Warning when you play at launch

The_Gator_Hator

44 minutes ago, The_Gator_Hator said:

Personally I struggled with one playthrough.

BROTHER, BEHIND YOU
THERE IS AN ENEMY BEHIND YOU KRATOS
TO YOUR SIDE KRATOS
USE YOUR SHIELD
USE---

Holy shit shut up, I've died zero times in this playthrough up until the optional superbosses, I can see the arrows on my HUD for attacks and I know which weapons to use if I want to play optimally. I'm doing this little thing called having fun with it.

Yeah, this. I'm not even the one playing the game and that's gotten old pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Hey man - just to clarify…

1. I don’t have an alt account (which is why all the games I talk about playing are on my account)

2. I don’t cherry pick games based on trophies (which is why there are well over 50 incomplete games on my profile, including some I could never hope to S-Rank 1f602.png)

It’s just that dude trying to get a rise outta me - I have him blocked, so I didn’t see the comments until you quoted them

Yeah, I was just about to jump in to defend you as anyone can see there is stuff you don't have 100% in, including  Wolfenstein 2 which is perhaps the ultimate giveaway that not being able to get 100% isn't a deal-breaker for you!  And the alt account accusation is obviously bull lol

That being said, I have to disagree with your original igniting comment. While not being able to get 100% shouldn't prevent someone form buying a game. Bugs and other technical issues would absolutely prevent me from purchasing a game. I got GOD: R because the last one was so polished but I've had to use the checkpoint system due to various bugs to the point where I'm playing the game with a bit of anxiety because I don't know if the next bug is the one that's going to prevent me from beating the game, let alone completing it.

Also, completion is part of the game itself. It's fun to see a tick by a list and it's one thing to be denied that tick due to one's own capabilities, quite another to be denied it because the game was rushed out the door.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

I love these threads you got someone on one hand warning people a trophy may be bugged on a trophy hunting website.  On the other hand you got the same 5 people coming along to tell everyone to not worry about the trophies and it's stupid not to play a good game because of the trophies.  Those people get a bunch of likes which strokes their ego the same way trophy whores stoke the hedgehog.  Rinse and repeat the same exact thread will happen next time someone warns of a bugged trophy in good game.  The same 5 people will come along and tell you how stupid you are for pointing out the bugs and not wanting to replay the game for a few more likes. 

they're argumentative and attention seeking.  I certainly appreciate being warned as I like to get trophies fast as possible without replaying the same thing twice.  And since i'm all grown up i can certainly wait a week or two to play something  until they patch it.  I don't gotta play it as soon as it releases.  The same group of people giv9ng you shit as give everyone shit for anything they disagree with.

I actually really wanted to "replay" this with New Game Plus because Give Me God Of War NG+ on the last one was alot of fun but there is no new game plus on this one (yet, they might patch it in like the last one but I really expected that to be in the launch game this time)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

GoW fanboyism brings out the absolute worst in this community 

Literally has nothing to do with the game at this point. 

It's a fundamental disagreement of the trophy hunter philosophy and clearly not everybody shares that same philosophy. The same pointless debate that's taken place on these forums a thousand times already. 

Regardless, the trophy in question may not be bugged at all and could be chalked down to a misconception of what needs to be collected in order to craft the items needed as was solved in the other thread related to this same 'bugged' trophy. 

Which would really deem this whole argument and thread for naught. 

14 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

I don't honestly think that many people are playing ragnarok anyway lol... judging by numbers on here it would certainly seem like it's not selling that well compared to past titles.

PSN Profiles' numbers are not the right source to know whether a game sold well or not, or how many players actually play it. Profiles are not being updated constantly on this site for most users.

• Like 1

I got a patch for the PS5 version tonight. For anyone wondering what it fixes like I was, it seems to be mostly about stability issues:

God of War Ragnarok 2.001 Patch Notes – November 13, 2022

Addressed crashing issues.

Fixed some minor glitches.

Addressed stuttering bug.

General gameplay optimizations.

General stability improvements.

Other minor fixes.

2 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Yeah, just over 22k players so far, dwarfing the next nearest game on the list 1f644.png 

That isn't even to mention that psnprofiles is just a single (very specific at that) source. If you think this game isn't doing gargantuan numbers then you've either been living under a rock for the past few years or you're a troll. 

it's definitely popular within the trophy hunting community, and psn community yeah.. but i'm saying that community has clearly shrunk over the years, and i'm wondering what flat gow 2018 sales were after a month, compared to say what ragnarok would be after a month on both ps4 and 5 and see what the discrepency was (if any)

22 hours ago, QTK_xx said:

Hey, have any of you had the bug of not being able to pick up the treasure map? I'm talking about the treasure map from raiders fort in midgard. I cleared the place and when I go to the map lying on the ground I don't have the circle icon to pick it up. I wouldn't want to waste about 5 hours to load an earlier save if it would help at all 

I restarted the game and unfortunately it didn't help

Make 100% sure you killed every enemy there.  Also sometimes enemies will disappear through the map and you'll just need to checkpoint restart.  Had that happen once and couldn't interact with a door or chest (no icons) nor did the xp icon pop up.  Restarted checkpoint and it put me right after the fight, with the icons selectable.

• Like 1

Regarding how popular Ragnarok is right now, there's no arguing with the numbers however I do think that the energy and excitement isn't as high for this one as it was leading up to its launch, and I suspect that's probably because a lot of people have come to the same conclusion that I have 20 hours in - it's not as good as the last one. It's not just the bugs. It has other flaws as well, mainly the out of place menu admin around gear, an ill paced campaign that feels like an extended side quest at times, and chaotic combat as a result of spongy enemies with too many different monster types in a single encounter. It's still good but I'm honestly at a point where I feel like I've seen all I need to see, gameplay wise, and just want to wrap it up so I can get the plat and move on.

3 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I got a patch for the PS5 version tonight. For anyone wondering what it fixes like I was, it seems to be mostly about stability issues:

God of War Ragnarok 2.001 Patch Notes – November 13, 2022

Addressed crashing issues.

Fixed some minor glitches.

Addressed stuttering bug.

General gameplay optimizations.

General stability improvements.

Other minor fixes.

They need to fix the irritating audio bug where combat music still plays even though the encounter has finished and you can still hear Odin's Ravens muttering even after you leave Niflheim. Amongst other problems like 'hold' for the repeated button presses in the accessibility settings not working in some instances. I haven't had any crashes yet and  have only had one noticeable frame rate drop so far but I suspect the patched issues are ones the devs were aware of before launch and that we won't see the actual player tested bugs for another few months.

1 hour ago, TheStark700 said:

I also got a patch update last night, not a big one but one while I was playing the game at the time.

Incidentally, has anyone found a way to fix this glitch?

I think it's been established that it may not be a glitch but a misunderstanding from some players as to the requirements. I wouldn't know as I'm playing this blind while making lots of manual saves just in case.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom

21 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

....chaotic combat as a result of spongy enemies with too many different monster types in a single encounter. 

Likely a direct result of one of the biggest complaints with the 2018 game; there were not enough different enemy types which made the combat extremely redundant and repetitive. 

They definitely addressed that this time around. 

I would agree though that there is too much padding in the campaign and the pacing is not consistent. Too much narrative and the gameplay in between is not balanced but that's a problem that plagues most Sony 1st party games now. So much focus on the story and writing which is great but there moments in these games where it becomes more an interactive movie than it is a video game. You just expect the campaign to be exceptionally good because the first game was exceptionally good. 

I wouldn't say it's worse than the 2018 game, it's at least on par with it and there's a lot of things that were done better besides just the obvious graphics and whatnot. I like the fact there are much more unique enemies, I'm 25 hours in myself and I'm still finding new enemy types while exploring, can never predict what you're going to run into whereas the first game was much more predictable.

Higher expectations this time around is what is breeding some critical response I think. The first game was a clean slate, nobody really knew what to expect jumping into it and were blown away by what they ended up getting. It set the bar and now that people have already had their minds blown with the first game, it's hard to repeat that same reaction the 2nd time around when people already have extremely high expectations for it. It makes it easier to take it for granted and make it seem it's not as good because the shock and awe factor is out of the equation. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 10:38 AM, Koolguy65 said:

This is exactly why I don't get things at launch unless it's a special game I know is possibly not screwed up put the gate lol. I have many in my backlog to play till it's time to get the new one! Definitely hate buggy ones geared towards collectibles. Hope the devs hope on it fast! Their one of the good guys! Lol

you are crying because something 'might' be working as intended.

I hate to break it to you but things can break and stop working even after patches. 

there's no perfection in these man made items. you're waiting just for the next problem to happen or chance to cry about a problem that isn't even affecting you

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

it's definitely popular within the trophy hunting community, and psn community yeah.. but i'm saying that community has clearly shrunk over the years, and i'm wondering what flat gow 2018 sales were after a month, compared to say what ragnarok would be after a month on both ps4 and 5 and see what the discrepency was (if any)

Near 29k on PS4 and PS5 at this time. I don't see the logic in wanting to dismiss or undermine that. 

GoW:R has already sold more than all previous GoW titles at launch. We haven't even played the game for a full week yet but you want to put all the current real data aside to wonder about what might happen in a month. It doesn't even seem like you want to acknowledge that current sitation for some reason or another. In a month's time we there be more comparisons? Sure. We arent there yet. If you are, then why not wait a month before you join the conversation instead of trying to control the direction.

• Like 3

Op warns about people about a possible glitch ✅

Geniuses annoyed by OP because he pointed out a possible glitch ✅

other geniuses mistaken a trophy hunting website with whatever they think it is ✅

Ahhh one of good old psnp threads where people are surprised because there may be some people who wouldn’t want to redo 40hours of stuff due to a buggy trophy. Missed it.

• Like 3

On 11/12/2022 at 0:23 PM, mega-tallica said:

How do you know how he chooses what games to play?

Just because somebody has a lot of 100% completed games doesn't mean that's their sole purpose in playing them. 

Nobody is forgetting anything.

Telling people not to play the game because one trophy might bug out for you is as much a warning as it is showcasing the flaw of the trophy hunting mindset where some will avoid games (even arguably one of the best games of the past decade) just because of trophies. 

Trophy hunting site or not, that is absurd. 

Since I am a trophy hunter and I come to this trophy hunting site to learn about trophies I appreciate when someone tells me a trophy is bugged on a game I am trying to get all the trophies for. Maybe it's just me though.

Edited by VoIatileMolotov
  • Like 2