Safe to Play?

xJaeWRLD

I bought this game on launch and had a majority of trophies done. Between collectibles not spawning and side missions missing I decided to give up on the platinum.

it’s been some months since I’ve played and I’m sure there have been updates improving this but I have not cared enough to keep tabs. Wondering now if this game is safe to play. 

if so, did the patches (ie missing side quests) get fixed in current games or would I have to start fresh again. 

So I started playing last month, and I had absolutely zero trophy issues. I'm working on Ultramarathon now and need the 100 kills with 2 other people and I'll have the Plat. It honestly seems like people who had glitches prior to certain patches may forever be glitched on that save file...there's a good possibility that patches fixed the trophies, but if you were already glitched there may not be any way to unglitch them without starting a fresh save. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Viper said:

So I started playing last month, and I had absolutely zero trophy issues. I'm working on Ultramarathon now and need the 100 kills with 2 other people and I'll have the Plat. It honestly seems like people who had glitches prior to certain patches may forever be glitched on that save file...there's a good possibility that patches fixed the trophies, but if you were already glitched there may not be any way to unglitch them without starting a fresh save. 

That’s what I was figuring that I would start fresh. Don’t remember what collectibles etc I was concerned with as well.

Are there still missable collectibles or can they still be found in the world. If so, do you have an updated collectible list. The one I had has not been updated and is hard to understand when and where I need to get them during the story / side missions without progressing too far.

3 hours ago, xJaeWRLD said:

That’s what I was figuring that I would start fresh. Don’t remember what collectibles etc I was concerned with as well.

Are there still missable collectibles or can they still be found in the world. If so, do you have an updated collectible list. The one I had has not been updated and is hard to understand when and where I need to get them during the story / side missions without progressing too far.

So there are some missable side missions, but they only occur if you do something else in the open world before it pops up. For instance there's a side mission called "To Kill or Not to Kill" that pops up a little later in the game, however it won't spawn if you activate the Newall Crossing Metro Station before doing that mission (has something to do with a scripted event with NPC's, so it's not a glitch). There's a collectable you need in this mission. However, it's been patched now that if you miss that side missions and you at least finish the "Broadcast" story mission, the collectable will still pop up where it's supposed to. 

It's brought up in this thread I made thinking I screwed my playthrough up: 

As for an updated list, I don't know...so much of the info out there is from back in February. But I used the videos in the guide and got everything just fine. 

• 2 months later...