Worst trophies ever made?!

SlavesGamingHD

I just think musicgames are a great genre, possibly the best ever made, but wtf is wrong with Rock Band 3?!

There isn´t just a single hard trophy, but impressive expansive ones and a few very time consuming ones.

EA, not everybody is able to spend 80h+ or 500$+ just for a single platinum!

It´s great if there are few HARD trophies, but I just can´t find a single one. All I can find is requires expansive hardware or time, I think there must always be just a chance to replace time with skills!

What´s your opinion about such trophies? =)

I just think musicgames are a great genre, possibly the best ever made, but wtf is wrong with Rock Band 3?!

There isn´t just a single hard trophy, but impressive expansive ones and a few very time consuming ones.

EA, not everybody is able to spend 80h+ or 500$+ just for a single platinum!

It´s great if there are few HARD trophies, but I just can´t find a single one. All I can find is requires expansive hardware or time, I think there must always be just a chance to replace time with skills!

What´s your opinion about such trophies? =)

There's nothing wrong with Rock Band 3.  Most people that play games don't care about trophies.  The trophies themselves aren't hard, just a little time consuming..  

Edited by grimydawg

There's nothing wrong with Rock Band 3.  Most people that play games don't care about trophies.  The trophies themselves aren't hard, just a little time consuming..  

Thats the point.... There is no hard trophy, just time consuming and hard ones.

I think a trophie like "Reach 1st place on any Leadboard" is much more fun, because it just requires skills :/

I see what you're saying, but that is a very bad example.

Why? I think it´s ok if you have to spend 100h+ for a single trophy, but only if you can replace time with skill.

I just cant understand the fact, that I have to play more than 300+ songs... Its just useless and boring...

I just wan´t a Challenge and not less lifetime ^^

Not hard? Pro Keyboard trophy is hard enough if you do that the real way.

EDIT: Oh, and I think EA pressured these kinda lackluster trophies, Harmonix left EA pretty much right after RB3 (or was it before? I can't remember now... it's been 3 or 4 years)

I regret ever playing Rock Band. 

I don't understand why, it's well worth the $60 you spend on it. Heck I've spent enough to buy a house on it most likely lol.

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin

Not hard? Pro Keyboard trophy is hard enough if you do that the real way.

EDIT: Oh, and I think EA pressured these kinda lackluster trophies, Harmonix left EA pretty much right after RB3 (or was it before? I can't remember now... it's been 3 or 4 years)

I don't understand why, it's well worth the $60 you spend on it. Heck I've spent enough to buy a house on it most likely lol.

To tell the truth, yes I always found Keys/Pro Keys very easy and boring

I just cant find the hard part of Rock Band 3 :/ Even Rock Band 2 is way harder than Rock Band 3.

This is one of those games where I did not even bother going for the plat because:

1) Endless Set List

2) Just not skilled enough

It was a good game just to get friends together and make fools of ourselves :D

I enjoyed the Endless Setlist told everyone, "everyone, tomorrow i will be playing the Endless Setlist on RB and I CANNOT BE DISTURBED" *theres a trophy where you cant fail the ESL or get 4*s on any song, i dont remember, everything was going so well until i hit... VISIONS.. (the fifth from last i believe) and I was like WTF!!?!?!?!?!? I remember hitting the last note on that song and getting the 5*s...that song is terrible!!! but i enjoyed playing that setlist without pausing/failing/and getting 5*s on all songs. =)

I thought 5 starring every song on Rock Band would be hard. I never got and I'm pretty good at drums. Just couldn't do Slipknot or The Who.

Unless you can 5 star every song but on different instruments?

What I thought was crappy was that you needed to buy pro drums, and a pro guitar to be able to plat. 
I never looked into it but I'd assume it costs twice as much as the game itself.

Nothing wrong with time consuming trophies. There is a very dedicated fanbase to the games so w/e. The hardware requirements are a pain though. Would have the platinum by now if I didn't have to buy a keyboard and pro guitar for it ><

I thought 5 starring every song on Rock Band would be hard. I never got and I'm pretty good at drums. Just couldn't do Slipknot or The Who.

Unless you can 5 star every song but on different instruments?

What I thought was crappy was that you needed to buy pro drums, and a pro guitar to be able to plat. 

I never looked into it but I'd assume it costs twice as much as the game itself.

Yeah, you can do it with every instrument. So if there is a song you can´t 5 star, just use a different instrument xD

So RB3-> easy and expansive =)

Cool, I always search good players =) Do you own TTFaF? Looking for good players to try Band Gold Star =)

Yeah, you can do it with every instrument. So if there is a song you can´t 5 star, just use a different instrument xD

So RB3-> easy and expansive =)

Cool, I always search good players =) Do you own TTFaF? Looking for good players to try Band Gold Star =)

I do own Through the Fire and Flames but there's no chance in hell I am ever going to gold star that.

- Rock Band 3 supports 3 more instruments. They needed to add trophy for them, so there is a goal / reward for players. I prefere buying 30$ pro guitar (I bought one like one week ago) for fun, practice and few trophies than one Rock Band guitar only because my GH one doesn't have solo buttons for RB2 trophy. THAT would be waste of money, and THAT is a horrible trophy. Instruments right now are basically for free, because you can buy one and sell it in the same price few weeks later. And hell yea, they are fun to play! :D

- "Not everybody is able to spend 80h+" - and trophies are not for anybody. This system is made to make another in-game goals. Because of - for example - 54k hopos trophy, my gf still plays, because every song, even if she doesn't beat her previous score, adds few hopos, so make the goal closer and closer. If killing pigeons in GTA4 are more fun, and getting max lvl online, with all of the campers are less time consuming - feel free to switch :)

Yes, there is no another "make 100% in Final Countdown" trophy, but for me it's a plus. Every trophy is gainable by regular player, and because a lot of them requires time, this game can be played for a long time (GH5/6 is easy to play, and hey - I don't even have them anymore...)

btw: Rock Band 2 requires literally no skill to plat (doesn't mention GH5/BH/GH:WoR). RB3 is an improvement.

Edited by NieSwiety

Although I generally don't really care for trophies, I'm glad there some insanely difficult/rare trophies out there (in other games too). I.M.O a trophy ought to feel kinda special like something you really earned and not everybody can say they earned, y'know like a real trophy, to separate you from the rest. (I'm ok with the fact that I likely won't get The Final Countdown any time soon.) That said, I wish RB3 recoloured in-game instrument icons for beating the endless setlist. After I learned it doesn't, I lost any desire to play it as that's the whole point for me..

• Like 1

To tell the truth, yes I always found Keys/Pro Keys very easy and boring

I just cant find the hard part of Rock Band 3 :/ Even Rock Band 2 is way harder than Rock Band 3.

No freaking way. Not even close... RB2 was way easier by miles. (NOTE: I haven't platted RB2, but I know this because it's just a tedious list [the endless setlist trophies are basically the cause] but otherwise it's not exactly "Hard" at all.)

Pro Guitar and Pro keys are far worse than the entire RB2 list, even if they were easy for you.

Those are the only ones I have left (that are hard), besides Is this Just Fantasy which I'm doing the REAL way and not using a youtube helper. (I just can't ever get the third person I was playing on using to be at my place at the same time as my second :()

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin

• 1 year later...

Are you kidding?

The Final Pro Keys trainers are EXTREMELY difficult, as well as Pro Keys in general if you don't have any background in Piano, same with the Pro Guitar and Bass stuff. But yes, that shit is needlessly expensive, although the keyboards are a LOT cheaper nowadays. Remember getting one for like $130 at EB then being furious seeing it at the same EB for like $10 (on a different console, but still). Was fuming. 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...
25 minutes ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

Probably because of the other reasons mentioned in this thread. Difficult trophies and trophies that are now locked behind legacy hardware that has gotten expensive.

Believe me, it certainly wasn't an affordable platinum when the game released either.

That being said though, apparently the guy hasn't even played this game, so it is definitely an obscure comment to say the least.