It's a long shot but..

Blackmist_FFXI

Does anyone know why this title would be delivered almost 2 weeks after release via Amazon? 

I've typically gotten most orderes the day of, if not somewhat late in the day of launch.

But for some reason it's showing the 24th ( previously expected on 15th) w/prime membership.

I can't seem to find any real reason for the delay.

[Shoulda just ordered from gamestop like I normally do lol]

Have had similar issue with Prime in the last 2-3 months. Movies and games getting assigned later delivery dates, usually a week or two after launch.. In one case a movie was bumped up and got it a couple days after launch. Prime used to always deliver on release day so don’t what’s going on. If it hasn’t shipped you can cancel then get it local.

• Like 1

Amazon operates off a first come first served basis so people who preordered before you are getting their copies before you and you'll have to wait until they get their next shipment. You also could live in an area with few Amazon shipping facilities which also delays package delivery

Edited by majob

50 minutes ago, majob said:

Amazon operates off a first come first served basis so people who preordered before you are getting their copies before you and you'll have to wait until they get their next shipment. You also could live in an area with few Amazon shipping facilities which also delays package delivery

Ah that's good to know.

Well if It means anything I grabbed my pre order back at the start of August. If I recall pre orders started around the 10th of Aug.

And I got quite afew facility's where i live, about 27 of them. (Cali has 35, lol got curious)

Bet best buy might have extra copys but the one near me has very poor select on anything.  It's been kinda dying. They already shut down 2 locations around here.

Oh well.

In the long run I'll get it eventually.

Got plenty to play till then.

Yea I’m an early preorderer too but just about everything is affected so I wouldn’t put too much into that. This is a new development. A shame really since brick and mortars carry less and less games. Have used the ship to store feature at Walmart and a PS4 game came like the next day for pickup where Best Buy would take a week lol. Why even. GameStop is hit or miss. If you want a popular game like GoW, Madden, CoD, and the sort, they’ll have extra but rarely have the niche titles and that seems to be what I play most.

5 hours ago, NMErickson said:

Yea I’m an early preorderer too but just about everything is affected so I wouldn’t put too much into that. This is a new development. A shame really since brick and mortars carry less and less games. Have used the ship to store feature at Walmart and a PS4 game came like the next day for pickup where Best Buy would take a week lol. Why even. GameStop is hit or miss. If you want a popular game like GoW, Madden, CoD, and the sort, they’ll have extra but rarely have the niche titles and that seems to be what I play most.

The gamestop warehouse for my district goofed big and all there pre orders came out 2 weeks late.

Guess it's the new fad lol

I went to one Best Buy and they said they had it in stock online but when I arrived they claimed not to have it. Apparently there was only a SINGLE copy sent to the store for PS5.

Ordered it online to a neighboring town's Best Buy for pick up, finally got a copy.

Doesn't seem like they printed many of these, at least I've never seen such a low stock of them at BB before.