Financial Districts DLC

nik_west

A new "mini-expansion" has been announced (along with a bunch of other stuff), coming the 13th of December 2022.

---------

cs-frenzy-schedule.jpg

Boost the economy of your City with a financial district, and use your funds to invest in the best industries for your population. Financial Districts is a mini-expansion from Colossal Order that adds the new feature “Investments” and more than a hundred assets to the game.

Financial Districts’ key features include:

Investments

Invest your money wisely and improve the lives of your citizens.

Many sectors await your support such as deathcare, healthcare, oil, ore, farming, generic industry, and logistics. Keep track of your investments with the new stock trading tab.

Stock exchange

Level up your investment funds with the stock exchange. This new building also unlocks the tax income bonus for office zone buildings in its area.

Bank buildings

Money, money, money! Banks add a new service to your city and improve its safety thanks to their transport vans that,

while collecting cash from commercial zone buildings, decreasing the criminality rate in the area.

Financial District Specialization

Unlock a new district for office zones when you reach the “Big Town” milestone.

Financial Districts feature a new visual style, and generate higher taxes than basic office zones but decrease happiness.

The tax income bonus increases if a stock exchange is nearby.

Source: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/cities-skylines-end-of-the-year-releases-2022.1555961/

---------

The wiki already lists 5 new achievements:

• All In
    Have at least ₡1,000,000 in cash. Put all of your money into investments, then don't sell any investments for one month.
  • Can't Buy Me Love
    Earn ₡5,000,000 through investments.
  • Cash Flow
    Have a bank building get flooded.
  • No risk, no fun!
    Take a loan in order to make an investment.
  • So Much Cash!
    Transport ₡2,000,000 using cash transport vans in one week.
Edited by nik_west
  • Like 1

Good God, man. These DLCs never stop and are bloody expensive. Not to mention, they can take some significant time. Ugh.

Don't get me wrong, I would love some dlc that was free or exceptionally smaller in length. Give us a new game mode, new scenarios, or require us to play as a person living in the city.

C'mon, Cities' developers, I know you got it in you.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, nik_west said:

A new "mini-expansion" has been announced (along with a bunch of other stuff), coming the 13th of December 2022.

---------

cs-frenzy-schedule.jpg

Boost the economy of your City with a financial district, and use your funds to invest in the best industries for your population. Financial Districts is a mini-expansion from Colossal Order that adds the new feature “Investments” and more than a hundred assets to the game.

Financial Districts’ key features include:

Investments

Invest your money wisely and improve the lives of your citizens.

Many sectors await your support such as deathcare, healthcare, oil, ore, farming, generic industry, and logistics. Keep track of your investments with the new stock trading tab.

Stock exchange

Level up your investment funds with the stock exchange. This new building also unlocks the tax income bonus for office zone buildings in its area.

Bank buildings

Money, money, money! Banks add a new service to your city and improve its safety thanks to their transport vans that,

while collecting cash from commercial zone buildings, decreasing the criminality rate in the area.

Financial District Specialization

Unlock a new district for office zones when you reach the “Big Town” milestone.

Financial Districts feature a new visual style, and generate higher taxes than basic office zones but decrease happiness.

The tax income bonus increases if a stock exchange is nearby.

Source: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/cities-skylines-end-of-the-year-releases-2022.1555961/

---------

The wiki already lists 5 new achievements:

• All In
    Have at least ₡1,000,000 in cash. Put all of your money into investments, then don't sell any investments for one month.
  • Can't Buy Me Love
    Earn ₡5,000,000 through investments.
  • Cash Flow
    Have a bank building get flooded.
  • No risk, no fun!
    Take a loan in order to make an investment.
  • So Much Cash!
    Transport ₡2,000,000 using cash transport vans in one week.

fuck off, why do they make so much

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Does the bundle help when it comes to trophies or it is just cosmetics?

No, the Financial Districts Bundle only contains:

• Financial Districts expansion
  • Map Pack 2, which brings 10 new maps
  • African Vibes radio station, which brings 16 new songs

I don't see how that would help you with trophies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotdog_president said:

I'm having trouble with the "All In" trophy... anyone have any tips?

I don't have the DLC myself yet, so I can't say for sure, but I could imagine that earning money while making investments is what could potentially screw you.

Try pausing the time, put all of your money (at least 1 million) into investments, then let it run for 1 month.

4 hours ago, hotdog_president said:

I'm having trouble with the "All In" trophy... anyone have any tips?

The trophy description sounds weird as heck but the PC version of this achievement says: "Have at least ₡1,000,000 in cash. Put all of your money into investments, then don't sell any investments for one month."

I don't know how this DLC's mechanics work yet but maybe you have to end up having exactly 0 money after doing investments even if you have way over 1 million?

I invested 1 milion in several investments didn't popped, I continue to invest to raise the level of the stock market. At a later date I invested 5 million on travelling airlines when on red 3 in game days later I sold everything for a 200k profit and it popped. I hope it helps.

I dumped 1.2mill into a low value stock and let it sit for a few months. All In trophy popped as soon as I sold the stock at a profit. 

2mill transported, I got at 81k population with a traffic rating of 91% Seemed to get better results with multiple small banks, rather than fewer large ones.

Hope that helps folks.