Pushing the envelope is the most rage inducing thing ever, and i have no clue on how to beat it

Im not kidding when i say this is harder for me than it was doing Mein leben on Wolfenstein 2. Why? Cuz it feels completely random with very little skill involved. I watch youtube videos but i still cant do it. Its weird, cuz back on ps3 i did it within like three thries, cause the cops wrecked themselves. As i said, random as shit. The worst enemy in the game is not the cops themselves, its the freeze frame "introducing" the cop about to pursue you, cause when the game starts again it will often throw you straight into a crash.

How the fuck do i beat this shit? Before i break my controller in pure frustration.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i did it on my 2nd attempt. What I find out to work best is to actually avoid shortcuts. Even though the path is shorter, it greatly reduces your acceleration due to driving with a low body. 

Try to not use your jammers if you don't need to, I tend to keep half a nitrous to try and evade them by pushing as hard as I can. Most of the times you will be in a straight when you can't seem to avoid them, use a spike strip instead. Chances are that they will hit and you will evade the EMP. Only use jammers and spikes if the EMP is ALMOST going to hit, listen to the sound queue for that.

On the highway section, try to ride on the emergency lane, it's narrow and you'll nearly fit, but cops tend to hit pedestrians, making it harder for them to catch up and try to EMP you.

Focus on speed, sticking on the main road and not taking out the cops, but using your power ups as defence rather than offence and you'll make it.