The PLATINUM For Modern Warfare 2 Was The Definition Of FUN!

The Cod games get shorter but much more expensive. £60 for the basic game? Ouch. 

i think this entry was a lot better than MW2019. That said it irks me characters are back back from the dead with new heads and the whole continuity is messed up, and the title also is just stupid. It would have been better explained had the game been a prequel with a more original title. 

Edited by Ghost_of_Ziggy
  • Like 1

I understand what you mean regarding the returning characters. Some people either hate it because they feel it doesn’t do justice to the original characters, while for others, it’s one of their favorite bunch of characters so their just happy for them to be given new life. I’m in the latter camp, as the Modern Warfare trilogy was my favorite in the series. And even if the story is different and reimagined, I’m okay with it because to me it’s not like it erases what happened before. The original MW1 and MW2 have been remastered and are available to easily go back and play on next-Gen consoles for those who want to experience the OG story. 

Personally, I don’t think the Campaign alone justifies the price for these games anymore. The only way I can truly recommend this game is if the player is also willing to dabble with the multiplayer. Otherwise, as you highlighted, it’s just way too damn much.

I enjoy COD campaigns so I always appreciate the MP lite lists they put out on the Modern Warfare series. I'll play this eventually. What i would like though is a remastered MW3 campaign. Wasn't it supposedly done and awaiting release? Then there was a denial it existed? I never played the OG version and would love to play it

• Like 2

Yeah same. I’ve been around the franchise since the beginning so the campaigns are what always brought me back. But overtime the multiplayer has grown to be one of the most popular eSports. Ahh well. I still always go back for the story. 

Man I would love to see that as well….hopefully that’s still the plan. I hope Infinity Ward doesn’t think it would be confusing to drop MW3 remastered and then the MWIII sequel shortly thereafter. 

Co-op (edit: necessary for Platinum) = NOT fun, unless you have a trophy hunting friend to do it with. Don't get me wrong, never had a problem with organizing or doing coop stuff with strangers on this site if necessary, but it is an extra hassle I do not like.
Back in MW2/MW3 I did all the Spec Ops on Veteran alone, even those that required two players, I just grabbed and extra controller and traded a piece of my sanity for choice of doing it solo.

Edited by czDante92
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, czDante92 said:

Co-op = NOT fun, unless you have a trophy hunting friend to do it with. Don't get me wrong, never had a problem with organizing or doing coop stuff with strangers on this site if necessary, but it is an extra hassle I do not like.
Back in MW2/MW3 I did all the Spec Ops on Veteran alone, even those that required two players, I just grabbed and extra controller and traded a piece of my sanity for choice of doing it solo.

Playing a mode which is purposely made for two players on your own is not fun indeed. Thats on you though.

10 minutes ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

Playing a mode which is purposely made for two players on your own is not fun indeed. Thats on you though.

I didn't say it's more fun, easier or better, on the contrary. All I'm saying is when there is coop involved in Platinum, it isn't fun to me. Sometimes I do it, sometimes I don't, but ultimately I don't want to rely on other people when doing Platinum, be it PvP (which I play a lot and dare I say I am good at it) or Coop.
I'm probably gonna play MWII for a long time and I don't want to be stuck at 82%, so I'll do it eventually, and maybe I'll play with a cool guy and have fun, but the fact that I have to do this, organize the session and hope the other dude is capable and, vice versa, I won't hold him back, it just ain't my thing.

1 minute ago, czDante92 said:

I didn't say it's more fun, easier or better, on the contrary. All I'm saying is when there is coop involved in Platinum, it isn't fun to me. Sometimes I do it, sometimes I don't, but ultimately I don't want to rely on other people when doing Platinum, be it PvP (which I play a lot and dare I say I am good at it) or Coop.
I'm probably gonna play MWII for a long time and I don't want to be stuck at 82%, so I'll do it eventually, and maybe I'll play with a cool guy and have fun, but the fact that I have to do this, organize the session and hope the other dude is capable and, vice versa, I won't hold him back, it just ain't my thing.

Understandable. The way your first sentence was phrased it kinda implies that co-op mode in general is not fun and then argued it is because you often play it solo.

3 hours ago, czDante92 said:

On the bright side, the coop trophies are truly not that difficult. They may not be fun for you, but at the very least you won’t have to be stuck on 82%. 

Luckily I had a friend (he’s not a trophy hunter though), but even if you organize a game session with someone from this forum, I’m confident it should still take minimal effort. 

Good luck!

Edit: By the way, I don’t know when you plan to getting around to going for the 6 coop trophies, but at the very least I would suggest you go for the Going Dark trophy soon. There’s an exploit currently that allows you to earn the trophy without doing what you’re originally supposed to do. Best to get that out the way before it gets patched. 

Edited by WalkingSaiint
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2024 at 1:46 AM, heat5_speed347 said:

Going for the coop trophies right now is the definition of PAIN.

We done it though. We got the doing dark trophy together 💪🏼 I’ve got two other co op missions to 3 star and then the campaign on veteran until I’ll finally achieve the platinum!