Trophy thoughts?

Henshin

After Diofield I'm hungry for a more strategic RPG on Playstation. 

Having never played the original and see high praise for it, I'm excited!

I can't quite tell based on the trophies if it will require multiple playthroughs. 

Edited by Henshin
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, CaptainCobana said:

No trophy for completing Palace of the Dead? 1f606.png

Light spoilers ahead:

The one for beating Lich Nybeth is essentially a trophy for beating Palace of the Dead, though I would have liked to see one for getting the Fire Crest instead.

Most of the trophies on this list are simply story related. The 2 trophies that will take some time are for beating Nybeth in the Palace of the Dead, and for doing all 3 story routes (essentially you have to play the game 3 times). A little disappointed there aren't trophies for deeper completion stuff, like getting Deneb, all titles, etc., but I really can't be upset that one of my favorite games of all time now has trophies and a remake.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VigilantCrow said:

Probably a 2-3 at most. No challenge trophies, pure story. 

A 5 year old could plat this. 

Interesting (never played the original), I'll get this regardless, was even considering getting it on switch but the PS5 should run better I presume...

Edited by Procyon1981

13 minutes ago, VigilantCrow said:

Probably a 2-3 at most. No challenge trophies, pure story. 

A 5 year old could plat this. 

I've never played it myself but according to reviews getting through the story alone seems like it would make it higher than a 2 or 3 due to difficulty spikes. 

From what I’ve heard in reviews, there are no difficulties to select from. Hence, why there are no difficulty-based trophies. Also, the game provides a branching path tree to show which paths you’ve completed, much like Detroit: Become Human. IIRC, the reviewer said that you can pick up at any branch so choosing a different path should be relatively easy. 

• Like 1

Yeah Dynast-King Slayer and Necromancer Scourge are the only trophies that could be considered challenging. But the game overall seems better balanced than previous versions, level cap and better enemy AI alone will make it more challenging than before.

While I do wish the trophy list was a bit more involved/challenging, as is it's already much better than most lists these days, specially compared to others in the genre (like DioField for instance). Excited to get to the post-game and see how much of a game changer relics can be.