affect me. Only thing that actually bothers me with gaming is that shovelware clogs up the store and you end up seeing every animal/food combination jumping until you give up looking through the store. 

Some peoples way of gaming puzzles me sometimes but still don't bother me. I'll at least be playing ragnarok on PS5 and if I enjoy it that much I'll play it again but probably not with my massive backlog but I collect trophies to complete a game to it's fullest and to test new games out that I may have otherwise not bothered with, not to have the most platinums. We all collect trophies for a different reason though and everyone should understand and respect this. Some want as many trophies as they can get, some only play hard games, others like doing things in games they might have not considered otherwise, or maybe it's just leaderboards and little care in what the platinum is in. 

49 minutes ago, ARIXANDRE said:

I love it how people have an issue with autopop but play the endless deluge of shovelware , 1 minute platinums. ?

Enjoy your gaming, folks. 

To be fair, autopopping is taking it a step further. As much as i am against shovelware, at least you have to click x a number of times. Autopopping is literally downloading trophies that you didn't earn.

11 hours ago, FlashbekBR said:

I'll play the game on the PS4 first for other reasons, not because of autopop. If it's fun enough, I play it again on the PS5. If not, I'm autopopping it.

I'm interested in what other reasons there are to play the worse version for people that own a PS5?

My vision isn't at all perfect.  not too bad but I wear distance glasses to game and from my perspective the ps4 games and the ps5 games play and look almost exactly the same.  The ps4 versions load just as fast as the ps5 versions especially the newer ones if you are playing it on the ps5.  there is no inferior version as far as i'm concerned.  others may see differences i don't.  For me I have one ps4 and one ps5 and like to change up the room in the house i play a game in sometimes.  therefore, often times i choose to play the ps4 version of a game so I can play it in any rooms of the house that i  have a console.  It's good for spending time with the family when i can switch up the room.  I can't do this when I play the ps5 version because I only have one at the moment.   When I someday own two ps5's that will be the day I play the ps5 versions exclusively.  For now sometimes I play the ps5 version of a game or if I could care less about any current generation upgrade I may be missing I opt to just play the ps4 version.   

It floors me people have been bitching for years about compatibility but now that they have it they can't envision with their narrow minds any uses for it.

1 hour ago, MD_91 said:

I'm interested in what other reasons there are to play the worse version for people that own a PS5?

see above  i mean it's just one reason.  I'm sure there are others

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Woopa777 said:

To be fair, autopopping is taking it a step further. As much as i am against shovelware, at least you have to click x a number of times. Autopopping is literally downloading trophies that you didn't earn.

I understand but the thing is: you did earn them, by putting a full playthrough.

If the game is cross gen and this feature is allowed by Sony, it's not your fault. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ARIXANDRE said:

I understand but the thing is: you did earn them, by putting a full playthrough.

If the game is cross gen and this feature is allowed by Sony, it's not your fault. 

You did earn them once and got rewarded for it. The trophies you autopop, you didn't earn.

It's not your fault that the game has autopop, but if you upload a save just to get free trophies, that's a decision you make. It's your profile and you can do what you want with it, i just don't understand how it is satisfying to get trophies that took zero effort. Same as i don't understand the appeal of shovelware.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MD_91 said:

I've got a PS4 and a PS5 and virtually the same free time as my wife. I'm letting her play the PS5 version while I do the PS4 since I don't bother with 30fps or less than 4k resolution.

On 07/11/2022 at 9:57 PM, Hollow_Heart- said:

Autopopping is really the most pathetic feature Sony has implemented in the trophy system... In the old days, platinums had meaning and you could actually be proud of earning a platinum trophy. Now it's just become a d*ck measuring contest between kids with a inferiority complex on who can add the most platinums to their profiles. You can't even call it "earning" anymore. 

Autopop trophies exist since ps3 ps vita era and for you could be pathetic but for others not.

Platinums never had any meaning or value cause it's only small image on screen for 2 seconds, you can add value for this or like just 95 percent of players don't give a s***. You could be proud but only you because nobody care about your trophies, every one care only about themselves. Kids who just hunt for easy plats are minority within minority. And actually you can call autopop earnings cause you HAVE TO earn them on different platform to autopop somewhere else. If you dont care about leaderboard (nr plats) why you react to cheap or fast plats? Just play what you want and let others do whatever they want. If someone is happy to earn cheap easy plat that's his choice if somone beated game and have possibility to earn that extra plat where is problem? I don't see any.

Must be great to own a PS5 only to play one of the most anticipated games in an inferior version. You could have 60fps or even 120fps and different graphic modes ranging from 1080p all the way up to 4K. But no, you gotta pull through the worse version for an auto pop! ?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

Must be great to own a PS5 only to play one of the most anticipated games in an inferior version.

Must be even better to lose sleep over what other ppl do with their own time and money instead of enjoying god of war yourself 

Edited by MonaSaxPayne
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

Must be even better to lose sleep over what other ppl do with their own time and money instead of enjoying god of war yourself 

Man, always these kind of answers ?. This is a public forum to talk about many different things, even nonsense. Assessing how different people do different things is one of the core things of a forum. I don't lose sleep over anything, it is just ridiculous to play a worse version of a game for 50 hours only to get a second trophy list 10 seconds.

If someone in a forum, which deals with movies, stereos and such would argue that he/she has Avatar on a 4K-Bluray and DVD but prefers to watch that movie on DVD, even though a 4K player is in possession I would find that weird too. Sure, different people, different positions. Some things however, are worth talking about.

• Like 3

I remember the time the PS3 held back the PS4 for too long, with games having versions for both consoles.  A worse case has been for World of Tanks console, whose progress and next-gen graphics had been held back because of the Xbox360 players since that console and XB1 had crossplay - but the 360 version set the limits. 

Two months after Wargaming Chicago Baltimore dropped the 360 version for good they suddenly enabled crossplay between XB1 and PS4, as demanded by the playerbase for a long time.

If you want progress, let go of the past and play the PS5 version if you can.

However, I can imagine being called not a true GoW fan if I am missing the PS4 platinum for completion reasons. You can't have both.

I made use of the Autopop function in the past, such as with Miles Morales or Sonic Origins (the latter having no real difference given the premise of the games) and went away from that to have the best gaming experience with the best version available. 

23 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Can anyone confirm if the Physical ps5 version includes the ps4 version on ps store it does. I wanna plat both separately.

I don't think there ever been a physical PS5 version of any game that gives you a downgrade to a ps4 version.