[Text/Video] Optimal Platinum Walkthrough

Optinooby

13 minutes ago, sanjinb said:

Thank you for putting this together! Is there a list of favors which are required vs. which are optional?

Not yet sorry, I will be working all that out myself as current guides out there are just telling you to do every favor even though they are not all required.

Once I know, I will update the list at the very start of mininal requirements for platinum!!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Not yet sorry, I will be working all that out myself as current guides out there are just telling you to do every favor even though they are not all required.

Once I know, I will update the list at the very start of mininal requirements for platinum!!

Thanks! I've been mostly focusing on the story but was planning on tackling some favors soon.

On 11/11/2022 at 8:03 PM, sanjinb said:

Thanks! I've been mostly focusing on the story but was planning on tackling some favors soon.

Im on the mission now The Word of Fate, and you can pretty much 99% complete that area first pass by in terms of platinum requirements. Its the first big open area where you can get so much on first pass. I kill the first Berserker here as well.

All that is remaining to come back for later is a Relic and the final Berserker Gravestone. The Relic is near The Lost Treasury sub-region and requires the spear to get and that last gravestone requires all others to be completed first, it then gets you some more collectibles.

Also, while in the same region, you can get the Favor 'Animal Instincts' and 'Sigrun's Curse'. They both need doing, the former because it pops a trophy, and the latter because it takes you to a Lost Page which is needed to craft a Relic.

You can get The Lost Lindwyrm favor from the squirrel at the end of the mission as well that needs doing.

its not much, but hopefully helps you be very optimal in that region at least. You can pick a level 5 armor set as well in that same region which you actually pass by getting the other stuff

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

kinda shocking how bad and cheese the trophy list is. surely they must know most people are just looking for a reason to keep themselves immersed longer. after you pop the platinum gameplay doesn;t change, things you're required for misc trophies all done, just seems lackluster.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

2 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

kinda shocking how bad and cheese the trophy list is. surely they must know most people are just looking for a reason to keep themselves immersed longer. after you pop the platinum gameplay doesn;t change, things you're required for misc trophies all done, just seems lackluster.

No game is perfect mate, it's a great series, though I will see the price is a bit too much! No doubt NG+ will come with a difficulty trophy this time, a change from the first which never received any difficulty trophies.

2 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Thanks for doing this - currently using your amazing optimal guide for the first GoW, so this will be very handy down the road!

I've updated the text guide up to part #10 now, part 9 is VERY useful and will save a tonne of time if followed as it's a VERY optimal way to collect everything there. It's one of the first open world'ish areas that you can 95% complete on first visit, I get a little optional stuff as well just to raise my stats.

18 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Im on the mission now The Word of Fate, and you can pretty much 99% complete that area first pass by in terms of platinum requirements. Its the first big open area where you can get so much on first pass. I kill the first Berserker here as well.

All that is remaining to come back for later is a Relic and the final Berserker Gravestone. The Relic is near The Lost Treasury sub-region and requires the spear to get and that last gravestone requires all others to be completed first, it then gets you some more collectibles.

Also, while in the same region, you can get the Favor 'Animal Instincts' and 'Sigrun's Curse'. They both need doing, the former because it pops a trophy, and the latter because it takes you to a Lost Page which is needed to craft a Relic.

You can get The Lost Lindwyrm favor from the squirrel at the end of the mission as well that needs doing.

its not much, but hopefully helps you be very optimal in that region at least. You can pick a level 5 armor set as well in that same region which you actually pass by getting the other stuff

Yep, I did most of the stuff around Tyr's temple as well. Will keep an eye out for your updates to the guide in the first post for future missions. Thanks again for doing this, it's much appreciated!

4 hours ago, sanjinb said:

Is there a reason you're fighting Berserker bosses as you go along as opposed to at the end of the game? 

Yea, to save time backtracking. Im actually quite underpowered and am not having too much trouble. If we dont dont get them as we go through, its going to mean a lot of backtracking endgame purely for those as we will already have everything else mostly!!

A argument could be made on both perspectives 'Doing them along the way VS waiting for endgame'.

But with waiting for endgame, you dont really know if that is better or not as guides advising that are just telling you to wait till endgame for everything anyway, mainly due to their belief that you are lacking abilities to access all collectibles (100% is the objective in those guides though, not platinum %)

Edited by Optinooby

5 hours ago, sanjinb said:

Is there a reason you're fighting Berserker bosses as you go along as opposed to at the end of the game? 

One more thing to bear in mind mate, if you have boss checkpoints enabled, you only have to drain half the bosses health to beat them, and do that x 2!!

I just beat the berserker in Pilgrims Landing, I was level 4, he has purple bar so im guessing level 6. First ever attempt, I got his health bar below half, I then died, though I didnt have chance to use my rage and didnt use my revive stone.

Then when i attempted a 2nd time, his health bar was already at half, so all i had to do was now taking the remaining half of his health. All my Runics were recharges due to the checkpoint and my rage was still full!!

Much easier now mate compared to 2018 GOW 1. 

These bosses drop some awesome stuff to, you are really limiting your build leaving them to endgame and making more of a grind for yourself.

The pommels this boss dropped is level 6 and just levelled me up to level 5 once I equipped it!! Ive not upgraded or crafted anything so far btw!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheMentor27 said:

i saw someone has the ps4 version platinum in 30 seconds. I thought its not possible to autopop on ps4. Any ideas??

This isn’t really the thread for it, but that user auto-popped both their PS4 and PS5 lists, so it seems reasonably clear that they’re not playing legit.

• Like 1

The text part has been completed up to post-game, all with optimal exploration steps. There are only really 2 big regions throughout the story that it is VERY time efficient to detour slightly and collect all the platinum requirements stuff on certain story missions. Any areas not mentioned so far is because it would not have been time efficient to clear them and so they have been left till post-game.

Now we begin optimising the remaining collectible clean-up, I expect it to take somewhere around 5 hours give or take, hopefully lower. Not sure on the exact order we will clean up realms yet, but Niflheim and Muspelheim will be last to prevent backtracking there. The former because you need all Ravens to trigger something and Muspelheim due to Gna and we want to be strong first. Nilfheim, Midgard final berserker and Muspelheim are likely the last 3 areas in that order.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

The text part has been completed up to post-game, all with optimal exploration steps. There are only really 2 big regions throughout the story that it is VERY time efficient to detour slightly and collect all the platinum requirements stuff on certain story missions. Any areas not mentioned so far is because it would not have been time efficient to clear them and so they have been left till post-game.

Now we begin optimising the remaining collectible clean-up, I expect it to take somewhere around 5 hours give or take, hopefully lower.

How long till the guides complete? I'm hoping to start in the next few days if I can ever make room on my system 

26 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

How long till the guides complete? I'm hoping to start in the next few days if I can ever make room on my system 

The videos will be a week or 2 yet, though the text part maybe a week or just under, it all depends on how quick I can plan it all out in a time efficient manner in terms of platinum.

There is a lot of info out there currently for me to refer to for individual collectibles, but unfortunately there is nothing in regards to a optimal way to collect each and every platinum collectible, so I have a lot of figuring out to do.

I actually dont think the planning will take me that long, except for The Crater region in Vanaheim. Anything you read on that it's just a complete mess with ALL SORTS to do there and it heavily uses the day/night mechanic so even more juggling to do. I may leave The Crater till right before Niflheim in the end of the clean up.

The text guide currently as it is up to post game will take you maybe 15+ hours or so if you are doing ONLY what I do. Expect a lot more though if you are exploring for un-important chests and such. That would keep you busy for few days

8 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

The videos will be a week or 2 yet, though the text part maybe a week or just under, it all depends on how quick I can plan it all out in a time efficient manner in terms of platinum.

There is a lot of info out there currently for me to refer to for individual collectibles, but unfortunately there is nothing in regards to a optimal way to collect each and every platinum collectible, so I have a lot of figuring out to do.

I actually dont think the planning will take me that long, except for The Crater region in Vanaheim. Anything you read on that it's just a complete mess with ALL SORTS to do there and it heavily uses the day/night mechanic so even more juggling to do. I may leave The Crater till right before Niflheim in the end of the clean up.

The text guide currently as it is up to post game will take you maybe 15+ hours or so if you are doing ONLY what I do. Expect a lot more though if you are exploring for un-important chests and such. That would keep you busy for few days

Lol ok thanks

9 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Lol ok thanks

The videos are not as long as the game will take you btw. With cutscenes removed, up to post game, the videos will likely add up to 10 hours.

Be nice to say I have got the whole Platinum time without cutscenes down to 15 hours but wont know until all is finished.

Im quite intrigued myself at the final platinum time with a optimal guide as its currently being depicted as being much longer than the first game in terms of platinum length, like a lot longer, though atm its looking like a similar length. But then thats just General Trophy Guides vs Optimal Guides, different purposes I guess

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Optinooby said:

The videos are not as long as the game will take you btw. With cutscenes removed, up to post game, the videos will likely add up to 10 hours.

Be nice to say I have got the whole Platinum time without cutscenes down to 15 hours but wont know until all is finished.

Im quite intrigued myself at the final platinum time with a optimal guide as its currently being depicted as being much longer than the first game in terms of platinum length, like a lot longer, though atm its looking like a similar length. But then thats just General Trophy Guides vs Optimal Guides, different purposes I guess

Lol I rarely use videos in guides unless I'm really stuck I prefer text guides just how I grew up 

• Like 1

Good news, the guide is COMPLETELY done in text form!!

There are 1 or 2 things I want to clarify but it's all good how it is!! I will add a brief roadmap to the front of the OP maybe over the weekend just to clarify what is and isn't needed for platinum just for those that would like to know for whatever reason.

Once all is done, I think it's taken me approximately 15 hours excluding cutscenes, so a minimal platinum time for this is a few hours longer than the first game. I optimised it all quite well here, for those that have already platinumed, you can tell by just looking at The Crater sections. I did go a different route after the story initially, but had to go back to the drawing board as I was getting completely whooped by a double berserker boss, and so we go Vanaheim first to level up and it's quite an easy area, just confusing!!

I also found out that you game wont let you go to Durlins house to report in the Spirit of Rebellion favour and update the Viking Funeral favour at the same time ;(

Once platinumed popped, the realms were each between 50% - 70% in terms of collectibles so you CAN MISS A LOT if you don't care after searching every nook and cranny! We also don't really have to revisit any small sub-regions that we passed through the story as we got everything we needed then! I will add all these tidbits in the OP once I update the roadmap.

Also, please let me know any discrepancies so that I can fix them while the game is fresh in my head!

The editing could be a lot better here and this would be very nice in a proper gameplay guide, but i've done what I could with the time I have. If anybody wants to collaborate though and transfer all this into a nicely presented gameplay guide here, I'd be happy to!

Videos are yet to catch up, but the guide technically is all done so hopefully it will save you a lot of valuable hours in your life!!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1