This Checklist was brought to you by the People's Republic of Potato

Mickzilla10

Dude you said you like Tomb Raider, you should get the new Tomb Raider that came out in 2013, it's really good. They got it for PS3 and PS4 now. The PS3 version will be free to PS+ subscribers too this month. Anyways, good luck with FFXIII and FFXIII-2, both good games that don't deserve the hate they get.

Some nice plats and cool format with quotes.

Thanks man! Yeah I thought it would be a nice touch, took a while to remember all of them though :P

I like the quotes, nice touch, never seen anybody do that before :o

I'm worried if I wrote a description for each game I would run out of text space, so quoting each game was kinda like something from keeping the list kinda dull!

Nice looking collection so far, keep up the good work. Also unique touch having the quotes

Thanks! :) I'm so close to platinuming Guacamelee! Hopefully hard mode isn't that hard....at least not as hard as getting that orb from the top of tula tree ._.

Brilliant!

^.^

I like the setup you have on this. Also, nice title!

Thanks! :P I'm wondering how much space I'll eventually have as I still don't know how big posts can get :/ And the title was just a little reference to my country...we do normally take the piss out of ourselves :P

Dude you said you like Tomb Raider, you should get the new Tomb Raider that came out in 2013, it's really good. They got it for PS3 and PS4 now. The PS3 version will be free to PS+ subscribers too this month. Anyways, good luck with FFXIII and FFXIII-2, both good games that don't deserve the hate they get.

It does look like a really cool game! Not sure if i'll pick it up from ps plus since I have the old 80GB PS3 and I barely have a lot of space left....although I was on planing getting the PS4 version! I heard the multiplayer wasn't that good but I do look forward to playing the story!

Yeah I really enjoyed FFXIII, definitely going to try and platinum it although it will probably be the most consuming of the platinums I wanna attempt. The same with FFXIII-2........I always fail with RPG's though, since I have always spammed multiplayer games like Call of Duty and Battlefield :/ still haven't finished Skyrim >.<

A normal trophy checklist. but you bring quotes from the games. That's inovating! I love inovation!  :yay:

Thanks! :D I really only want to platinum games that I really enjoy (Each game that I have platinum'd so far I have enjoyed!) and while I could write a paragraph about each game, using quotes not only reminds me of the game themselves but others who enjoyed the games would get the refrences :P (That and I don't wanna get into the habit of writing long paragraphs of each game as I am worried I would run out of text space for this list and wouldn't be able to add more games easily to this list)

• 5 weeks later...

Update 1.01 (Mexican Edition)

#16 - Guacameele  1S5eab99.png

After making it to the top to get the orb off of the Tula Tree and defeating those 4 bosses on Hard I've gotten the platinum for this extremely enjoyable platformer, My advice is patience with the platforming, don't give up! and for the bosses timing and knowing when to dodge is key to beating them! Overall I give Guacameele a 7/10!

Since i'm afraid of running out of space in the main checklist I'll write my thoughts of the games I platinum in each of these update posts aswell as other updates and what i'm working on (I don't know if anyone will actually be following these but I love typing so "deal with it  B)" )

Anyway I also updated my Backlog, Games I won't platinum and games i'm looking forward to trying out, I'll try and do this as often as I can!

My current plan (When I can drag myself away from Battlefield 4, btw Dice fix Naval Strike pretty please!) Is to work on platinuming AC4 and Tomb Raider for the PS4 (both amazing games), I'm not sure what will be my 19th but I plan on making FFXIII my 20th (It will most likely be my most difficult platinum to date) But I haven't touched the game in two years so i'm looking forward to playing from the start again!

Again thanks for all the positive feedback!!

Edited by mary-d_9

• 2 months later...

Update 1.02 (Booty Edition)

#17 - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag 1S107813.png

With my exams and secondary school out of the way, I'm able to get back to hunting and I've started this summer like I did last summer by platinuming an Assassin's Creed game. While Black Flag did take a lot of the "Assassin" out of Assassin's Creed, going around the West Indies in the Jackdaw was so fun! It was the first game I played on my PS4. Most of the single player was a breeze and the legendary ships were challenging enough. The only part about this game that was grindy was the multiplayer, I got to around level 35 playing normal matches and the other 20 in wolfpack...it didn't take that long and in small doses every now and again the AC multiplayer is fun.....I give this game a 8.5/10....I doubt any Assassin Creed will ever trump AC2 as my favorite, but I hope the series continues the momentum  it's gotten from Black Flag and that Unity will be as good as it looks!

I'm not sure what I'll go for next, i'm currently loving Watch Dogs and might go for its platinum, there is also several PSplus games I wanna try, some I haven't even started yet....then there is the RPGs I wanna work on (Mass Effect 2 & 3, FF13, Tales of Xillia and Fallout 3 & New Vegas)

Alas I have a long summer ahead of me and hopefully I can outdo what I did last year!

Thanks again for the feedback and looking at my list :)

Update 1.02 (Booty Edition)

#17 - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag 1S107813.png

With my exams and secondary school out of the way, I'm able to get back to hunting and I've started this summer like I did last summer by platinuming an Assassin's Creed game. While Black Flag did take a lot of the "Assassin" out of Assassin's Creed, going around the West Indies in the Jackdaw was so fun! It was the first game I played on my PS4. Most of the single player was a breeze and the legendary ships were challenging enough. The only part about this game that was grindy was the multiplayer, I got to around level 35 playing normal matches and the other 20 in wolfpack...it didn't take that long and in small doses every now and again the AC multiplayer is fun.....I give this game a 8.5/10....I doubt any Assassin Creed will ever trump AC2 as my favorite, but I hope the series continues the momentum  it's gotten from Black Flag and that Unity will be as good as it looks!

I'm not sure what I'll go for next, i'm currently loving Watch Dogs and might go for its platinum, there is also several PSplus games I wanna try, some I haven't even started yet....then there is the RPGs I wanna work on (Mass Effect 2 & 3, FF13, Tales of Xillia and Fallout 3 & New Vegas)

Alas I have a long summer ahead of me and hopefully I can outdo what I did last year!

Thanks again for the feedback and looking at my list :)

Congrats on the new plat!  :yay:

• Like 1

Update 1.03 (ctOS firmware update)

#18 - Watch Dogs 1Sf37106.png

I have always loved city based open worlds, ever since I was young with games like Spider Man 2 and San Andres.......and the Chicago in this is the game's greatest asset. The city constantly feels alive, bright, big and filled with a lot of side activities...yes it kinda went for the quantity over quality aspect, kinda of like the first Assassin's Creed game. But in the end the game filled my need for a good single experience. Yes Aiden was a mass murdering psychopath with a moral compass aligned to dickheadness....but he wasn't as dull as Conor, and the supporting characters, especially T-Bone were amusing.  The multiplayer was also hella fun, I loved hacking people and hiding like a dickhead in the stupidest places.....although because of this I got hacked all the time....anyways like Black Flag I give this a 8.5/10, Black Flag had better characters but this game had a better setting...it also let you mix between stealth and all out gun blazing well. This game still felt like I could have played it on my PS3, its not proper next-gen....but if Ubisoft do with Watch Dogs 1 to Watch Dogs 2 like they did with AC1 to AC2.....well they can take my money..again...

I don't know what i'm gonna try for next...either one of the PSplus games or go for one of the RPGs i mentioned in a previous post...anyway wish me luck for my next hunt :D

Update 1.04 (Mokujin approves of this update)

#19 - Tekken 6 1S6c7429.png

Well this was an unplanned platinum for me, I went through a phase when I was younger trying to get into fighting games...I bought Street Fighter 4, Soul Cailbur 4 and Tekken 6....I enjoyed them but I've come to the conclusion I suck at going against anything other than the AI. This game had the nice little strange sense of humor the Japanese like to put in games (Although nothing tops playing as Darth Vader in SCIV) anyway I spent most of my time playing arena, the scenario campaign was....well...interesting, and nobody mention nightmare train. Anyway I decided to go back to this as my mate and I were looking at our backlog, picking new challenges to do against each other (We like racing each other to getting platinums first) and we picked this as our next challenge. Like I said it was an enjoyable experience however it is a genre I suck at. I give it a 6.5/10

Like I said in a earlier post I want FFXIII to be my 20th platinum, its gonna take a while, i'm gonna start from the start again just so i didn't miss any items..but this is one of my favorite games of all time and I want its platinum in my collection....wish me luck in Gran Pulse!

• 4 weeks later...

Update 1.05 (Oerba Dia Update)

#20 - Final Fantasy XIII 1S9014c1.png

Where do I begin? Until I touched the Mass Effect trilogy this was my favorite RPG of all time! The characters, Light, Sazh, Vanille, Fang, Hope and Snow...will always remain in my head as an ensemble of some of the most bizarre, funny, likable and over all amazing characters I have seen in my young video game life...I enjoyed the game's story from start to finish...and in my second playthrough...and then my third (which was my platinum run that clocked in at 102 hours O.o). The soundtrack is also beautiful! This platinum was easily the most satisfying I have earned since The Last of Us, it tested my patience and my motivation towards trophy hunting...I give it a 9.5/10, its up there as one of my favorite PS3 games!

As for my next hunt, I'm looking at having a go at Strider due to its brevity but after that, my main goal is to add a collection of games to my platinum list, the games that toppled FFXIII as my favorite RPG's of all time...I've always wanted my platinum collection to be filled with games that I adored..so with that being said...I'm coming for you Shepard!

Edited by mary-d_9

Love the quote idea mate, you really captured the essence of those games! Wishing you all the best on your continued journey (and see you around the site!) :D

Thanks man! I still think its only just the beginning of the journey :P wishing you do well in yours too!