DIRT 5 Seemingly Last in the series

DEI2EK

But phew, good to know Dirt Rally will remain as the official WRC game going forward. I wouldn't be surprised if GRiD gets shelved as well, I don't think Legends sold convincingly. I hope they create a competitor to Forza and GT in that simcade space.

Edited by kris345
addtl thought

7 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Cool as those two series were I'm glad to see them moving onto new things and look forward to their next series. 

You know that what's happening is EA just killing "competition" and will turn those teams in extra support for NFS, right?

They did exactly the same with Criterion..

But we shouldn't be surprised, since for EA the only car racing series that matters are NFS and the real championship series ones (that they only own the rights for NASCAR, if I'm not wrong, or did they got/kept the rights for F1 and WRC?).

It's definitely a sad time, but more because of Project Cars than Dirt, the Dirt series has been a mixed bag, since they split it into Dirt (for mainstream, I guess) and Dirt Rally (to keep her spirit of the series alive). Project Cars on the other hand had a lot of room to grow.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

But we shouldn't be surprised, since for EA the only car racing series that matters are NFS and the real championship series ones (that they only own the rights for NASCAR, if I'm not wrong, or did they got/kept the rights for F1 and WRC?).

EA lost the rights to Nascar a looooong time ago. Nascar 09 was the last one they did. 

Codemasters had the rights to F1 and since EA now owns Codemasters, EA has inherited the rights I'd assume. 

Codemasters has gotten the rights to WRC too starting next year. Probably why they're ditching the Dirt series so they can focus on a new WRC game. 

• Like 2

Sad news, I spent so much time playing Dirt 2 and 3, those games made me fall in love with the Rally scene. I guess it's not a surprise since the last one wasn't really that good with a more casual approach to attract new fans.

As long Dirt Rally keeps going, I won't complain much.

• Like 1

Great news ?

Not only is Project CARS scrapped, which is disappointing as I thoroughly enjoyed the series, but the WRC license has gone to shitty fucking Codemasters and that's an even bigger disappointment, because Kylotonn has done a phenomenal job with the series in recent years. Yet we keep getting crappy NFS games with stupid, forced storylines that nobody asked for. Thanks EA ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

You know that what's happening is EA just killing "competition" and will turn those teams in extra support for NFS, right?

They did exactly the same with Criterion..

It's definitely a sad time, but more because of Project Cars than Dirt, the Dirt series has been a mixed bag, since they split it into Dirt (for mainstream, I guess) and Dirt Rally (to keep her spirit of the series alive). Project Cars on the other hand had a lot of room to grow.

Nascar is in the hands of Motorsport Games, which has a few racing championships like Indycar and BTCC planned. However seeing as Nascar 21 Ignition was a train wreck I'd almost rather have EA for them.

Project Cars was a series that I personally thought had a lot of potential with the first game as a sort of successor to the DTM/TOCA race Driver games in the crapton of series and events you could do, but they then reduced the amount every title which I wasn't a fan of. Dirt on the other hand... Dirt 1 was fantastic, Dirt 2 was great as well, but after that it's been a little over the place, like they weren't sure what to do with it.

2 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Great news 1f643.png

Not only is Project CARS scrapped, which is disappointing as I thoroughly enjoyed the series, but the WRC license has gone to shitty fucking Codemasters and that's an even bigger disappointment, because Kylotonn has done a phenomenal job with the series in recent years. Yet we keep getting crappy NFS games with stupid, forced storylines that nobody asked for. Thanks EA 1f611.png 

The Dirt Rally series is phenomenal, if Codemasters makes it anything like those, WRC is in good hands. 

A licensed WRC game would have to be more accessible though and less of a simulator like Dirt Rally was which you almost can't even play without a steering wheel.